Anyone Know Las Vegas? DS needs input! TIA

Sandy321

<font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do
DS is getting married Jan 24, and found a great deal to stay at MGM Grand. He is now in the process of making dining reservations - and would appreciate any input anyone could give! (he basically used ZAGAT and I sent him a link of a LV Message board)

1. Pamplemousse
2. Wolf Gang Puck Express
3. Pinot Brassier
4. Chinois
5. Lotus Siam (he read they have $10 steaks - its a Thai place)

His fiance loves good Mexican food (her Godmother is from Mexico, and spent a lot of time with them ) oh, and she also loves and wants a good Sushi rec!

They are not gamblers, and I dont think they are planning on renting a car. They just want to get away from here!

Thanks
Sandy

DH and I got married in Vegas in May...

There is a restaurant in St. Mark's Square at the Canal Shoppes at the Ventian.. it's called ... hm. Canaletto or something to that effect? I'll see if I can find it.

Anyway, to eat on the "patio" and watch the people in the courtyard and the gondola's going by was awesome.. and the food was spectacular, too!!

Found it. This is what I got:

"The restaurant's architecture is as remarkable as its food with 16-foot ceilings rising above polished hardwood floors and a glorious exhibition kitchen. Luxurious booths envelop diners in intimate privacy. Upstairs, five distinct private rooms, for groups as small as six or as large as 175 - offer breathtaking views of the Grand Canal and gondolas passing below. Created by the founders of the Il Fornaio restaurants, Canaletto is quite simply the quintessential Venetian dining experience."

DS is getting married Jan 24, and found a great deal to stay at MGM Grand. He is now in the process of making dining reservations - and would appreciate any input anyone could give! (he basically used ZAGAT and I sent him a link of a LV Message board)

1. Pamplemousse
2. Wolf Gang Puck Express
3. Pinot Brassier
4. Chinois
5. Lotus Siam (he read they have $10 steaks - its a Thai place)

His fiance loves good Mexican food (her Godmother is from Mexico, and spent a lot of time with them ) oh, and she also loves and wants a good Sushi rec!

They are not gamblers, and I dont think they are planning on renting a car. They just want to get away from here!

Thanks
Sandy

Koi at Planet Hollywood has the best sushi I've ever eaten but it's fairly pricey!

Congrats on their marriage!

PAMPLEMOUSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to a wedding 6 years ago in Las Vegas, and the wedding dinner was at Le Pamplemousse, and it is still the best meal I have ever eaten. It is off the strip, almost in an residential type neighborhood.

We found the owner/chef and his son to be delightful hosts, and they were also kind enough to share a couple of recipes with me as well.

It has also been voted "Most Romantic Restaurant in Las Vegas" a time or two.

Thanks so much for responding - I'm taking notes!!

of course it sounds so good, I want to go!! I thought the Venetian had a restaurant!!

I grew up in Vegas and go often, but I usually eat at places off the strip.

If they like Vietnamese - they have a great place called Pho's at the Treasure Island - I love the Bun (Rice Vermicelli) -yummo.

We really enjoy Smith and Wollenski and have made it a point to eat there when we are in Vegas. However, last time my DH went on business he ate at Emeril's Delmonico and said this was even better. However, both are $$$$.

i got married a month ago at the MGM Grand! anyways one night we went out to find sushi but couldn't find anything that wasn't $$$$$$ we really enjoy Mesa Grill at Ceaser's.

We had our reception at Wolfgang Puck's in the MGM and it was very good!

other good places - Hofbrauhaus - good german food and beer. I'm told Ellis island has a good BBQ deal and they have their own micro brewery with $1 beers.

it really all depends on their budget but there are soooo many good places around the strip. Since they're at the MGM they should go across the street to NYNY and check out 9 fine irishmen. feel free to PM me and i can give any advice i have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter