Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

Anyone know where the FP+ area is for Illuminations ? I took one for Dec 7th but really didn't look to see where it was located. Thinking now there may be more than one location.

The last information I read about it was that it was in the grassy area near that big gift shop that is right on the lake, near the boat dock on the Future World side.

I spoke to a cm on the phone last night when I added my 2 additional days for park passes. She said that we can choose 3 fp+ per person per day but that we can add more when we get there....not so sure I beleive this one! Has anyone else heard that? She wasn't referring to using a kttw card as bonus fastpasses...she said you'd add them to your band.

A lot of people have been thinking that the system will eventually be (maybe by December), that while you prebook 3 FP+, once you use 1, you will be allowed to add another meaning you can always hold 3 FP+ on the magic band. I wish I knew if this is true for Decemer as that would mean the best thing would be to schedule them for the morning first, and book more as the day goes on as you use them. Right now a lot are using them for the afternoon when it is busier but that would mean you would have to wait till the first prebooked FP+ is used in the afternoon before you can get another one.

Really? More than 60 days out? Did they just open up in your MDE account? I'm just curious, since we arrive on 12/27. Is this your first trip using your bands?

This doesn't surprise me. I don't see why they don't offer it upon booking the trip. It doesn't mean you get the bands, it just means you get to choose the color. They determine the ship date to be 30 days before your trip and that probably won't happen earlier because of the deadline to customize.

Really? More than 60 days out? Did they just open up in your MDE account? I'm just curious, since we arrive on 12/27. Is this your first trip using your bands?

I logged into MDE account and instead of manage bands it said customize bands. This will be our first trip using the bands. I was surprised, I didn't think we could do it until 60days out! :)

I'm more than 60 days out and I can customize magic bands, but I can't yet select fastpasses. I'm hopeful that will open up at 60 days out.

Well how's this for weird?
Right now I have magicbands customized for our December trip. I don't have park passes linked but I do have our MVMCP tickets linked. I can select fastpasses for ALL day of the party, up until the time of the party but not after. Even stranger I can also select fastpasses for the day before for ALL day (which is not a party day). I can only make reservations for those two days and only for the MK but no other parks.
Technically I shouldn't be able to make any fastpass reservations at all. It doesn't help me because we aren't going to the MK those two days until party night ... But how weird is that?!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well how's this for weird. Right now I have magicbands customized for our December trip. I don't have park passes linked but I do have our MVMCP tickets linked. I can select fastpasses for ALL day of the party, up until the time of the party but not after. Even stranger I can also select fastpasses for the day before for ALL day (which is not a party day). I can only make reservations for those two days and only for the MK but no other parks. Texhnically I shouldn't be able to make any fastpass reservations at all. It doesn't help me because we aren't going to the MK those two days until party night ... But how weird is that?! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Keep in mind you can get into the party as early as 4pm, so you may be able to use fast passes with a later time.

True. I just don't know why our party ticket is allowing us to book two days worth of MK fastpasses. Our party is Sunday night and I can book times all through the day on Saturday and Sunday.

has anyone been able to get the 4 FP+ in MK for dec 10? or dec 9th? we arrive on the 9th and my plan is to see wishes and MSEP the 9th and I have 3 FP+ for MK that night including IASW as it shows closed for refrub the rest of my trip and it is DD favorite ride. My plan is to do 1 thing that is on out MK must do list that night and FP+ MSEP. I know that FP+ isnt open yet but I thought someone had said that MK gives 4 FP+.
TIA

For those of you who have been able to customize further from 60 days out... Was your trip paid in full? Mine is but I am linked with another that isn't...

We arrive 12/22, still can't customize, this is killing me:sick:

You may be like most of us Dec arrivals and have to do online check in to get the option to customize and you can't do that until 60 days out which would be Tuesday. Wait until then and see what happens.

Rmbhenry said:
For those of you who have been able to customize further from 60 days out... Was your trip paid in full? Mine is but I am linked with another that isn't...

Mine wasn't paid yet and I was able to customize last night at 69 days.

True. I just don't know why our party ticket is allowing us to book two days worth of MK fastpasses. Our party is Sunday night and I can book times all through the day on Saturday and Sunday.

We have a 12 day trip booked in Dec with 10 day tickets. I was only able to book 10 days worth of FP+ at first, but when I linked our MVMCP tickets I could then book FP+ for that day as well. I haven't tried booking for the 12th day yet. It still only books them for the parks hours, not the party hours though, but if we go at 4pm when can use the ones we have booked.

Got the "Customize Magic Bands" pop-up today when I went to the MDE website!

Of course, I already personalized our Magic Bands days ago when I did the 'Modify Check-In' trick, but it was nice to see it. :joker:

I'm at 68 days, paid in full, staying at POR and not able to customize yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter