• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know what the current incentive is for buying SSR?

dis-happy

DIS Veteran
Friends are interested in buying in, but I couldn't tell them the details of current incentives or even what the price is. TIA!!! :sunny:

I think the current price is $101 for SSR directly from DVC but I'm not sure if they are offering any incentives right now for first time buyers.

They have lower dues then every where other then OKW I think. The points are good for 52 years. It was best for us because we can vacation at value times so we can pretty much stay where we want. But if they are limited to when they can travel they need to buy where they want to stay.

We decided to go with a resale, but looked into buying from Disney first. It was $101 per point with a $10 per point incentive that could be used toward your purchase in whatever way you prefer. :maleficen

Right now there is an incentive for DVC members who have friends call for info and do a phone tour of DVC or a actual tour there at Disney World. The DVC member gets a $50.00 gift card to use at Disney whether the friend buys or not. If your friends haven't called yet, you may want to take advantage of this offer. They need to go to call 866-382-3571 or go to dvcsecret.com and give your name and phone number. Every little bit helps so you might as well get something if they are interested!

I was also told $101/point and $10 back per point. A 150 point contract was running about $13000 with the incentive. There was no mention of closing costs but I have heard they are charging $200. I am not the far along in the process so you might want to double check on the closing cost---if any. I wish I had know about the $50 gift card--I would have reccomended someone off the disboards when I first started investigating with DVC.

Hopefully this isn't a double post.

I just bought my SSR contract, and am waiting for my fedex package.

The points are $101 per point. Closing costs are just over $200 (more than 2, but less than 210, I just don't remember exactly). They are offering either 1) $10 off per point, or 2) a matching number of builders points good for the current use year.

I bought 150 points, so my contract is $15,150. I used my Disney visa for the down payment, and it's 6 months same as cash. I took the matching builder points. My use year begins Dec 06, but the builders points are available at closing. IMO, the 150 points were worth more than the $1500 savings on the overall contract. I'm using them for "splurge" trips.

I don't know what the referral incentive is. My referring people haven't gotten it yet.

tkd lisa said:

The points are $101 per point. Closing costs are just over $200 (more than 2, but less than 210, I just don't remember exactly). They are offering either 1) $10 off per point, or 2) a matching number of builders points good for the current use year.

I bought 150 points, so my contract is $15,150. I used my Disney visa for the down payment, and it's 6 months same as cash. I took the matching builder points. My use year begins Dec 06, but the builders points are available at closing. IMO, the 150 points were worth more than the $1500 savings on the overall contract. I'm using them for "splurge" trips.

I don't know what the referral incentive is. My referring people haven't gotten it yet.

Hi Lisa,
Congrats on your DVC purchase and Welcome Home!
Have you relocated from MD? We have moved from VA to TX. Good to see you posting here. I mostly lurk.

I just called today to see what DVD was offering for comparision. SSR is $101/pt, with a $10 off per point incentive. If you buy over 50 points, you get one 1day/1park ticket per 25 points that you purchase. If you buy more than 130 pts., you receive two annual passes. (Now he didn't say if this was the premium annual pass or the regular annual pass, and I didn't think to ask until after I got off the phone.
Plus, he said they would back date the points (for a Feb. use year) so I could bank them, and prorate the dues.
AND he told me there would be no closing costs.
(He also mentioned that DVD was selling Vero Beach at $92/pt with a $5 off per point..I mentioned I was interested in the listing at TTS for VB, 200 pts. @$69.)
Hmmm..... :scratchin

When I got home, my fedex package was there. I wanted to add a freebie I wasn't expecting.

It was a VERY nice beach bag that says "I know the secret. Disney Vacation Club Member"

It zips at the top and has an inside zipper pocket, a spot for a cell phone and a water bottle. It's basically the very nice large sized LL Bean type tote bag.

Those bags are great! We have two; one from when we bought SSR, and another from when we bought HHI. You can fit a lot in, and they are really comfortable to carry on your shoulders when you are headed to the pool or the beach. I saw some even use it as a carry-on bag when I went to WDW in April.
Enjoy!

CMedley78 said:
Those bags are great! We have two; one from when we bought SSR, and another from when we bought HHI. You can fit a lot in, and they are really comfortable to carry on your shoulders when you are headed to the pool or the beach. I saw some even use it as a carry-on bag when I went to WDW in April.
Enjoy!
Did you buy a lot of points or just add on a few? We took the plunge and called into DVD to buy 65 more points and I'm wondering if I will get one too. I still have my blue and brown vinyl backpack and still use it all the time. One time at an airshow someone in line behind me said, "excuse me, what is the Disney Vacation Club?" Well, let me tell you....

We bought just 65 at HHI and received the bag. I was pleasantly surprised! I am thinking that even if you bought just 25 they would send you one.
Enjoy!

tkd lisa said:

We were just there last week and went to the SSR sales pitch...a great deal for us...our rep mentioned the $10 savings per point incentive but not the matching builders points. I think that when we go down in october for our "real" trip ( 8 days as opposed to two) we are going to go for it...160 points I think.
So with the matching points, we could get 160 extra points for this year starting usage at closing? Is this correct? Then we would get our purchased points on Dec '06 for next year's use as well? So, we can start with extra? For us, staying during a value time at 11 points a night would give us 15 extra nights...definitely worth giving up the $1600 incentive discount. Please let me know if my thinking is right so I can pass on our choice to our rep when I talk to her again. :thumbsup2

This is a few days after your posts, but we just purchased SSR, 200 pts, per year and got the $10.00 off per point and the annual passes. We were offered the 10.00 off or the builders points as incentives.

Awaiting FedEx package which are supposed to be here tomorrow.

Can't wait to start using our wonderful plan. Looking forward to posting here and reading as much as I can while I work also. I am learning so much by reading your posts.

Vickie :wizard:

Scraper said:
They have lower dues then every where other then OKW I think. The points are good for 52 years. It was best for us because we can vacation at value times so we can pretty much stay where we want. But if they are limited to when they can travel they need to buy where they want to stay.

SSR does have the lowest annual fees of all DVC resorts - at $3.98 per point, SSR is the only DVC resort with annual fees below $4 (OKW is $4.24). All DVC resorts except SSR will end on January 31, 2042 while SSR will end on January 31, 2054 (47+ years away).

michvin said:
We were just there last week and went to the SSR sales pitch...a great deal for us...our rep mentioned the $10 savings per point incentive but not the matching builders points. I think that when we go down in october for our "real" trip ( 8 days as opposed to two) we are going to go for it...160 points I think.
So with the matching points, we could get 160 extra points for this year starting usage at closing? Is this correct? Then we would get our purchased points on Dec '06 for next year's use as well? So, we can start with extra? For us, staying during a value time at 11 points a night would give us 15 extra nights...definitely worth giving up the $1600 incentive discount. Please let me know if my thinking is right so I can pass on our choice to our rep when I talk to her again. :thumbsup2

The incentives can change at any time. My guide told me that the builders points was primarily because they were selling a "not yet completed" building and they wanted to offer you an option where you could actually use your membership immediately. He said that if I waited into September, it would be possible that they would change that matching points incentive since the building was expected to complete by October. Obviously, there's no guarantee that the incentive is going to change, but I was ready to buy anyway.

And yes, I thought the matching points was a pretty good deal, because I usually do studio stays in the lower season timeframes too!

goaliewife said:
This is a few days after your posts, but we just purchased SSR, 200 pts, per year and got the $10.00 off per point and the annual passes. We were offered the 10.00 off or the builders points as incentives.

Awaiting FedEx package which are supposed to be here tomorrow.

Can't wait to start using our wonderful plan. Looking forward to posting here and reading as much as I can while I work also. I am learning so much by reading your posts.

Vickie :wizard:

I notice you said you received annual passes as well as the $10 incentive. Was your purchase an add-on or a new membership? Is there a minimum point purchase required to receive the passes and how many passes do you receive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter