Anyone know Mears taxi cab fare from Port Orleans Riverside to Universal?

jonw

Mouseketeer
Being a family of five we're planning on taking a Mears taxi from POR to Universal. I've read where people estimate its about $35 each way. Is it actually that? or higher? (The other thread from the airport is making me nervous.)

if you plan to take a taxi, go when it is not during rush hour time periods.

with taxi transportation, you pay for the time you are in the vehicle plus the mileage.

get stuck on the toll road at a congested time, it will cost you more.

many get the taxi from downtown disney as it will shave off some of the costs for you.
take the bus there to dtd and save some $.

i use car service when i leave the motherland hotels going to the darkside.

rt can cost $85 for a family of 5, depending on which car service company you use.

My daughter and I took a taxi to and from the Poly to the Citywalk complex. We left at 7:50am on a Thursday, no traffic on the way there. It took about 15 minutes, and it cost $45. We left around 2:30, once again, no traffic, and it took about 15 minutes and cost $43.

I think the best deal is to go through Dreams Unlimited and get your park passes with free Mears transfers, that cab ride was a killer.

My daughter and I took a taxi to and from the Poly to the Citywalk complex. We left at 7:50am on a Thursday, no traffic on the way there. It took about 15 minutes, and it cost $45. We left around 2:30, once again, no traffic, and it took about 15 minutes and cost $43.

I think the best deal is to go through Dreams Unlimited and get your park passes with free Mears transfers, that cab ride was a killer.

I did the DU ticket with Mears Transfer for my October 12th visit and it worked really well. But I did buy the ticket in September, and the transfer expired November 5. I don't know if there's a set limit on the expiration for this ticket, or if it expires XX amount of days after purchase. I think that's a question for DU before you purchase.

where is the taxi stand at each park? i will probably use taxi every evening back to resort ...to avoid. crowds & long line for bus. THANKS

where is the taxi stand at each park? i will probably use taxi every evening back to resort ...to avoid. crowds & long line for bus. THANKS
The taxi stands are on the ground level at the main hub of the parking garage complex. There are no taxi stands at either Universal park.

I just need to know which way to go when exciting the parks to find a taxi. I know it is to the left at ak. I know you
have to go to ttc at mk. What about epcot and hs? I have done before but not sure if any changes. Thanks.

I just need to know which way to go when exciting the parks to find a taxi. I know it is to the left at ak. I know you
have to go to ttc at mk. What about epcot and hs? I have done before but not sure if any changes. Thanks.

you might want to post this in the transportation forum as it is about disney transportation.

we are talking about the transportation to universal.

i'm assuming you are needing info for taxis within wdw.

Yes, sorry about that. I just googled taxi's at Disney and this came up. I didn't even notice it said Universal. I just saw Port Orleans. I did move it to transportation. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter