• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know why it's so busy right now?

A friend was at Epcot today, she said a lot of Brazilian Tour Groups, 75 to 100 people in each. They ended up leaving early to go to the airport.

i-dont-have-to-take-this-im-going-home.jpg

Do you have the crowd levels for Feb 1-3 for this year? Friday looks like rain so Im thinking of changing all my plans.

Just search "Disney World Crowd Calendars" and you'll see several different calendars and their opinions on what days would be busy.

You didn't say which parks you were going to but my own personal opinion is that Thursday, Feb.1st would be your best chance for lowest crowds, getting busier on the Friday and then the Saturday.

The problem with changing your Friday plans is that you will lose the FP reservations you have made. If you think you can get through the rain, I would go anyway because a few people might choose to stay away from the parks that day!

on the 16th there was a 20 min wait for nine dragons....NINE DRAGONS!! one the worst rated restaurants in DW. I have never seen a soul in there with us before and we go every Jan.

Anyone there today? The wait times look pretty in line with expectations. I've even seen FEA and 7DMT FPs pop up a couple of times today on the lines app. Epcot seems nearly deserted.

Can vouch epcot was quiet, my friend said frozen was a 10 minute wait! But MK times seemed a little nuts earlier today. Hoping for the best come Thursday!

Anyone there today? The wait times look pretty in line with expectations. I've even seen FEA and 7DMT FPs pop up a couple of times today on the lines app. Epcot seems nearly deserted.

We were at Epcot today and crowds were more than manageable. FEA was only a 35 minute wait all the way up until almost noon. That seems unusual to me.

We rope dropped Test Track and waited no more than 5 minutes, then went over and did standby for Soarin and waited only 14 minutes. The park felt like a 3, which I believe is what TP had it down for today.

Was in MK today, definitely a solid 5/10 (if not 6/10) in my opinion. But all things considered, we did good about seeing everything we wanted to see. Longest wait we had was 30-40 minutes.

Anyone there today? I’m crossing my fingers that the crowds have miracously parted, and will stay that way in time for my trip....in less than 4 days (yay!!!)

I have to remind myself to not worry about things that are out of my control. TP already gave me a wake up call, when they sent an email last month updating and increasing all CL.

Anyone there today? I’m crossing my fingers that the crowds have miracously parted, and will stay that way in time for my trip....in less than 4 days (yay!!!)

I have to remind myself to not worry about things that are out of my control. TP already gave me a wake up call, when they sent an email last month updating and increasing all CL.

We arrive Sunday and I'm telling myself the same. I can't control crowd level or rain so I'm just going to decide to enjoy myself.

Well, yesterday wasn't too bad. Based on the wait times I saw, I'm a little surprised the CLs were reported as high as they were. But, based on wait times I saw yesterday, I'm OK with them. Of course lower would be better, but yesterday wasn't horrible.

Well, yesterday wasn't too bad. Based on the wait times I saw, I'm a little surprised the CLs were reported as high as they were. But, based on wait times I saw yesterday, I'm OK with them. Of course lower would be better, but yesterday wasn't horrible.
I was surprised too. It seems like a lot of people are headed down next week, so I guess we'll see!

We arrive Sunday and I'm telling myself the same. I can't control crowd level or rain so I'm just going to decide to enjoy myself.

We're arriving Saturday and have the same mindset. It will be fine, especially since we're prepared for the possibility of higher than average crowds.

Well, yesterday wasn't too bad

It did look a lot better! Wait times were well within tolerable levels. I think this Saturday will be busy but the week following should be manageable.

We're arriving Saturday and have the same mindset. It will be fine, especially since we're prepared for the possibility of higher than average crowds.

It did look a lot better! Wait times were well within tolerable levels. I think this Saturday will be busy but the week following should be manageable.
Yup, Saturday will always be busy. The upside of the expected rain is that it should help lower the crowds a bit. I won't die in the rain LOL.

I was surprised too. It seems like a lot of people are headed down next week, so I guess we'll see!

We are also arriving next week (Monday). Really the best time DH could go durnto his work schedule. He does not care for crowds so I tried to plan based on crowd calendars ...going to the ‘green’ park. Any least have a better plan than others that are there at the same time

We are also arriving next week (Monday). Really the best time DH could go durnto his work schedule. He does not care for crowds so I tried to plan based on crowd calendars ...going to the ‘green’ park. Any least have a better plan than others that are there at the same time
I've come to the conclusion that with all the planning I've done, I'll be better prepared than most -- even if it's really crowded. I'm going to go in expecting crazy crowds and if it turns out better, then that's awesome. If not, I've done all I can do and we'll still have a great time. Plus, alcohol is now included in the dining plan, so that should take the edge off! :)

We are set to arrive Sunday and BOTH of my kids have the flu this week! My 11 year old is over it, still coughing but not running a fever anymore but my 4 year old is in the thick of it. I bet he'll be better by Friday. So now I'm praying and shoving vitamins down all of our throats in the hopes that DH and I don't catch it. I've been fighting so hard to keep everyone well! FAIL!

We are set to arrive Sunday and BOTH of my kids have the flu this week! My 11 year old is over it, still coughing but not running a fever anymore but my 4 year old is in the thick of it. I bet he'll be better by Friday. So now I'm praying and shoving vitamins down all of our throats in the hopes that DH and I don't catch it. I've been fighting so hard to keep everyone well! FAIL!
I'm afraid of this too, or or catching it on the plane!

I'm afraid of this too, or or catching it on the plane!
I had this fear, too, but luckily stayed healthy. :) One thing I did that I've never done before is once I sat down on the plane, I wiped my tray all over using clorox wipes I had in my carryon. I also carried an empty plastic ziploc to put the dirty wipes in so I didn't have to hold them or find somewhere to throw them away while everyone was boarding. Easy peasy and took less than 30 seconds. I wiped our remote, doorknob, toilet handle and light switches once we got in the room and was conscious of not touching everything and washing my hands often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter