Anyone here from Northern Illinois/Chicago?

Donald's Shrink

Mouseketeer
I'm sure there are lots of you on this board. I'm currently in the frozen barren cornfields of DeKalb. Anyone know where to find some Disney magic around here to cure the winter blues?

We just cured ours, just returned from 9 nights at the Wilderness Lodge, but only to return to northeastern Ohio cold and snow. We're finding it hard to believe that just a few days ago we were swimming and enjoying the sunny Florida weather and Disneyworld. Guess we just have to settle in and survive the next few months till spring. we pass the time watching our old movies of trips plus this last one and hitting the ddisney store for that quick pick me up. This is around the time of the year that cabin fever sets in, we get the bulk of the snow, been quite mild so far and crazy March.......you never know about March to get through.

We were lucky to hit WDW in September for 10 nights and decided we'll try January, never been there in January, to get the full value out of our Annual Passes, kind of 2 close trips but we needed it. We won't be headed back till late fall, god willin' but this was our 40th trip. Guess we have it bad but its just the wife and I, kids grown and gone so the expense is easier now with just the 2 of us, but the trips are alot more fun when they do meet us there or we bring along other guests. We used Amtrak down and back again and the scenery out the window was alot different this trip then last fall, different time different experiences and going the train was packed, guess everyone was escaping the north.

Hey Donald we are about 35 miles east of you, sharing in the frigid cold. I think we will hibernate all weekend. We just got back from Disney in December, we had a great time. Now we are planning a trip in April. Have our room booked at AKL, first time there, club level. Looking very forward to it.:yay:

We just got back from our annual Dec trip too. Unfortunately I won't be able to back until Nov for a short trip before our longer trip in Dec.

Hey, we're also here in NIU land in Antioch, IL. As a matter of fact, my son is attending NIU in DeKalb right now and I am an alum from 1984. As I type this it is about two degrees outside and I just keep thinking warm thoughts about the four family trips we were fortunate enought to have to WDW and the hope of future trips (after NIU is paid off and my other son's college!).

I live in Chicago! I graduated from NIU in Dekalb in, er, uh, 1992. Gosh I'm gettin' old! :rolleyes1

Going back to the World in July and staying at the WL for the first time!:cool1:

Dream,
When you go to Disney, do you fly out of Midway? What airline do you find to be the cheapest?
Thanks, Dan

Hi I am also from NI, Huntley to be exact this is my first post. I am very excited to find this site and even more excited about my families first trip to WDW in May!!!:yay:

Dream,
When you go to Disney, do you fly out of Midway? What airline do you find to be the cheapest?
Thanks, Dan

Hey Dan,

I always fly out of Midway and have been using Southwest Airlines. They have had the best prices to Orlando for the past few years.

We are flying out of Ohare because it's closer and the price really wasn't all that much cheaper. We would spend more on the cab ride there. I also haven't been a plane in 12 years so I'm sort of freakin out!!

Dream Delta,
Does SWA do the magic your way thing where they take all your bags?
Thanks, Dan
P.S. Sorry for all the ?'s.

I'm sure there are lots of you on this board. I'm currently in the frozen barren cornfields of DeKalb. Anyone know where to find some Disney magic around here to cure the winter blues?

Hi Donald's Shrink!

I'm an alum from NIU. Now living in the South Suburbs. This Chicago weather is crazy! Yesterday we had lightening and thunder during the Superbowl, then a freak snow storm and now fog as thick as pea soup! I'm dreaming about our trip in November!

Did you know they are calling for 6-10 inches tomorrow night? My girls will probably have another snow day and they just had one on Friday. Can't wait till our trip in May even though it will be warm here by then.

Checking in from the SW Suburbs. A lot of crazy weather around here the last few days. Fog thicker than I ever remember seeing and flights out of Midway cancelled all day.

Right now, I'm sitting here reading up on the DIS, trying to recuperate from laryngitis and anticipating my first trip to WDW in June.

Regarding flights to Orlando, sign up for Southwest Airlines "Ding" program and they will email you when there is a good flight price.

I am right next door in Sycamore. Isn't this weather crazy. I swear I heard thunder this morning.

We just booked our trip to Disney. We are going in May and stay at POP and Port Orleans Riverside. Planning our trip is pretty much the only way I am getting through this crazy winter.

Dream Delta,
Does SWA do the magic your way thing where they take all your bags?
Thanks, Dan
P.S. Sorry for all the ?'s.

Dstan,

I assume you're refering to Disney's Magical Express, where Disney will claim your luggage for you at the airport and deliver the bags to your room while you climb aboard a bus and are transported to the Happiest Place on Earth? If you are, then yes if you fly Southwest you can take advantage of this service. As long as you fly into Orlando International Airport (MCO), you can use the Magical Express (ME) service, regardless of what airline you fly. Magic Your Way is what Disney calls some of their vacation packages, that includes the ME service. I know, so many names for so many different services! Just be sure to put the yellow luggage tags on your bags if you want Disney to claim your luggage for you. (You'll get those tags in the mail a few weeks before your departure date.)

Hope that helps!

Hi there! I'm from Cary, if anyone knows where that is!! Yep, we're suppose to get 6-12 inches of snow tonite! Friday we had 12, but they kept school open, crazy people!
We flew out of Midway in May with Tranair, and LOVED it! Midway is so less crowded than O'hare, and Airtran was great! Plan on doing that again in October!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter