• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

I didn't read back through all of the replies to see if anyone else has received this.

Just something to file under interesting....related, but not really helpful or helpless.

My FP+ window opened up with everyone else's (10/17 or so? I can't remember, it's been quite a few days ago). Fast forward to 10/28, I got an Email from Disney inviting me to participate (okay....glad to see the Emails are on the ball as usual /sarcasm). Today in the mail I got a 8x11 envelope from Disney (it's pretty fancy. White envelope with Mickey on the front). I was like, "Oh, that looks interesting." I brought it in, opened it and it's basically the same prose as the Email on rather nice paper at that.

I was able to now book my FP+ for Dec 31 on, but still cannot do anything to customize MB's. It only shows my card/ticket and nothing about bands. I called IT and she said that it's only a test and certain people eligible are allowed to, and if we do end up getting them then we can get gray ones at the hotel. Don't know if it has something to do with being DVC reservation? First, if I can do FP+ then obviously I will be getting bands. Second, I DO NOT want all gray bands - ugh!!

Anyone else had this problem not able to customize MB for December or is it just me???

I was able to now book my FP+ for Dec 31 on, but still cannot do anything to customize MB's. It only shows my card/ticket and nothing about bands. I called IT and she said that it's only a test and certain people eligible are allowed to, and if we do end up getting them then we can get gray ones at the hotel. Don't know if it has something to do with being DVC reservation? First, if I can do FP+ then obviously I will be getting bands. Second, I DO NOT want all gray bands - ugh!!

Anyone else had this problem not able to customize MB for December or is it just me???

When you log in, on the right there should be an area to "manage magic bands" which will switch to "customize magic bands" at 60 days out. If you are less than 60 days out, do your online check in (if the MDE site doesn't work do it with the app) and then it should change from "Manage" to "Customize"

When you log in, on the right there should be an area to "manage magic bands" which will switch to "customize magic bands" at 60 days out. If you are less than 60 days out, do your online check in (if the MDE site doesn't work do it with the app) and then it should change from "Manage" to "Customize"

And to add DVC has nothing to do with it because I am DVC and I was able to customize and select.

I didn't read back through all of the replies to see if anyone else has received this. Just something to file under interesting....related, but not really helpful or helpless. My FP+ window opened up with everyone else's (10/17 or so? I can't remember, it's been quite a few days ago). Fast forward to 10/28, I got an Email from Disney inviting me to participate (okay....glad to see the Emails are on the ball as usual /sarcasm). Today in the mail I got a 8x11 envelope from Disney (it's pretty fancy. White envelope with Mickey on the front). I was like, "Oh, that looks interesting." I brought it in, opened it and it's basically the same prose as the Email on rather nice paper at that.
I got it too.

Have you tried doing online check in on MDE? If you've already done it, go in and re-do it, even if you just go through it and don't change anything. Then see if you can customise.

This is our third trip testing MB's. We did not do online checkin for any trip and we were able to customize our bands for each trip.

We weren't able to customize our bands until 54 days before our December trip (not 60 days before). So my advise is to maybe wait a few days? You still have plenty of time to customize. Don't worry! :goodvibes

I'm also a DVC reservation & having all of these same problems - I've been trying for weeks to do the online check-in & I always get an error message. I also got the emails & letter in the mail inviting me to participate & get magic bands, but all the website allowed me to do was upload my current tickets. Nothing comes up allowing me to customize. Getting very frustrated :confused3

arizonacolbys said:
I'm also a DVC reservation & having all of these same problems - I've been trying for weeks to do the online check-in & I always get an error message. I also got the emails & letter in the mail inviting me to participate & get magic bands, but all the website allowed me to do was upload my current tickets. Nothing comes up allowing me to customize. Getting very frustrated :confused3

Have both of you tried mydisneyreservation.com to check in online? Iirc, I had to log in to DVC member site, copy my reservation number, log out & then go to mydisneyreservation, paste the number & check in. Using MDEX just gave me an error page with Goofy on it. The check in link from DVCmember.com just sent me to Disney's main page to book a new vacation or sign in to MDEX.

Has anyone been able to book bog, for lunch. I am going in 30 days. I try to go on there web site and it will not let me do anything after the 8th of Dec, will be there for 10 days.:cheer2:

Have both of you tried mydisneyreservation.com to check in online? Iirc, I had to log in to DVC member site, copy my reservation number, log out & then go to mydisneyreservation, paste the number & check in. Using MDEX just gave me an error page with Goofy on it. The check in link from DVCmember.com just sent me to Disney's main page to book a new vacation or sign in to MDEX.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this a couple times & I'm still getting an error message. :( I am renting points and have 2 consecutive reservations that are linked, so maybe those are some of my problems? I just called the helpline & she can't help me because DVC services aren't back in until Monday, so she asked that I call back Monday. She thinks my online check-in went thru even though it isn't showing up, but claims DVC needs to add something to my reservation before the Magic Bands option pops up...I've tried logging in from my pc and ipad and have the same issues. Ugh... :confused3

Has anyone been able to book bog, for lunch. I am going in 30 days. I try to go on there web site and it will not let me do anything after the 8th of Dec, will be there for 10 days.:cheer2:
I haven't had any luck for my dec9-14 vacation. I keep checking though.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this a couple times & I'm still getting an error message. :( I am renting points and have 2 consecutive reservations that are linked, so maybe those are some of my problems? I just called the helpline & she can't help me because DVC services aren't back in until Monday, so she asked that I call back Monday. She thinks my online check-in went thru even though it isn't showing up, but claims DVC needs to add something to my reservation before the Magic Bands option pops up...I've tried logging in from my pc and ipad and have the same issues. Ugh... :confused3

I'm also renting points, at AKV-Kidani, and was able to use mydisneyreservation.com to do check-in. I originally tried doing the check-in from MDE only to get the Goofy error. A week or two after using the older check-in web site I was able to complete the MDE check-in, which lets you add PINs. Soon after that I was able to personalize MBs.

Stick with it and I'm sure you'll eventually get to personalize. Point renting is probably not your issue, and I can't think of anything DVC needs to add to let you personalize. Good luck!

Random, but I keep seeing everyone say that their "Manage Magic Bands" buttons changed to say "Customize Magic Bands" only mine didn't change to that. Mine says "Personalize Magic Bands". Anyone else? I have also had NO problems with the system at all and have not received an email invite (but am able to customize and select FP+).

Random, but I keep seeing everyone say that their "Manage Magic Bands" buttons changed to say "Customize Magic Bands" only mine didn't change to that. Mine says "Personalize Magic Bands". Anyone else? I have also had NO problems with the system at all and have not received an email invite (but am able to customize and select FP+).

That's what it says for everyone.

I didn't have issues at first, but once I began making a li of changes, issues cropped up.

Going first week in Dec and I got my Email invite a few days ago..customizing bands and getting fastpass + choices were like pulling teeth..took me 4 or 5 trys for each band and with fast pass..it took 4 or 5 trys to get everyone on the pass :sad2: I hope the system is not this buggy when I try to use it next month:scared:

We are booked to be there Dec. 5-14. I still have not received my email or snail mail invite. However, I have already customized my bands and make fp+ reservations. :confused3

Going first week in Dec and I got my Email invite a few days ago..customizing bands and getting fastpass + choices were like pulling teeth..took me 4 or 5 trys for each band and with fast pass..it took 4 or 5 trys to get everyone on the pass :sad2: I hope the system is not this buggy when I try to use it next month:scared:

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The only problem I've had is getting the Goofy error when checking in. That resolved itself weeks ago. Since then I personalized MBs (only issue here was getting DS to commit to a color!) and made FP+. And I've even made maybe 10 FP+ changes or so. The Disney Gods have shined on me for some reason! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter