Anyone know when WDW is going to fix their website?

TeamEvansGo

Mouseketeer
Can't make payments, can't change reservations. (Yes I know you can call, not really interested in being put on hold for 30 minutes while listening to bees sing "Beauty and the Beast") Two days ago support told me that it would be fixed within 24 hours. Obviously that didn't happen.

Anyone have any word on what's going on and when it will be fixed?

Guess they don't want these couple thousand dollars I have to give them. Maybe if I tell them I'll just take it over to Universal...

I'm really sorry you are having issues. It's absolutely infuriating that you have money to give them and you can't.

But they have had a terrible computer system for years. I don't see that changing any time soon since people keep booking.

I'm sorry. :badpc:

I'm really sorry you are having issues. It's absolutely infuriating that you have money to give them and you can't.

But they have had a terrible computer system for years. I don't see that changing any time soon since people keep booking.

I'm sorry. :badpc:
Sadly I know the problems with the site all too well. I've encountered them in the past 2 trips I've booked. It's just so strange that they are one of the biggest companies in the world and yet they can't keep a website running correctly. Thanks for the support!

Folks who have room only always have to call for payments. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are removing the ability to make payments for packages. Despite the fact that CM keep saying it's coming, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. I'd assume it's not being added back in and be prepared to call. Be surprised if they do reinstate it.

As for changes, that has always been hit or miss. Some reservations I can change, others I can't. No rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't either. It's very strange. I do miss when it's gone and when it's not working they probably do loose money as I'm forever playing with it when it works. Sometimes seeing the figure there in black and white for an upgrade can make me take the leap and upgrade. If I can't play with it myself, I don't bother to call. Unless I know for sure I want to make a change, like I booked standard while waiting on a view to open up. I'll still check like I'm making a new reservation and if what I'm looking for opens up, I'll call and make the switch then.

I literally cannot purchase a single thing from the WDW website at the moment. The problem developed when I tried to buy some annual passes last week. I got as far as pressing the "purchase" button once, and the website became non-responsive. I then got a message that the script that was running was hung. From that point forward, every time I press the "Add to Cart" button for any type of pass or ticket the website then takes me to my shopping cart with a message that tells me my cart is empty. I called WDW tech support after the failed purchase attempt and they confirmed that no purchase transaction was attempted on the back-end. They also confirmed that they saw no problems with my account that would block any purchases. I tried three different types of web browsers on two different PCs and got the same results each time. I was finally advised to call Disney to purchase the tickets. I just checked, and the problem still exists.

I literally cannot purchase a single thing from the WDW website at the moment. The problem developed when I tried to buy some annual passes last week. I got as far as pressing the "purchase" button once, and the website became non-responsive. I then got a message that the script that was running was hung. From that point forward, every time I press the "Add to Cart" button for any type of pass or ticket the website then takes me to my shopping cart with a message that tells me my cart is empty. I called WDW tech support after the failed purchase attempt and they confirmed that no purchase transaction was attempted on the back-end. They also confirmed that they saw no problems with my account that would block any purchases. I tried three different types of web browsers on two different PCs and got the same results each time. I was finally advised to call Disney to purchase the tickets. I just checked, and the problem still exists.
Have you cleared all cookies?
At this point I'd ask Tech Support to wipe your account and just start fresh.

Please. Just yesterday they somehow removed my park hoppers from my package, price went down and everything. Today I call to add them back, they do whatever, say it's fixed. Later I log on to check, tickets aren't there and now memory maker is missing! :rotfl:

Sooo, I call again, had a very nice lady sit on hold with guest services and myself for 30 minutes to fix it, then waited for me to log on to check if it's all correct. As of now, everything is there. I AM AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING! :laughing:

Have you cleared all cookies?
At this point I'd ask Tech Support to wipe your account and just start fresh.
Yep. the ol' "Please clear your cache and delete your cookies... so you'll have to start from scratch with all of the web sites that you visit" was the first thing they went for. I work in IT and support web apps, among other things, so I was expecting that one. Didn't do a thing. I had already tried both IE and Chrome myself and got the same results, so I doubted it was a cache/cookies issue... but I went ahead and humored the guy.

Given the tickets, reservations, and FP+ that I currently already have... I'm a little leery of asking them to "wipe my account". :)

On Sunday, the ENTIRE system went down. I called at last minute as I was packing to book two rooms at ASMovies. They told me I couldn't book anything because their reservation system was down. I had to ARGUE to get them to call ASMovies to check availability so I could do it as a walk-in and I am glad I insisted because ASMovies told Guest Services that they wouldn't even process walk in reservations and that the entire property was shuttered for the evening or until the system came back online. Disney actually suggested I find another property in the area :eek:

On Sunday, the ENTIRE system went down. I called at last minute as I was packing to book two rooms at ASMovies. They told me I couldn't book anything because their reservation system was down. I had to ARGUE to get them to call ASMovies to check availability so I could do it as a walk-in and I am glad I insisted because ASMovies told Guest Services that they wouldn't even process walk in reservations and that the entire property was shuttered for the evening or until the system came back online. Disney actually suggested I find another property in the area :eek:
I've been there on a day when that happened, back in 2012. It was awful. Couldn't check in, even with a reservation, couldn't use the DP, couldn't get our tickets, nothing. Gave us all 1 day passes to use and had to pay for food till they got things back in place and get it applied to DP and then refunded later. Not hard for me with just 3 but I can imagine the problems a big family would have when they thought they'd already paid for their food
I was actually there on Sunday, at the Christmas Party and we couldn't use the MB to do anything. Luckily, the system was up for FP, at least till the party started.

I've been there on a day when that happened, back in 2012. It was awful. Couldn't check in, even with a reservation, couldn't use the DP, couldn't get our tickets, nothing. Gave us all 1 day passes to use and had to pay for food till they got things back in place and get it applied to DP and then refunded later. Not hard for me with just 3 but I can imagine the problems a big family would have when they thought they'd already paid for their food
I was actually there on Sunday, at the Christmas Party and we couldn't use the MB to do anything. Luckily, the system was up for FP, at least till the party started.
You'd think they'd have a back up in place. I mean, how did they handle this all before? Clearly not well if there were issues like this going back to 2012, but there had to be a way before their "new" system.

There is really no way to know when it will be up because we don't know why it is down. It may not even be a Disney issue if it is something wrong with a CDN, DNS, or some other third party system. I'm sure their support staff is working as quickly as possible and they will be revisiting their business continuity plan as soon as this is done to mitigate any future outages but these things are difficult.

There is really no way to know when it will be up because we don't know why it is down. It may not even be a Disney issue if it is something wrong with a CDN, DNS, or some other third party system. I'm sure their support staff is working as quickly as possible and they will be revisiting their business continuity plan as soon as this is done to mitigate any future outages but these things are difficult.
I don't think anyone is faulting Disney for not making great efforts to get a faulty system back up and running. I think the outrage is when their faulty system does fail, it fails in BIG ways that cripples their operations.

Ok, this made me choke on my water.
Considering how often this issue pops up I'm not sure they know what a business continuity plan is.
And I can't say I know for sure but seeing the issues they are having, it's not DNS or CDN

Exactly. Their sites were awful even before they started dismantling them and redoing them for MDE.

The Disney web site has been poor since its inception. They won't pay their IT staff enough to attract top talent.

I don't know about that. DH has some former colleagues there and the head of my alumni association works there and as far as I know they are doing well.

You'd think they'd have a back up in place. I mean, how did they handle this all before? Clearly not well if there were issues like this going back to 2012, but there had to be a way before their "new" system.

When this happens it's when they are actively working on it. This isn't it breaking down, this is a result of them working.

I don't think anyone is faulting Disney for not making great efforts to get a faulty system back up and running. I think the outrage is when their faulty system does fail, it fails in BIG ways that cripples their operations.

See above.

Even though they have former amazonians working there they seem to refuse to do what amzn does and have a master site where the work and testing is done. It's a reason why Amazon is almost never broken, because they don't make the new pages live until they are done and working. Disney seems to do everything on the live site.

I really need to go to an alum meeting or commute with hubby so I can have a chat with his buddies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter