Anyone know how to make "scenery" out of raw veggies??

curlyjbs

My heart belongs to the beach
Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I Went to a party a few years ago and one of the appetizers was an island with palm trees etc. made from raw veggies. It was beautiful. Would love to try and make one.

Anyone familiar with this?

~connie

When we went on our cruise in November, the midnight buffet featured alot of flowers, "trees" and animals made out of food. I thought the celery sticks looked really cute and really looked like a palm tree.....or maybe that was b/c it was after midnight and 2 Pina Coladas later?! :rotfl2: I know roses are made out of radishes. If you've been on a cruise before where they had a midnight buffet, look at your pictures and try to get ideas from there. I think it's amazing what they can do w/raw veggies!!

Good Luck!!
Karen

You can use a potato cut in half, place the potato flat side down on your surface. Make sure to cut the potato so the flat surface is the widest part of the potato. For the trunk of the use a peeled carrot. Stick this onto the middle of the potato with a toothpick. For the leaves cut a green bell peper in the middle cut it with a zig zag pattern to it cut it around the middle part, don't cut through the bottom or where the stem would be. Stick this on top of the carrot attach it with a toothpick.

I also found instructions here with pictures they actually attach 2 together with a hammock they made.

Becky

I have seen and made green onion trees (you just cut off the dark green part and then cut the remaining light green and white part length wise) and you can peel a tomato and make little roses from the skin (this was harder). I think if I remember right I got these from Martha Stewart's book on appetizers-- I would check that book out from the library if you have access!
good luck- jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter