Anyone know when they will add more "good to go days?"

@gottalovepluto, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you couldn’t find the calendar, not that there were no days listed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Sorry! And I agree, they seem to only be doing them last minute when they expect lower crowds. Not the great advanced benefit we had hoped for.

@gottalovepluto, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you couldn’t find the calendar, not that there were no days listed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Sorry! And I agree, they seem to only be doing them last minute when they expect lower crowds. Not the great advanced benefit we had hoped for.
No worries! I just found it odd they hadn't been seen since Feb. But, if they're taking a really aggressive approach they might have just blocked out all of March and if they don't do it until right before you travel it's too early for post-Easter. Looks like the jury is still out on this "benefit"...

No worries! I just found it odd they hadn't been seen since Feb. But, if they're taking a really aggressive approach they might have just blocked out all of March and if they don't do it until right before you travel it's too early for post-Easter. Looks like the jury is still out on this "benefit"...

Actually there were a few in the first week March when we were there. But they were put in there very last minute.

Is it true that AP Holders are now the only ones who have to make park reservations. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm considering getting an AP for next year, and frankly, the need to make park reservations is my big hesitation. But how far ahead do you find the need to make them? If I don't decide until Thursday (for example) which park I want to go to Friday or Saturday, can I reserve then? When DH and I were there a couple years ago and tried to change park reservations a couple days beforehand, the park was already unavailable.

Is it true that AP Holders are now the only ones who have to make park reservations. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm considering getting an AP for next year, and frankly, the need to make park reservations is my big hesitation. But how far ahead do you find the need to make them? If I don't decide until Thursday (for example) which park I want to go to Friday or Saturday, can I reserve then? When DH and I were there a couple years ago and tried to change park reservations a couple days beforehand, the park was already unavailable.
Not the only ones - people with older tickets that are not date-based have to make Park Reservations.

I've never been blocked from going to the parks on my dates (I have the Incredipass). The only times things are "sold out" is during super busy times. I think that MK was blocked for a few days earlier this week but it makes sense with how busy it got. And I think May the 4th is blocked at HS. But you can start at another park and hop over.

It only takes 30 seconds to make a reservation and I personally don't find it to be a hassle.

@focusondisney posted the current calendar earlier, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/calendar/disney-incredi-pass/ as you can see unless you woke up this morning and wanted to rope drop MK or if May The 4th is on your DHS radar for rope-drop you're good to go. Remember there are no park hopping restrictions anymore so worst case is you check in at your reserved park and immediately hop to your desired park. If you want to travel over a holiday I'd snag the res to be safe but for now even for Easter every park is open.

Yes, it's stupid they still have it in place at all, no I wouldn't let it stop from getting an AP.

@focusondisney posted the current calendar earlier, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/calendar/disney-incredi-pass/ as you can see unless you woke up this morning and wanted to rope drop MK or if May The 4th is on your DHS radar for rope-drop you're good to go. Remember there are no park hopping restrictions anymore so worst case is you check in at your reserved park and immediately hop to your desired park. If you want to travel over a holiday I'd snag the res to be safe but for now even for Easter every park is open.

Yes, it's stupid they still have it in place at all, no I wouldn't let it stop from getting an AP.
Thanks! This information was very useful. I noted that although this weekend is Easter, traditionally a busy time, park reservations are still available at all parks.
And I hadn't thought of the park hopping part. I'm encouraged.

So I have a Pirate Pass, but I don't see the GTG days listed? We are going from 5/8-5/18......already have our park reservations, but just be nice not to have to worry about any last-minute changes while we are there, if we want to switch parks.

There are no current GTG days. There were some in February & in early March. The March ones were released very last minute, like a day or 2 before. So keep checking, even when you’re there. They will show up in that calendar when they are released.

Is it true that AP Holders are now the only ones who have to make park reservations.

Not the only ones - people with older tickets that are not date-based have to make Park Reservations.

Not just older tickets... Any tickets that are not date-based, even new ones (for example, Military Salute tickets) require a park reservation.

Convention tickets need APR’s too. This one caught my friend in March when it was busy negate they wanted to do DHS then Epcot, but booked Epcot to get VQ. .. couldn’t flip it back to DHS after booking Epcot due to no availability. (AP could switch, convention ticket could not) .. so they just did Epcot/DHS instead.

I have yet to run into any issue of not getting the first park I wanted during any of my trips since APR came about. I have also done the Epcot to book VQ, then flipped to another park a few times. We do a mix of onsite and offsite stays. Staying on property certainly makes it easier since we can book length of stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter