Anyone know a character?

MyPrinceWillCome

Mouseketeer
I found out today that a co-worker of mine was Jasmine for four years at Disney World. I'm kind of in awe of her now and also kind of jealous!

Apparently she went to do the WDW college program and work in merchandising. At one of her first classes, they were "scouting" for characters, they liked her look and the fact she had a dance background and wanted to fit her to be either Jasmine or Pocahontas.

Just thought it was kind of cool! :cool1:

Does anyone else know a character in real life?

A friend from college is a character at WDW. She mostly is the Evil Queen from Snow White but also is the Stepmother from Cinderella and Maleficent.

One of my dearest (and oldest) friends was a Tigger. The sad part was that I didn't know it at the time. We went to colleges on different coasts and lost touch for a few years. Very jealous - I think it would be amazing to be a CM of any sort, let alone the happy, bouncy kind - and I keep kicking myself for not ever thinking of applying to the CP back in my younger days.

I found out today that a co-worker of mine was Jasmine for four years at Disney World. I'm kind of in awe of her now and also kind of jealous!

Apparently she went to do the WDW college program and work in merchandising. At one of her first classes, they were "scouting" for characters, they liked her look and the fact she had a dance background and wanted to fit her to be either Jasmine or Pocahontas.

Just thought it was kind of cool! :cool1:

Does anyone else know a character in real life?

My sister in law played both Chip and Dale.

Maybe...
I have a beautiful cousin who worked at WDW for a while, but I hadn't known that. I was with DD (then 4?) when I found out. I asked her what job she had held, and she totally skirted the issue, leaving me wondering whether she didn't want to discuss it because of some personal bad memories or perhaps she didn't want to spoil the magic when a small child was standing right there.
So now I'm afraid to bring it up again! :confused3

I have a friend who played tigger at Disneyland. He also occasionally played woody and goofy. Always has good stories

A friend from high school is currently tinkerbell or alice in wonderland at WDW. She fits the parts so well. I hope she is still there when we go in January.

My Nephew used to perform at Disneyland but has been at WDW since last January. He played many characters at first but is now mostly a dancer in Festival of the Lion King. I couldn't be more proud. He still does other performances as well.

Last year we got to see him as a dancing cowboy in Boo to You and in FOTLK! pixiedust: We braved a lot of rain that night so we could see him dancing down Main Street, USA!

I'm very happy that he's following his dream but we miss seeing him perform at Disneyland. He was mostly in the parades at DLR including The Electrical Parade and of course the Christmas one. :grouphug:

My manfriend (we're too old for the boyfriend/girlfriend thing) was "friends" with Prince Charming back in the mid 80's for over 10 years. He also fit the height requirement for Goofy, Tigger, and The Queen of Hearts (which means he plays those characters too). He has great stories of Disney"back I the day." Incidentally, another friend of mind was also "friends" with Prince Charming an Aladdin.

My wife's sister has a close friend who was Cinderella. We have a wonderful pair of pictures of our then three-year-old daughter meeting Cinderella and then later having dinner with our friend.

To this day (she's now 9), she hasn't figured it out.

Magical.

A girl that works at my son's preschool supposedly is Chip and Dale. We live about 2 hours away and she sometimes does it on the weekend.

I know someone that is friends with Cinderella, Tinkerbell, and another fairy (can't keep them all straight) for both meet and greets and parades.

A woman who comes in to my work was Snow White. She was admiring my Snow White tattoo and told me she used to be her in Disney world lol I got way to excited '

I have a friend that was in the college program and she played Ariel and Kim impossible, as well as full costumed characters like Winnie the Pooh and Perla the mouse from Cinderella. She loved every moment of it so is so theatrical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter