Anyone in for Marathon Weekend?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
DH is doing the Marathon, one of his BFF's is doing the 1/2, another BFF is doing the Goofy.

I will only be doing the 5K b/c I want to enjoy the rest of my trip. :lmao:

Anyone else participating?

I don't post often but one of my favorite forums. Love the podcast listen while I run. I will be doing Goofy and my hubby is doing the Half. He is quite undertrained from being sick with the flu in Dec. I am going to do both but undertrained since I had a stress fracture. I am healed and had about 3 weeks post fracture to get into it.

Good luck everyone!

We will be heading down a week from today! I'll be running my 2nd 1/2 marathon and my son will be doing one of the kids races! I can't wait! We are SO excited in this house!

I did a 13.1 training run a few weeks ago and have improved on my time from last year by 36 minutes! I'm hoping to get under 3 hours this year!

I'm running the Goofy in honor of my mom who passed away unexpectedly over the holidays. :(

Amanda

See you there. Leaving a week from tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of this cold.

ADP said:
See you there. Leaving a week from tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of this cold.

Aaron where are you guys staying? I'm ready to get out if this cold too!

Amanda, I am sorry for your loss. May you find strength and peace in your run.

Amanda and Kristen, i think i have chatted with you both last year about heading down. It is my new ritual. I have been going every year since 2007 when I moved to Atlanta. Atlanta is much easier to train in than when I was in PA for the first one in 2003. I will be staying at the Poly. I am thinking about going to the WISH meet on Friday.

Good Luck!

DrMomof3 said:
I'm running the Goofy in honor of my mom who passed away unexpectedly over the holidays. :(

Amanda

Amanda,

You are inspiring. My condolences to you in regards to the passing of your mom. Wishing you the absolute best for the Goofy.

Leaving a week from tomorrow (Thursday)!! Meeting my sister at WDW for our 1st Goofy!
We are both injured but WE WILL FINISH!!!:scared1:
We are staying at the French Quarter ---hoping to see a PODCAST member or 2 along the course to boost my energy!!!

Good Luck to all

Kathy

katcarter said:
Leaving a week from tomorrow (Thursday)!! Meeting my sister at WDW for our 1st Goofy!
We are both injured but WE WILL FINISH!!!:scared1:
We are staying at the French Quarter ---hoping to see a PODCAST member or 2 along the course to boost my energy!!!

Good Luck to all

Kathy

Good luck!!! That's great you'll be doing the Goofy. Please tell me about your injuries. I'm currently injured myself, with my second stress fracture in 7 months. I'm on crutches and had to pull put of this month'm WDW marathon weekend. I'll run the Goofy next year. Good luck to you and get better soon.

I have inflammation under my Achilles tendon in my left foot. Because I have favored my left foot now my right foot is hurting me! 3 weeks of PT have helped but still in pain when I run. I did a 10K New Years Day --not pretty!!
Had to have my DR prescribe a major anti-inflammatory med hopefully that will get me the Goofy ----THEN weeks of no running!!
Sorry to hear about your injuries! I hope you can recover and train next year for the Goofy! I am excited but nervous!

Kathy

Geez....I thought I was good doing my 5K. You people doing the Goofy are....well.....:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Seriously....I'm working slowly. My next goal is a 10K in May, another in June, and am contemplating the newly added 10K to DL 1/2 Marathon Wknd in Sept. I was already planning on the 5K and DH is doing the 1/2.

Then, I have to find a 10-miler (no ToT this year; I've already asked! :lmao:) but if I can do a 10-miler, then it's on to a 1/2. Hopefully Wine & Dine, 2014.

Slowly, but surely, maybe I'll get there!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts!

Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable time during Marathon Weekend. Disney puts on such great running events and I really hope we all take the time to soak up the inspirational atmosphere!!!

Amanda

I hope to see many of you this weekend! Will probably see Kristen and Amanda for sure.

I'll be there for the Half and cheering you Goofy people on. Can this be the only place where calling someone Goofy is a compliment?

Not going, but I want to wish you all a magical race. I've done several at WDW the past few years and they are sooooo fun. Enjoy!!!!

We leave today for WDW Marathon weekend! However, my whole family that is going is SICK!

Please Disney work your Magic help us feel better!

Good luck everyone!

P.S Amanda I'm so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter