Anyone know about personalized Mickey ears or character meals with no reservations?

disneyplease

Earning My Ears
My first trip begins Friday :woohoo: and I have failed to find the answers to a couple of questions.

1st-My sister's family each has a set of Mickey ears personalized with their names from a couple of years ago. She says that only one place writes your name and it's free, but she can't remember where. She thinks it might have been in MK. Anyone know where or if they still do this?

2nd- When I began planning this months ago we were on a very strict budget, but God is good and we are expecting some extra cash the day before we leave. My daughter would give her right kidney to eat with the princesses, but that was financially not feasible until now. I know, I know 180 days ago they were filled, but the same sister from question 1 says she saw people waiting in line at the castle that she bypassed (she had reservations). Is there a line you can wait in to be seated or do you HAVE to have reservations?

There is a shop on Main Street that engraves Mickey hats for free...The Chapeau I believe. There is Days of Christmas shop at Downtown Disney that does engraving and one at MGM as well.

There are a few princess meals that you might be able to get into...Princess Storybook in Epcot and Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridan).

Cinderella Royal Table has breakfast, lunch and dinner Princess meals inside Cinderella Castle. We had an ADR for 9:55am and did have to wait for at least 45 minutes inside after checking in at the outside host station.

Have a great trip!

I would think Park Fare would be your best option to get Princesses. Since it is not in one of the parks, we have noticed that it gets overlooked alot.

You may have to pay for your name to be embroidered now. They do have a sign in the hat shop that states a charge for names. It was about 2.50 per hat. I bought a graduation hat with Mickey ears and had to pay for the name. You could go ahead and call to get an ADR for a princess meal. As long as it is not for the castle, you won't have to pay until your meal. You could try for the princess meal at Norway in Epcot.

I would call Disney dining right now and keep trying to call up until you leave. Hopefully a spot will open at one of the meals. People who have reservations at Cindy's need to cancel their reservations 48 hours in advance or pay a fee. A few years ago I got very lucky and called one MK morning and got a lunch seating at Cindy's for the same day. Good luck! By the way, I am leaving for Disney on Friday as well! Have a great trip.

We have gotten into CRT breakfast without reservations 3 times. We would show up right when they open. Sometimes people take an early reservation because that is all thats left, then they over sleep or something. Sometimes we have had to wait about 20 minutes to see if someone was a no-show but we got in every time we asked.

I would still try for a reservation though. Good luck! :thumbsup2

You've gotten lots of good advice here; I just wanted to add a good luck! I'm sure your little princess will love it!

I saw go for the Princess Breakfast in Norway, Epcot. It will give you the most bang for your buck Princesswise.

You do have to pay for your names on the hats now..I think it started last year sometime.

Either way have a great trip!!!

Good Ol Gal said:
I saw go for the Princess Breakfast in Norway, Epcot. It will give you the most bang for your buck Princesswise.

You do have to pay for your names on the hats now..I think it started last year sometime.

Either way have a great trip!!!

Wow, I'm shocked that you have to pay for the names on hats. We were there in October and bought our hats where they doing the writing and it was still free. That's a bummer. :(

Thanks everyone for the great tips. :goodvibes I will keep calling in hopes that someone cancels. I will also expand the possibilities by looking elsewhere than the castle.
I am kind of depressed about the hats, but at least I know that more than one place writes them, even if I do have to pay for it.

Thanks!

If you are staying at a Disney resort...don't forget to ask Concierge for help. They might be able to help you with a ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter