• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know anything about stamps?

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
About 10 yrs ago, my brother bought a stamp album at a yard sale. There are tons of stamps in the book. Some of them are old, but who knows if they are worth anything? The Russian and Chinese stamps are very prerry.

It looks like the last entries were mid 70's.

So, my question is for all you stamp collectors what are my options with the book? Are there any good websites to learn about these stamps? I looked on ebay and that in itself is overwhelming.

There are countries I have never of? Gabon, Fujera.. it's certainly a geography lesson. ::yes::

How are the stamps attached to the pages in the album? If they are just pasted onto each page, then you have a pretty album, but, the stamps are unlikely to be worth anything.

But, if the stamps are placed in a plastic sleeve, and the sleeve is attached somehow to the page, then some of the stamps might be worth something.

The best source for finding out how much each stamp is worth is "The Scott Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue" aka "The Scott Catalogue." A multi-volume annual which comes out every year, it seemingly lists every stamp, by country, ever created, along with its value, if any. One should be available at your local library.

Your local library should also be a good source to find out more about the stamps you have. Just look under the subject "Postage-stamps" in the library's catalog.

And stamps can be a good way to teach children about geography.

for the reference book. I'll check our local library. The stamps are not pasted entirely, but are attached with those hinges that have glue on them. Does that make sense? I know what those plastic sleeves are, and they are not in those.

My kids love to look at the stamps - hey, I love looking at them!

Have a great night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter