Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal. Fidelity requires a lot of patience. I don't really care about rofr... Disney has really no rhyme ot reason to it, if it gets rofr no biggie, just look for another.

I have only been seriously looking since March and every few days someone has good listings pop up. There will always be some for sale.

You don't go to a car dealership and offer more for a red car, you bargain for it or wait for a better red car to come along.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Everyone here who seems to have gotten an exceptionally good deal seems to have gone through Fidelity. It seems that their sellers are in a more need to sell situation (financial, bankruptcy, probate). With their selection & more so good deals, it makes the slower service & required follow ups seems worth it.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Everyone here who seems to have gotten an exceptionally good deal seems to have gone through Fidelity. It seems that their sellers are in a more need to sell situation (financial, bankruptcy, probate). With their selection & more so good deals, it makes the slower service & required follow ups seems worth it.

I don't think Fidelity sellers are more in need, I saw some fidelity listing for as much as direct price with less available points. I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more. Fidelity seems like big broker with more department causing slower processing. Being big gets more listing, TSS will catch up in listing due to their fast services, yes most of their listing are higher then most of the brokers.

I don't think Fidelity sellers are more in need, I saw some fidelity listing for as much as direct price with less available points. I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more. Fidelity seems like big broker with more department causing slower processing. Being big gets more listing, TSS will catch up in listing due to their fast services, yes most of their listing are higher then most of the brokers.

Fidelity will probably have more listings then any other broker firm since Disney sends sellers directly to Fidelity a lot of sellers do not know even where to turn when considering selling and turn to Disney for advise. TSS is more aware of the resale pricing and advises their sellers according to the market. I found when questioning Fidelity about a month ago that they really were not up on current trends and pricing since they were advising clients to list BWV at 55.00 and 60.00PP when other brokers were listing at high 60's low 70's.

agie65 said:
I guess brokers job is to get the most money for the seller at the same time they get paid more if they sell for more.

Not exactly. Timeshare resale brokers are transaction brokers, which means that they represent the transaction and not the buyer or the seller. They are under no obligation to get the seller the best price or the buyer the best deal. All they are obligated to do is get the deal done, which sometimes might include some of those elements.

I have to disagree on this on some counts. I think some of the high prices on Fidelity are the result of some having to sell their property & they need to get the higher amount back to satisfy a mortgage. I also agree with DBS1228 on the lower listing that they are not as in tune with the market pricing/trends especially on the lower priced listings (in listings where satisfying a larger mortgage probably is not an issue). I think, most if not all of their listings, are the result of some sort of hardship.

TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.

I used Fidelty with no problems but I think rachael left. Last January I got 150 ssr loaded with 100 2011 banked all 2012 for 60 pp they were asking 69. We started in jan 2 closed feb 26 booked for October 2012 by march 10. Easier process just don't think about it

NoleFan said:
TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.

Used both brokers and both times had excellent service. Yes asking price was high for the other broker but I offered and got a lower price, whereas I paid asking price with TSS. I recommend TSS to friends looking for a 1st contract as typically people need their points asap and don't want to loose time with bargaining and ROFR.

TSS has excellent services & I think their prices are in line with average resale market value. I think the broker that has by far the highest prices is the one we are not allowed to list here.[/QUOTE]

So, who is the broker we're not allowed to list here? You can give hints, if you can't say the name. And why can't we say that broker's name?

Alsom someone asked earlier why her when she listed her Broker's name, it turned to asterisks. I was wondering that myself.

So, who is the broker we're not allowed to list here? You can give hints, if you can't say the name. And why can't we say that broker's name?

Alsom someone asked earlier why her when she listed her Broker's name, it turned to asterisks. I was wondering that myself.[/QUOTE]
Anxiously waiting to hear what the reply is to these questions. I wondered about both of those, too!

Does Fidelity have an email system where they notify you daily of any new listings like some other websites do? I check their site every few days but then I can't remember if it's a property I've already inquired about without searching through my sent emails

I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal. Fidelity requires a lot of patience. I don't really care about rofr... Disney has really no rhyme ot reason to it, if it gets rofr no biggie, just look for another.

I have only been seriously looking since March and every few days someone has good listings pop up. There will always be some for sale.

You don't go to a car dealership and offer more for a red car, you bargain for it or wait for a better red car to come along.

Does Fidelity have an email system where they notify you daily of any new listings like some other websites do? I check their site every few days but then I can't remember if it's a property I've already inquired about without searching through my sent emails

I heard they typically update their site Tuesday & Thursday.

I heard they typically update their site Tuesday & Thursday.

Brokers/office staff at Fidelity do not maintain online listing, some other IT company does the work, so not very clear listing info most of the time, you have to call and inquire each time and you forget which one you already asked in last conversation.

I have found really good deals on fidelity. Not all the sellers are motivated, one offer i made two months ago still hasn't responded to! TSS has some good deals to. TSS seems more prone to people just offering asking or more for some reason. I even has the sales agent tell me that someone might coming in and offer asking while I was negotiating so I had better offer full price. I said I only wanted it if I thought it was a good deal.

Full price doesn't mean it's not a good deal. If a seller has aggressively priced the contract, it could be a great deal at full price. I understand in most cases negotiating is the best option...but plenty of contracts out there are fantastic buys at asking price. Passing on those because of some arbitrary desire to pay below asking price can make you miss out on something good.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a BWV contract. I watched listings for weeks...tracked the ROFR board to see what others are paying...then a great contract popped up and I made an offer below asking price. Before the offer was presented to the buyer I called and changed my offer to full asking price which got me the contract. Before I received the contract I found out there were multiple full price backup offers. If I wouldn't have switched to a full price offer...I bet I would have missed out on that contract. And honestly, since then I've only seen 1 other BWV contract that was priced like the one I bought. It it good to negotiate? Absolutely. But in some cases attempting to negotiate will lose you a good contract. You just have to know when to hold 'em...and when to fold 'em. :)

Full price doesn't mean it's not a good deal. If a seller has aggressively priced the contract, it could be a great deal at full price. I understand in most cases negotiating is the best option...but plenty of contracts out there are fantastic buys at asking price. Passing on those because of some arbitrary desire to pay below asking price can make you miss out on something good.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a BWV contract. I watched listings for weeks...tracked the ROFR board to see what others are paying...then a great contract popped up and I made an offer below asking price. Before the offer was presented to the buyer I called and changed my offer to full asking price which got me the contract. Before I received the contract I found out there were multiple full price backup offers. If I wouldn't have switched to a full price offer...I bet I would have missed out on that contract. And honestly, since then I've only seen 1 other BWV contract that was priced like the one I bought. It it good to negotiate? Absolutely. But in some cases attempting to negotiate will lose you a good contract. You just have to know when to hold 'em...and when to fold 'em. :)

Good deal can be somewhat subjective, cheapest price is absolute. If you find a contract at a price you are happy paying, be happy with that & enjoy the points!

What was your BWV offer?

We passed ROFR and mailed our contracts in with our final payment. Does anyone know how long it takes Disney to finalize transferring the DVC ownership over to me and get my membership number. I would like to book a vacation ASAP. ;) TIA

We passed ROFR and mailed our contracts in with our final payment. Does anyone know how long it takes Disney to finalize transferring the DVC ownership over to me and get my membership number. I would like to book a vacation ASAP. ;) TIA

Closing should be w/in 4-10 days (can be longer) of getting closing papers, depending on how quick the sellers get their documents back to the closing company. If you are a new member, it will take about 14-17 days from closing to get your member # letter in the mail. If you are an existing member, points will show up on your online account on the member website about 7-10 days from closing. Figure about a month from passing ROFR.

Well day 30 is tomorrow so I called Fidelity since I heard a similar contract from same sellers was taken a few days ago and at 1st they said they had not heard - then it was "oh yea yours was ROFR'd also" thanks for the call or email! Anyhoo... BWV Oct UY 200 - 2011 points and forward 65.00PP and there was an almost identical contract also taken according to Fidelity the same day.

Waiting until the right contract comes - really want my Aug UY so all is good. We are not going until x-mas 2014 so plenty of time!

Good luck to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter