Anyone in PA area try the Extreme Blackout night at Field of Screams? Tell me about it!!

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I live in northern Maryland and have gone to Field of Screams in Mountville, PA multiple times through the years. I love it so much, it’s all very well done! There is one thing they have which I’m too afraid to try, and that’s their Extreme Blackout night, where I believe the actors are allowed to touch you more and scare you in extreme ways… you need to sign a waiver. I’m just SO curious what it’s like, and how extreme do they actually get? If anyone has been in the past and don’t mind sharing the details, I’m all ears!!

My son and I went last week and I noticed that they already were a tiny bit more hands on than in the past (I thought it was great… there’s only so much you can scare someone if they aren’t allowed to touch you).

Here’s an excerpt from their website about it:

“On Friday Nov 11th only, all 4 attractions of the Field of Screams show will be darker, more intense, and hands-on!

You will be subject to new methods of torture, physical restraint, and isolation that are not a part of our regular season show.

Extreme scare tactics and fear-inducing techniques will be incorporated as part of your Extreme Blackout experience.

Not all will survive. Release waivers must be signed in order to participate!

This night will be extreme and ALL participants must sign a waiver. It is recommended that you are at least 18 years old to participate in the Extreme Blackout. Those under 18 years of age must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.”

Oh man, I went down a rabbit hole recently about Extreme Haunts. They are fascinating but also disturbing. Check out the documentary called Haunters: The Art of the Scare. I think it's still on Prime Video and maybe Shudder. It goes into a lot of detail about extreme haunts and what they involve.

Most don't look TOO bad, mainly grabbing guests and putting them into dark enclosed spaces. The good ones have safe words that guests can use if they want to quit at any time. The only one that really made my stomach turn was McKamey Manor when it was still in San Diego. The guy who ran it didn't use safe words and came across as someone who just enjoyed torturing people and found a legal way to do it. Really gross.

I haven't heard of this one. I'd be curious to see if they put the full waiver on their website. That would give you an idea of how far they go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter