Anyone here swear by the Boardwalk Inn?

Dreamsdocometrue9112

"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here'
We have 3 trips planned in the next 6 months or so. April, May, and Nov/Dec :)

We are booked at the Boardwalk Inn Nov/Dec (which I'm extremely excited about). DH got a promotion and we decided to upgrade deluxe for our 5-night trip in May. With the AP and spring offer discount, the only resort in reasonable price range was Boardwalk Inn…again. We are so unsure about Boardwalk for Nov/Dec…that pool terrifies me. But, we love the idea of the location. We originally wanted Beach Club/Yacht club for one of those trips.

Does anyone LOVE the Boardwalk Inn? We have standard view rooms both times because the price difference is more reasonable. I'm a little nervous, and I'm not entirely sure why. I guess it's a resort I never thought or dreamed about staying at…

Would love to hear wonderful things about the resort that might make me feel better about our decision :)

I love the Boardwalk. It's a great location with so many dining choices. I like hanging out on the Boardwalk at night. I like the pool. I do prefer the old room decor though. I don't get a "boardwalky" feel anymore. But I would still stay there in a heartbeat.

We LOVE it there! The proximity to EPCOT is awesome. You can walk to the French bakery for breakfast, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, Kuzzina. And you can walk to HS. The concierge level is also fantastic. We do not like the big clown theme pool (Luna Pool) but love the quiet/leisure pool in the rose garden. It's always quiet, has a hot tub and the feel in that courtyard is pure bliss. Perfect for adults. If you can get a room that overlooks the quiet pool, you will love it. We were just there last week and had a concierge room on the 5th floor overlooking the rose garden. It was right next to the concierge looby so it was nice to just walk over and grab coffee in the morning or drinks in the evening. We also scored with a king bed! We love the staff there too. The only thing we dont love at the BWI is the Bellevue lounge - we prefer to walk over to the Crew's Cup Lounge at the YC.

Hope this helps. I know resort preference is a very personal thing so you may not agree with our thoughts but I will say BWI and YC are our favorites!

ENjoy your upcoming trips!

We just got back from celebrating our anniversary at Bay Lake Tower, thought we would try somewhere different since we were going without the kids. Ended up really missing the BW. Going back to BW in December and next July. It is the best location in WDW with plenty to do even after the parks close. Hope you enjoy your time there as much as we do!

I tend to swear by most resorts but it is something I'm trying to stop - not good with all the kids around

We just got back from celebrating our anniversary at Bay Lake Tower, thought we would try somewhere different since we were going without the kids. Ended up really missing the BW. Going back to BW in December and next July. It is the best location in WDW with plenty to do even after the parks close. Hope you enjoy your time there as much as we do!

Couldn't agree with you more! We added on an extra night to our stay at the last minute last week (due to bad weather at home) and tried BLT. We missed the BWI so much! We are going back to either BWI or YC next January.

We just returned from a 6 night stay there. I never thought we would stay there but since it was just DH and I we decided to give the EPCOT area a try. We truly fell in LOVE with it. We have stayed at CR, BLT, POLY, GF, AK, WL and POR. I thought I was a die hard POLY fan until we tried the Boardwalk. We liked it so much that we booked the bounceback offer for October in a Deluxe CL room! We had a standard waterview and it was beautiful! We loved being able to quickly walk to EPCOT and the boat to the studios. The lively atmosphere outside and the peaceful one inside were just perfect. There truly was nothing we disliked about the Boardwalk Inn or the entire EPCOT area.:love:

Swear by it 110%. Love the resort. Love the atmosphere. Love the CMs at the Innkeepers Club. Love the walk to EPCOT and Studios. It is my happy place:cloud9:

We tried it once just to "try something different," and we thought it looked cool in pictures, and we ended up LOVING IT. So much so that we bought a resale DVC contract there. We still go other places to still "try something different," but we now have our annual November BW trip, and have no plans to ever go somewhere else for those Nov trips.

Is there any chance to move the later trip? I can understand May being short on options because it is close, but maybe see about moving the later trip so you can try two different places?

We stayed at Boardwalk the first time in 2009. This was after we couldn't get BLT due to it being booked up. We were very disappointed and not looking forward to our stay at BWV. We ended up falling in LOVE with the resort!!! We have stayed there our last 8 trips and have no desire to stay anywhere else. It has become our second home :goodvibes. It is a beautiful resort with the perfect location. The entertainers at night are wonderful and we have made friends with some of the great CM's that work there.

I haven't stayed there yet, but my SIL has been going to Disney multiple times a year for some 15 years or so and she loves the Boardwalk. She's also stayed at GF before but she raves about BW and spends most of her time there. And FWIW I would consider her fairly picky about things like accommodations.

We stayed at BWI in November of 2011 and LOVED it. Great location, the rooms are lovely, the staff is so friendly, and there is so much shopping/dining/entertainment out on the Boardwalk. We're actually going to be trying YC in June and I'm so nervous I'll miss BWI. It's definitely one of our favorites.

In 2025, I am retiring and have a dream to do the resort for 7 days and a 7 day cruise.

My dream....Grand Floridian.

Nope, Boardwalk. I never miss a chance to get there multiple times every trip.

Not trying to hijack the op's thread but I have a couple of questions maybe someone on here can answer. Do you all fell the Boardwalk is a resort for kids besides the awesome pool? My kids will be ages 11 and 8. Also, no counter service restaurant worries me also......what would the closest counter service options be?

Thank you all in advance!

Our first trip was when DD was 4. We have always felt like we belonged at the Boardwalk. Kids are definately welcome. The resort is very kid friendly. You will have the pool as well as the evening entertainment to watch down on the Boardwalk. It is a blast!;) As far as counter service there is a pizza window and a cart out on the Boardwalk that sells hot dogs, corn dogs, nachos, chicken strips, etc. I know some people complain on here about not having restaurants inside the resort but the theme is Boardwalk, having the shops and restaurants on the Boardwalk. We love the atmosphere and you always have Beaches N Cream across at the Beach Club and you can walk to EPCOT for meals too

Our first stay at The Boardwalk this past January, and it was fantastic. I absolutely LOVED it. It was wonderful! I've told the hubby it is my new favorite resort on WDW property. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter