Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

IM wondering how much do they charge (or Hold) on your card when you pick up the car? For me, they can be super cheap, but if they are putting a $300 hold on my card, then I might as well stay with National or Alamo.

So we made it to Disney. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner but things were busy, also known as the magic made me forget. So I went straight to the Firefly counter, which is right next to Hertz, while my wife went to get bags. I was 4th in line and only one person was helping customers. Within a minute of me getting in line, two more people opened up and stayed helping people. The guy in front of me said that it was the first time he moved in 30 minutes. On the other hand, I was at the counter in maybe 10 minutes. I got the car pretty easily, and at the rate quoted. It was a economy for $114 for the week. No hassle over buying extra stuff that I don't need. A simple no was accepted when they asked. So I get the contract and go to find my wife. Well, I was quick enough to beat the checked luggage.

After getting the luggage, and had out to the cars. Well this is where it gets a little sketchy. Their kiosk is out in the middle of nowhere, past Hertz, with no good walkways to get there. I felt like I was walking in the middle of the road. We get to the kiosk and can't find anyone. I go ask someone and they managed to find the Firefly person. She was just finishing helping someone. She brings us to the car, it is in good shape, about 18,000 miles on it and no dents. We pack up, get in and are on our way.

In general not too bad, and the price was great. Hopefully they will be rectifying the walkway issue.

Thanks for the review! I would love to know how things went when you returned the car.

I booked Firefly on August 7th after reading about it on the DIS.

I booked a Ford Focus for 10/19 - 10/23. Total estimate cost: $73.28.

I just checked the rates today for these same dates. It now costs $158.84 :eek: I'm glad I booked when I did.

IM wondering how much do they charge (or Hold) on your card when you pick up the car? For me, they can be super cheap, but if they are putting a $300 hold on my card, then I might as well stay with National or Alamo.

I just called FireFly (1-888-296-9135). To pick up the car, you must present a valid Driver's License and a major credit or debit card.

A hold equal to $200 + the approximate total of the rental will be placed on the card when you pick it up.

Sorry it took me so long to follow up after the trip, but returning the car was easy. The signs were just as good as any of the other car companies. They have handheld scanners but not printers. So they confirmed the total with me and told me they would email the receipt.

I discussed the lack of a walkway and the person agreed and said she hopes someone does something about it. Also, when she saw how much luggage we had, she went and grabbed a cart for us. Apparently a lot of people leave their cats out at the pick-up location so she just went and got one from there. Still a very nice touch.

So my final opinion is that they are a low priced carrier, no different than a Fox, but they are on airport. All in all, a good experience.

Thanks for the review. My rental is coming up in a few weeks. Glad I got in on the ground floor. My minivan is now listed at $321 for 4 days (I booked at $158).

Bob

I booked with firefly in desperation beginning of Sept since all other reputable companies are just so high with their rates. For our 11 day rental (10/30~11/9), firefly rate is $206 for ford focus (economy ?). I also have a hold with National for $286, full size. I've never paid this high for a rental car in all years of travels and it's not moving. Just hoping that the rates would drop closer to the date.

So I looked at Firefly for my Oct 13 trip as well, as Ive never heard of them. I just called them directly and it was Hertz Customer service. I asked if they were in terminal and she said yes Firefly is in terminal. SO I was confused about why Hertz was answering the phone (as she said it was her first Firefly question)..I said is it like a parent company and she said no that they were just renting thier cars for them. I have a reservation for Dollar right now for $193 for Oct 13-17...firefly is half the price. Not sure if its worth it or not. I have read awful reviews for ultra cheap rental places (ez rental, fox and payless)..Im just wondering if Firefly is too good to be true.

I just found Firefly today when checking rates. I already have a reservation with EZ for February with whom we have booked with the past three trips and never have had any issues. EZ has always seemed to have the best rate for us and they offer free additional driver (spouse only), while most other companies add extra per day charges or their base rates are higher to start. Was curious to hear if anyone has booked with Firefly and used them yet?

I just spoke with a representative at Firefly to inquire about their additional driver fee (spouse) and was quoted $10/per day additional fee. This cancels out any savings compared to my reservation with EZ. Will be curious, however, to learn more about people's experiences with them as they occur. Always shopping for the best "deals"! :surfweb:

Sorry it took me so long to follow up after the trip, but returning the car was easy. The signs were just as good as any of the other car companies. They have handheld scanners but not printers. So they confirmed the total with me and told me they would email the receipt.

I discussed the lack of a walkway and the person agreed and said she hopes someone does something about it. Also, when she saw how much luggage we had, she went and grabbed a cart for us. Apparently a lot of people leave their cats out at the pick-up location so she just went and got one from there. Still a very nice touch.

So my final opinion is that they are a low priced carrier, no different than a Fox, but they are on airport. All in all, a good experience.

Thanks, DisneyRegulars! Glad to hear it was easy to return the car. I'm feeling much better about my rental!

By all accounts, it just sounds like Firefly is Hertz's replacement for Advantage. I used Advantage quite a few times at MCO. The location of the counter AND the rental cars seems to be what PP's are describing as to what used to be Advantage. I just booked for February with Firefly, because it was $100 cheaper than what I've seen anywhere else. The web site confirmation page looks exactly like Advantage, down to the confirmation number format. I never had any problems with Advantage and they were always the cheapest out of MCO, so I don't feel too worried about using Firefly. I'm still 4+ months out so I will do what I have done with Advantage in the past--keep stalking rates and rebooking if/when they come down.

Right now I'm at $190 for a compact from 2/22 to 3/2. I guess that's fairly decent for that time of year but I'm hoping to do better! Last December I had a car with Advantage for 7 nights and it was less than $100 including tax.

I haven't been able to get the firefly website to work. Is it fireflycarrental.com? I get a page that says "Road Work Ahead" and some numbers to call about IT issues. When I called the numbers, it was Hertz and the Customer Service person didn't know what Firefly was. Sometimes I can get the Firefly home page to show up, but when I input my dates it goes to the "Road Work" screen.

Any advice? Am I alone in this problem?

Anyone have any other experience with Firefly? I am leaving for Disney tomorrow and have a reservation both with Firefly and Alamo....$100 cheaper on Firefly but I am a little nervous about trying it....Alamo has always been great. Thanks!

Anyone have any other experience with Firefly? I am leaving for Disney tomorrow and have a reservation both with Firefly and Alamo....$100 cheaper on Firefly but I am a little nervous about trying it....Alamo has always been great. Thanks![/QUOTE
People have already posted on thread with good experiences..

I only read one review....I will go back and look though...maybe I missed something...Thanks!

I only read one review....I will go back and look though...maybe I missed something...Thanks!

Think there were at least 2 but all were good only complaint was walking to the kiosk in the garbage.. No horror stories ... So far..unsure just book a back up can always cancel..

They are a budget type rental company which for most trying to save $ is just fine..

Think there were at least 2 but all were good only complaint was walking to the kiosk in the garbage.. No horror stories ... So far..unsure just book a back up can always cancel.. They are a budget type rental company which for most trying to save $ is just fine..

Ugg garage iPhone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter