Anyone just back?

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Thinking of going to WDW next June - maybe the second week right when school gets out. How are the crowds/weather etc.??

We were there from June 2 - 16. It was getting pretty crowded by the end - started off not too bad. It was in the mid 90s while we were there - the last day we went back to our room 3 times to take showers from sweating so much. Disney is so wonderful about having plenty of places to get in some air conditioning - esp in Epcot. Plan a lot - find out the recommended park for each day. Take in plenty of water. We had such a magical time and can't wait to go back.

We were there 7-21 and the crowds were better than I expected. I had read on here that they would be awful, but we didn't wait more than 20 min for anything. The weather was hot and humid, but as group we all managed it. I thought this would be our biggest downfall as we hail from thr wet and cold UK and a few of us are very pale and usually suffer in the sun. We drank a lot of water, and made use of the mist and water sprays in all but MK (why doesn't the MK have the spray? :confused3). We stayed all day from morning until night, although not early mornings, and very little late nights, (we averaged 9am - 7.30pm) but we had a couple of pool days too.

We were in the parks from June 4th - 10th. It was hot but the heat was really no problem for us. We just brought a lot of frozen water bottles with us and expected the heat. Disney has lots of places to get out of the sun.

The crowds were not that bad except for our day at Hollywood Studios. That was a crowded nightmare for Fantasmic. It is really hard to get in HS at this time of the year due to the Star Wars Weekends. I have hard that they are bringing Fantasmic back as an every night show and that might help the crowds there.

I would not hesitate to go back at the same time of the year. We just used touring plans in the morning and got there at rope drop. It was a blast!

We just got back yesterday! We were there 17-25. The crowds were really not bad. The weather was hot, but we lucked out with rain. None at all until the 24th...that was a huge downpour! Parts of epcot walkways were flooded and we had to take different paths cuz the water would have been up to our knees. It was our last night, and actually fun walking around w/it, cuz it was hot. Temps all week were in the 90s. For rides, as long as we got to the park early, went on rides and got fastpasses for evening we were good. The EMH at Typhoon lagoon in the morning were great! Otherwise, we tended to stay away from EMH and that worked well for us. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I would definitely go again this time, and it was much better for us than the end of July that we did last year.

Wow, it doesn't sound too bad. How were the crowds at the waterparks? That's where we will spend most days!

We were there June 13-20. I didn't think the crowds were too bad! We watched the wait times on the UT app and got fast passes, etc. I don't think we waited more than 20-30 minutes for anything. We went to both waterparks (our first time) and due to much needed sleeping in, we didn't get to either one before noon. By that time, finding chairs was a little tough...BB was worse than TL. The wait for the big slides were in the 20-30 min range. It was mid 90s the whole time with thunderstorms on a couple days, late afternoon. Overall it was great! We usually go the week prior in June (to beat the crowds!) but this year the kids got out late because of snow days! I do think it was less crowded earlier in June, the last couple years when we went at that time.
Happy planning! :goodvibes

We went the 14th-22nd and were pleasantly surprised. We thought for sure the crowds would be miserable but as long as you got there at rope drop and used the FPs it was great! We wouldn't hesitate going again that time of year, in fact we wound up buying AP before we left!! It was getting noticeably more crowded starting the 20th but still doable....NOW, the HEAT was crazy but that was expected and we dealt with that too. Being from Chicago it was almost welcomed since we haven't had a summer here yet.

We were there June 11-19th. On Monday the 13th crowds were AWFUL. We went to the TTC and saw the lines for the ferry and monorail (probably close o an hour wait just to get on one) and turned right back around to our car and went to DHS. Other days the crowds weren't TOO bad-but still I would say a crowd level of 8. If you can only go when school is out then this time is not too bad. It is SO HOT! REALLY, really hot. So plan to spend considerable time by the pool. I think this year's crowds were messed up due to all the snow days up north so next year might not be comparable. Next year I think we will try to go earlier.

At TL, as I said we did EMH so we took a cab and got there at 7:45. Not much of a line, but it did get longer before the 8am opening. We went to Crush n Gusher twice in a row, once we got our locker and chairs. Went to the inner tube slides (all 3) and did all of those. Went to wave pool, did lazy river twice, stopped and had donuts, back to wave pool, and we were done by 11am. We really never had more than a 5 min wait, but we tried to do the big items first to avoid any lines. We were w/younger kids so we didn't do the huge slides either.

We were there the 9th through the 18th. It was hot- we went back to the Resort for a swim and naps when it began to get "unbearable". It rained a couple of days, but not all day. The crowds were much better than I expected. With a little strategic planning and the use of FastPass, we didn't wait for much of anything. Our longest waits were for Rapunzel and Dumbo (about 20 minutes but the kids HAD to ride it then).

We used to go (up until our trip last summer) right when school got out too (we're in Wisconsin) as dh is a teacher. Crowds were pretty heavy - I know that a lot of FL schools get out at the end of May. We switched it up last summer and went in early August instead. Honestly, it was still just as crowded, but we LOVED it and enjoyed it more than June. After thinking about it, I think it was because:

1. While it was sizzling hot, we were more used to the heat after enduring it all summer at home (where when we went in June, it was more of a shock to our systems because we'd been living in early spring.)
2. We already had all of our summer clothes since we'd needed them all summer at home. When we had went in June, we really didn't have summer clothes for the kids yet and wound up buying them all at once - especially tank tops and swimsuits.
3. It was like a last hurrah of summer!

We're going again this August and hope to have the same great experience!

Whatever you choose, have a great trip!

We were there from May 28th through the 10th (school got out a little early)

Even with Memorial Day, it wasn't that crowded.

Things were getting a little busy when we left on the 10th.

Stay away from MK on the weekends and Monday.

We were there June 10-20. It was pretty crowded the whole time, but we found it managable by planning well, using FP, getting there early and going back for a break mid-day, and avoiding all EMH parks. We did both BB and TL and they weren't bad: BB we went late afternoon and a lot of people had left, TL we went at park opening and it was great through noon.

It was extremely hot! We manage with the breaks. I think we'd have the stamina to go all day if it wasn't for the heat. We had a few days of rain, some nasty storms, but not much. I wished there was more rain! I love rain at WDW in the summer! Rain doesn't seem to clear out the parks like it used to--it just funnels everyone to the inside rides.

Wow, it doesn't sound too bad. How were the crowds at the waterparks? That's where we will spend most days!

We were there June 18-26th and spent a couple of days at the waterparks. At TL, ride the family raft ride and Crusher Gusher first, those seemed to have the longest waits. The raft ride was a let down, so you may not want to even bother.

AT BB, ride the family raft ride, (much better, great ride), and the two big mountains. I would also try to get in Down Hill Double Dipper.

Get there early, leave when it gets crowded, and go to another park later than evening, if you have enough visits. That's what my family did and it worked for us.

We were just there June 18-25.

We've done this week/time before. Have also done July a few times. (I've done non-summer, but DH is a teacher, so he can't.)

I thought the crowds were heavier than I've seen during that week in the past. I'd put them at a solid 8 most days. That doesn't mean we ever waited in long lines though. We're seasoned Disney vets and know how to use FP and know which rides to do when.

There were also record highs. 97-99 degrees most days. (This happened to us last July too!) Look, I can put up with the heat, but not when the heat index is over 105-110 every day. I still remember our Disney honeymoon ten years ago in June and it was in the 80's - it was VERY manageable.

So that was my overall assessment.

I have mixed felings on going in June. It was more crowded than Im use to and both guests and CM were not as nice as we usually experience BUT we arrived at rope drop and were able to do so much in the MK before lunch. We ate early to avoid crowds and took swim breaks so it was ok but we are use to going in the fall and the whole experience just seemed different to us. Again using FP and going at rope drop proved very helpful. Also it rained every day, even hailed once and it wasnt the 10 min rain and then the sun came out it was storms..

I just got back from a June 17-26 trip and it was great! We have done June a few times before and we all commented that this past trip was waay less crowded than we ever had before. I dont know what it was, but we never waited longer than 15-20 mins (if we even waited that long) and didnt have much trouble navigating walkways, even with a stroller in tow. It was super duper hot most days, but the evenings cooled down enough that I was able to comfotable wear my son in a carrier without both of us sweating to death, so that was good enough for us considering Florida in June!
We usually hit the parks a little after opening, so not completely rope drop, but not too late and were able to grab fast passes and hit the big rides early without waits. Lines got longer as the days went on, but if you can get up and get there early, you should be able to do everything you want!

We were there 6/17 - 6/25, our first ever Summer trip. I thought the crowds were comparable to our trips in November and December. I felt the high temps dictated our touring plans more than I would like or am use to. We did get to the parks at opening and took advantage of fastpass, but I couldn't help feeling like we played beat the heat all week long. By 1:00 in the afternoon the heat would really start getting the best of us. We took afternoon breaks and went back in the evening. We saw many crying babies and kids, obvioulsy hot and uncomfortable, understandably, and way to many parents who showed no patience or compassion for the situation. All in all it was a great vacation, but not quite as enjoyable as going in the Fall.

Whatever you decide, have a good plan and don't let the little bumps in the road that inevitably happen take away from the magic that is Disney. :cheer2:

Just returned from our stay June 21 - 26. It was 102 degrees the first 3 days then in the 90s with rain. Went to Epcot and Magic Kingdom the 24th. Got there just as epcot opened at 9 went right for the fastpass for Soarin which was between 1115 and 1215. walked over to mission space, only 10 minutes for the chicken line as i like to call it! ( i cant do the original!)
Had no real lines or waits that day.
Went to the Magic Kingdom that night, was so happy to see the Main street electrical parade again! Very crowded but it poured so alot of people left. went on haunted mansion, pirates of the caribbean, buzz lightyear with no problem
Next day was Hollywood studios, again got the fast pass for rock and roller coaster, was an 80 minute wait if you didnt. lucklly had reservations for the sci fi diner ( i highly recommend reservations at any park you go to!)
went to see indiana jones and they only had half of the show due to rain.
Im glad i didnt go into the parks the first few days i was there with the temp over 100, i would much rather walk around in the rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter