• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't hear back by tomorrow, give your broker a call.
Stephen

I dropped them an email.

We bought an almost identical contract last year at this time that passed much sooner than we expected. I'm just getting paranoid Disney exercised their ROFR on our contract.

I dropped them an email.

We bought an almost identical contract last year at this time that passed much sooner than we expected. I'm just getting paranoid Disney exercised their ROFR on our contract.
From what I have read, Disney is taking the full 30 days on most contracts, but I do not know why. On the other hand, ROFR has been quiet. I think you should expect a full 45-60 days from start to finish.

I have 3 contracts in to ROFR right now myself. Where are you buying?

From what I have read, Disney is taking the full 30 days on most contracts, but I do not know why. On the other hand, ROFR has been quiet. I think you should expect a full 45-60 days from start to finish.

I have 3 contracts in to ROFR right now myself. Where are you buying?

We're adding onto our OKW holdings--150 points. I think it was $57 a point, I'd have to go back and check.

We're adding onto our OKW holdings--150 points. I think it was $57 a point, I'd have to go back and check.

You should be fine at that price point. Hopefully if you have banked points you will have time to use them. We also own at OKW, and love it!

Our current contracts went to ROFR on January 31st so I am expecting to have to wait until near the end of March to be in the Disney system.

Good luck to you and enjoy your points!!

Adding on to our portfolio.
Our offer was accepted today.
200 Beach Club points 72$ 400 points for 2012; 200 for 2013; Feb. UY; prorate dues;buyer pays closing.

Rachel at Fidelity is handling this transaction.
I'll get back when the contract is sent to Disney.

Well, after almost 40 days in ROFR, Rachel called this morning and we passed ROFR. 75 points at BWV, $50 per point. No 2011 points. Aug. use year which is exactly what we wanted and exactly what we asked for. :)

Wow, 40 days. We are on day 27 and hoping it comes through soon. Can't imagine waiting passed the 30 days.

Wow, 40 days. We are on day 27 and hoping it comes through soon. Can't imagine waiting passed the 30 days.

Yes, we bought our first property in Nov 2011 and passed ROFR in 21 days. On this one, I really didn't car how long it took but after we started reading all the ones that passed, you start to wonder. LOL :confused3 We were so lucky to get this contract, we might have had to wait months to find another with the correct use year, points etc. Our main contract is at BLT, this is an aside for us that is a perfect fit.

Good luck to all :goodvibes

Here is our time line and details:

12/29 offer accepted. AKV, 100pts, $63pp, Dec, Split closing, Buyer pays 2012 MF, all 11,12,13 points.
1/6 sent to ROFR
1/31 ROFR waived
2/10 received contracts via fed ex
2/17 closed
2/21 contract added at Disney, though according to DVCmember.com the points are not actually in the system. The contract is listed but with no points in any use year.

Jim

WOOHOO! We closed today! I got an email about an hour ago from the closing company saying our contract closed today, and to allow 10-12 days for Disney to transfer all the information into their system and then we will receive our membership # and info from them.

So excited. So here is our timeline. 125 pts. at BLT June UY, 94 banked pts.

1/3 made an offer and about two days to come to an agreement.
1/10 sent to Disney for ROFR
2/9 passed ROFR
2/10 received closing docs via email
2/21 closed.

Adding on to our portfolio.
Our offer was accepted today.
200 Beach Club points 74$ 400 points for 2012; 200 for 2013; Feb. UY; prorate dues;buyer pays closing.

Rachel at Fidelity is handling this transaction.
I'll get back when the contract is sent to Disney.

I thought you said you were stopping!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao: No Disney Village for you!! :rotfl2:

WOOHOO! We closed today! I got an email about an hour ago from the closing company saying our contract closed today, and to allow 10-12 days for Disney to transfer all the information into their system and then we will receive our membership # and info from them.

2/9 passed ROFR
2/21 closed.

Congratulations! I would wait 3 business days and start calling member administration.

Well, after almost 40 days in ROFR, Rachel called this morning and we passed ROFR. 75 points at BWV, $50 per point. No 2011 points. Aug. use year which is exactly what we wanted and exactly what we asked for. :)

We're at 35 days--I can't believe it's taking this long. Isn't Disney obligated to respond within 30 days?

We're at 35 days--I can't believe it's taking this long. Isn't Disney obligated to respond within 30 days?

Check out this thread I started this morning. One poster has an excerpt of a document posted and a bit of discussion on Disney's rights and the owners rights. Perhaps no one has pushed this previously. Personally, I think, as a seller, I'd have a problem with Disney not holding to the timetable.

Read on.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2881528

Good luck !!:wizard:

4 smaller contracts at OKW with a Sep UY totaling 250 pts.
$55/pt, buyer pays closing and 2012 MFs

40 pts, 40 banked 2010 points, 40 2011, 40 2012

40 pts, 40 banked 2010 points, 40 2011, 40 2012

70 pts, 70 banked 2010 points, 70 2011, 70 2012

100 pts, 100 banked 2010 points, 100 2011, 100 2012

2/9 passed ROFR
2/21 closed.

Congratulations and welcome home! Have fun planning your first trip. :yay:

Finally closed on 250 OKW pts (Oct. use year) :yay:

Offered 12/24
passed ROFR 1/24
closed 2/21

now on to the next ;)

I was prepared for a delay, given what some others were reporting, but it took Disney less than 30 days to respond. Rachel emailed me this morning that I passed. :thumbsup2

I was just notified the contract was sent to ROFR! :yay: 80 BWV points (June UY) 58/point, 38 banked 2011 points and all going forward, buyer pays closing and buyer and seller split dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter