Anyone in Parks now? Daughter there lost wallet

My daughter just called. CM knocked on the door a few minutes ago had her wallet! Everything is still inside (including the cash). He told them that someone turned it in at the front desk. Unfortunately, no word who the angel was who returned it, so we can't thank them personally. Will just have to pay the act of kindness forward the next time we are in the situation to do so.

Didn't talk to her for long, but I'm guessing the room key (which was in the wallet) must say Boardwalk Villas on it (can't remember if they say the name of the resort) and that's how they knew where to bring it... I'll have to ask her in the morning.

You all were right about pixie dust making people behave the way we all should behave every day.

Thanks again for the helpful info and good thoughts!

AWESOME!!! So happy for her!

Too bad no information on the person who returned it.

Yay! I love a fairytale ending and I LOVE hearing that people did the right thing!

Great news!! I am thrilled for you and your daughter that the story has a happy ending. Hope she enjoys the rest of her stay and has a safe trip home.

My daughter just called. CM knocked on the door a few minutes ago had her wallet! Everything is still inside (including the cash). He told them that someone turned it in at the front desk. Unfortunately, no word who the angel was who returned it, so we can't thank them personally. Will just have to pay the act of kindness forward the next time we are in the situation to do so.

Didn't talk to her for long, but I'm guessing the room key (which was in the wallet) must say Boardwalk Villas on it (can't remember if they say the name of the resort) and that's how they knew where to bring it... I'll have to ask her in the morning.

You all were right about pixie dust making people behave the way we all should behave every day.

I am so so so happy to read this!!! :cheer2:

So happy for her. :goodvibes It is amazing the nice honest people out there. Hope she enjoys her last day!

My daughter just called. CM knocked on the door a few minutes ago had her wallet! Everything is still inside (including the cash). He told them that someone turned it in at the front desk. Unfortunately, no word who the angel was who returned it, so we can't thank them personally. Will just have to pay the act of kindness forward the next time we are in the situation to do so.......
:wizard: :thumbsup2 :cloud9:

Wonderful!
Aren't most people great? We don't get to hear the positive outcomes nearly enough...thanks for sharing!

I'm so pleased that your daughter's wallet was returned safely - it's heartening to learn that there are honest and kind people in this world still :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter found her wallet. Like others have said, I appreciate the update!

I lost a new camcorder near the end of the first day of our family vacation at WDW in Animal Kingdom last November. :confused3 I was so worried, I felt awful that it happened, and I know that it strained my family to think that we could have misplaced such an expensive item (I had left it on the Safari). I remember rushing to Guest Relations several times during evening EMH to see if it had been turned in, to no avail. Let me just say that it is not fun to anxiously walk around AK in the night ... I can't imagine losing a child for even a moment in the parks, day or night, let alone how I felt when I lost this camcorder.

I called Disney's L&F once a day, for a couple days, then every other day after that; I would be on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time, after which they took down my description, but this didn't lead anywhere. It seemed like we wouldn't get our camcorder back.

An Epcot CM heard our story during the trip; he laughed a bit, and said that we shouldn't lose hope altogether -- he had lost his passport and travel papers in the parks (as a guest), TWICE, and they had been returned to him both times. It was a nice relief to hear his story at the time.

The second to last day of our vacation, I called L&F again, and for some reason, I remembered to tell them about the last thing that I had filmed on the camcorder: the Christmas version of the "Jammin' Jungle Parade" at AK!

A very helpful CM went to check the camcorders on the shelf, and lo and behold, she found it! I was describing the color of the camcorder's case wrong before, and they obviously couldn't turn over the item if any part of the item's description was incorrect or if they were unsure... :cool2: Thank goodness that I had recorded something on the tape.

I was told to go to The Kennel at the Magic Kingdom monorail/ TTC area to pick it up, which is the official Lost and Found for the Disney Theme Parks. Everything was in the camcorder case; nothing was missing or broken. After this experience, I highly recommend taking a picture of expensive belongings, even a Photopass number off a card with a lot of pictures on it, or record the way your camera looks onto your camcorder, etc., if you plan to take these items in the parks for days at a time.

If anything, it helps to believe in the good of other Disney guests! :goodvibes

Ok, don't you hate that this young girls are carrying those small vera bradley wallets without them being in purses. I have told my daughter a 1,000 times that is not a good idea! Maybe she will listen to me now. Sorry for you having to go thru all that hastle!

Congats to your DD in finding her wallet.

We have found most guests to be honest at WDW.

My DH left his camera on the Buzz Light Year ride a few years back.
He did not notice it till we were in Frontierland.
We back tracked to all the rides we had been on (and looked around the pathways too) - when we got back to Buzz, the CM had the camera.
My DH just had to describe it to the CM.

Now we leave business size cards, with our home address, the dates of our vacation and resort name, and our cell phone #'s on them, in every bag, camera case, backpacks we carry in to parks. We have he cards and so do our kids.
We also write in marker our last names on our camera's. The kids write their initials on their ipods and digital camera's.

my DD lost a special hat that is no longer sold in WDW... went to the TTC lost and found a couple days later... and there it was!

Gotta love the WORLD!

This time, the vera bradley wallet was in her backpack (one she's carried on 5 or 6 Disney trips) and she thinks what happened is that she took it out at lunch, and dropped it when she picked up her tray. So this time it wasn't carrying it loose that did her in.

Your happy ending reinforces my faith in the human race. I believe that most people would turn in a lost item intact, and I am so glad that the person that found your daughter's wallet was a wonderful, honest person. I remember I found a wallet in the parking lot of a Kroger grocery store, just lying on the ground by the drivers side of the car. I never even looked inside, but went back into the store turned it into the Kroger office at the store. I hope the person got it with whatever was inside, intact.

I also know that not long after that happened, my daughter and I were in the gift shop by Space Mountain and my daughter and her friend were doing the musical dance game which was in there, and I was watching them, not noticing that my belly pack was open (yup, I carry one and am not cool lol)and my wallet fell out and I didn't notice. Someone came up to me and asked me if that was my wallet on the ground, so I believe in Karma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter