Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

Is there anything left to do after we customize our MBs? Does it just turn off the option on the Nov 9th date in the system and they ship whatever is in the system? I customized but didn't see a "ship now" option.

I apologize if this question is answered somewhere but there is so much info to sort through and doing it on my phone is tough.

Thanks!!!!

Also got selected for FP+

2-5 of December (only booked a room, but have AP)

Will I still be able to pull FP's with my AP card? I'm going to be park hopping every day and might need a FP for certain rides not on my list

that's the way it is now. And seems there's nothing but an infinitesimal chance that could change anytime soon. it would require reprogramming the legacy FP- system to interface with the new system and there's just no sense at all for them to waste time and money updating the old FP- system at this point when it's days are numbered (measured in months not days or even weeks)

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions that may have been answered before but can't remember. There aren't any FPP times during EMH are there? I have been reading that some of the wait times are longer for standby in the mornings now with the availability of FPP availability at park opening, ie 9am. Was thinking that AM EMH might be even more beneficial now for short lines and if unable to pull regular FP with FPP.

Also, I haven't gotten tickets yet for our very short trip 12/4-12/7 for a couple of reasons, and was just checking to see if there are still plentiful FPP available for headliners during that time frame. I hope to be able to get tickets soon, maybe by this weekend, but just worried about missing out on FPP and then not being able to utilize the old FP's.

If the rumours are correct, by the time we all arrive in December we may be locked out of using regular FP if we are part of the FP+ test. i.e. Disney may not issue us with KTTW cards at check-in and other loophopes are being closed.

if this is the case will people stick with FP+ or try to opt out of the test and just revert to good old legacy fast pass?

This is exactly what I am wondering! :confused3

This is kind of off topic, but just wondering since we are all going in December on this thread- is anyone taking advantage of EMH?

I just recently noticed the EMH on MDE and someone in my party asked why we were never going to a park with EMH. I've read on various sites to avoid the parks on those days, but now i'm reconsidering that.

I'm so confused as to what to do since we've never experienced December crowds before.

Is there anything left to do after we customize our MBs? Does it just turn off the option on the Nov 9th date in the system and they ship whatever is in the system? I customized but didn't see a "ship now" option.

I apologize if this question is answered somewhere but there is so much info to sort through and doing it on my phone is tough.

Thanks!!!!

Go back in to customize your bands, it will take you to the next screen - the very first line reads: Your MagicBand Order, quantity, resort reservation, and then in parentheses - grayed out it states (arrival December ??, 2013) Which this is the day after my customization expires. You can't select ship now....:thumbsup2

This is kind of off topic, but just wondering since we are all going in December on this thread- is anyone taking advantage of EMH?

I just recently noticed the EMH on MDE and someone in my party asked why we were never going to a park with EMH. I've read on various sites to avoid the parks on those days, but now i'm reconsidering that.

I'm so confused as to what to do since we've never experienced December crowds before.

Still depends on exact dates since some EMH are busier than others but , Heck Ya Extra hours in the park to me is a no brainer ! If it's early you can get in 2-3 headliners extra ! I think the late EMH are the ones that are a little more crowded but it depends on how much of a night owl you are .

We avoid the EMH parks. However, we don't do park hoppers.

If I had hoppers, I MIGHT go to the early EMH and then head out to another park before lunch.

But we have had great success with heading to a non-EMH park. (Note, this was all pre-fast pass +).

Maggie

Still depends on exact dates since some EMH are busier than others but , Heck Ya Extra hours in the park to me is a no brainer ! If it's early you can get in 2-3 headliners extra ! I think the late EMH are the ones that are a little more crowded but it depends on how much of a night owl you are .

We'll be going to the parks on 12/16, 12/19, & 12/20. We'll have to switch around our FP+ but hopefully that shouldn't be too bad.

This may have been asked and answered already ~ How do you know if you have access to FP+? We have an upcoming trip for the first week of December staying at All Star Sports. Do you receive an email?

We avoid the EMH parks. However, we don't do park hoppers.

If I had hoppers, I MIGHT go to the early EMH and then head out to another park before lunch.

But we have had great success with heading to a non-EMH park. (Note, this was all pre-fast pass +).

Maggie

Yeah, I hear alot of people suggesting park hoppers but it's just a little too much over our budget. They sound like a great idea though, for those who want to hop over to another park during the busier hours!

Yes, generally a good idea to skip the emh parks and rather visit the low crowd park/s each day/night for an overall more pleasant experience.

Yes, generally a good idea to skip the emh parks and rather visit the low crowd park/s each day/night for an overall more pleasant experience.

We do go EMH parks and LNM hours saw well. Have had good and bad success. Just depends on crowd levels to gauge

This may have been asked and answered already ~ How do you know if you have access to FP+? We have an upcoming trip for the first week of December staying at All Star Sports. Do you receive an email?

You probably won't get an email until either the last minute or even too late to customize bands. You need to go to MDE, make sure tickets are linked, and then under your account, you should see something that says Customize Magic Bands. Do that, then click on FastPass Plus and schedule those.

We are checking in at BCV on Dec 22. I was able to book FP+ yesterday and took way too much time figuring everything out and changing times. However, I was not able to book any FP+ for our last day. It said we couldn't do it. We have APs. Any reason why we can't book FP+ for the day we check out?

I figured out a way around this. We are staying 5 nights and have APs. I was not able to book FP+ for the last day that we check out. I went in and picked the FP+ for just myself. I then went in and copied them for the rest of my family. It worked great!

I figured out a way around this. We are staying 5 nights and have APs. I was not able to book FP+ for the last day that we check out. I went in and picked the FP+ for just myself. I then went in and copied them for the rest of my family. It worked great!

Great tip! Thanks! :goodvibes

I hadn't really considered it. We have never really used EMH on any of our trips because conventional wisdom was those parks would be busier, but I may consider park hoppers and EMH's this trip simply because the crowds will be high and it will give me more flexibility.
Mind you, trying to plan our fastpass+ reservation times, park days, and dining reservations to all coordinate is already making my head explode. Adding in EMH's and park hopping might be the end of me. My brain can't take any more planning and scheduling:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter