anyone know any prepaid wireless comparison sites

battricia

<font color=FF00CC>From the home of the Peeps and
I currently have verizon. I like it fine, the coverage is great, however i've had the phone for over 3 years, and I believe it is starting to die (turns off for no reason). i want to get a new phone but they're selling from 100 - 250 with this 'plan'. :guilty: I was at the store ready to purchase a new plan by tmobile when the guy told me their prepaid doesn't have ROAMING! Which means if you're not in their area you get NO service at all. That doesn't help me considering the phone is mostly used for emergencies, or times when I am away from home, and the coverage map is not that great. So I'm trying to get some comparisons of plans to see what i should do. It's a shame they only offer you a 'deal' on phones if you sign a contract. Especially since i've been using verizons service for well over 3 years now. Anyway if anyone has any experience w/ a service, or knows of good comparison websites please let me know! Thanks.

tricia.

I had seriously considered the T-mobile prepay until the rep told me about no roaming. That is a problem as my family lives in a fairly rural area that does not seem to be covered by t-mobile.

Thank you for the cellular guru site!

tricia.

Consumer reports had an issue about this about a month or 2 ago. You can get a monthly subscribe to their site for little money. They are not paid by any advertisers so I usually trust their tests for all my purchases.

Good luck. We have TMobile (not prepaid) and I have never paid roaming or long distance.

Hi I had Verizon and was paying $40 a month. In Feb I got a Tracphone and I love it. Works everywhere or better than Verizon BUT I do not use the phone alot. You buy prepaid phone cards and only pay for what you use. Go check out the phones in your area at www.Tracphone.com I got the reconditioned one (it was like new) with 100 free minutes. If you decide to go that way I can send you a referral and if you order thur the link you can get 100 free minutes too. This phone is good only if you don't use it alot. PM me if you have any questions. Carol :earsgirl:

Check out Virgin Mobile. We only use our cell phones for quick calls or emergencies, so a prepaid phone works great for us. They have several different payment options, the cheapest of which only costs $15 every 90 days. My DH and I both have them and it only costs us $10 a month for both. Their rates are .25/min for the first 10 minutes a day, then .10/min afterwards. There's no roaming charges.

The only drawback is coverage area. If you're in a rural area, it probably won't work for you.

I use Boost Mobile prepaid. I like it alot, but I don't use my phone too much. I've never had a problem with coverage. It uses the Nextel network. There's no roaming charges or anything. It's 25 cents a minute during the day and 10 cents on nights and weekends. You can also use the walkie talkie function to talk to other Boost Mobile and Nextel users. That costs $1.50 for each day you use it. I've never used that function though. I've also heard Virgin Mobile is pretty good as a prepaid plan.

My husband and I have a Cingular family plan, but because my 15 year old son likes to text message a little too much (and costing us overages every month), we ended up getting him a pre-paid tracphone. It was the biggest mistake I ever made! I put 100 minutes on it and while he was with his 17 year old friend 15 miles away in another state, the car broke down and he had to call home several times. It used almost ALL of his minutes because it was roaming. I ended up tossing the thing and getting him a Go Phone from cingular and it was the best choice I could have made. The tracphones look like a good deal on the surface, but they are actually unbelievably expensive when you use them in real world situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter