• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

Hertz offered deeply discounted promotional rates shortly after they bought Advantage. Offering such rates is a good way to kick start a new company.

gmeh1--DOJ had Hertz divest Advantage as a condition of allowing the acquisition of Dollar/Thrifty.

That's done, the acquisition was approved and closed. It's probably hard, after the fact, to tell Hertz they can't introduce an additional brand. AFAIK this isn't a new company bought by Hertz.

Think of all the cars Hertz owns. This could be a way to get another year of use out of them.

Yes, Hertz does own a lot of cars, but, Enterprise owns more, maybe they should open another company too. :) AFAIK?

I guess time will tell. Here is the info from the confirmation.

Orlando International Airport
9301 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando, FL, US 32827

Pick Up Phone Number : 8007775500
Pick Up Hours : 0500-0200 7 DAYS
When I called they said they have not opened yet but will be onsite.

Weird hours.

Why do they have a pick up phone# if they are onsite, couldn't you just walk to the desk when you arrive?

The website states it a bit differently.

9301 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard

Orlando

Phone: 8007775500
Alt. Phone :
Fax:
Location Type:C
Hours of Operation:0500-0200 7 DAYS

Strange hours.

I was able to book the exact same car we had reserved through Budget for our December trip for $43.04 less. Not a huge savings but better that nothing.

Rental went from $232.70 to $189.74 for 8 days-- about $24 per day for a Dodge Advenger. I'll take it but still dream of getting that $10 per day car rental that a few have gotten lucky enough to get. :happytv:

I went ahead and booked Firefly also...it was only $97 total for OCt 13-17 midsize car. I had one reserved from budget that was $193. Im willing to try them for half price. National and Enterprise wanted over $300

Our dates are October 5-12 - booked Firefly at $114 (like Ford Focus). Also holding a Costco booking for Budget (like Dodge Avenger) at $140.

Will stay tuned here for reviews and feedback!

Edited to add:

Priced same class car through Firefly (Dodge Avenger) and came to $156 - for an apples to apples comparison.
FYI - Confirmation email was sent from Hertz.

I read some reviews by searching on Google and they were horrible; I've never seen anything so bad. Those were for the European company but still Hertz. I hope they are a whole lot better over here or they will be out of business fast.

I booked for Christmas, I look forward to some reviews.princess:

Hi there!

I'm renting a minivan for a week using Firefly because they had an amazing rate of 270 dollars (tax included), while other companies were around 600 to 800 :-O

I never knew the company before, but since it came up in a comparison through orbitz.com, I imagined it was trustworthy.

So I did the reservation and got an e-mail confirming it that was <webmaster@hertz.com>, and then found this forum with some people mentioning that Firefly was acquired by Hertz.

I called the number provided in the email (8007775500) and it was from Advantage, if I'm not mistaken, and they said they've been getting the same question lately.

Then I called Hertz at 800-654-3131 and they confirmed the reservation just fine, and even sent me a new email.

This time the confirmation email came as: "Firefly Reservations <fireflyreservations@fire.flycarrental.com> via hertz.com" and the phone number 1-888-296-9135 for reservations, and also an additional number which seems to be for the local office at Orlando Airport (4078598733).

The 1-888 number picked up and seems to be the same thing as Hertz, but says its from Firefly instead. The local number at the airport didn't pick up though, but all in all it looks like Firefly is for real and I guess Hertz is still working on integrating it into its existing processes and customer support.

Hope all this info helps! :-)

Because of this thread, I just reserved a mini-van for 9/16-9/22 for a total of $273.70. I have also never heard of Firefly Car Rental, but their price is better than the $327.88 that I got from Dollar or the $317 from Hertz (especially if the car ends up coming from Hertz!). Every other recognized name was giving me prices in the $5-600 range and we have to keep the mini-van because we are travelling with two in car seats and my grandma so it would be hard to get three across in a regular backseat.

I guess I will see in a few weeks!

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Just booked 2 weeks for March/April 2014 for $231 all taxes and fees included. Hopefully they turn out to be a great company.

Another reason I am glad I checked the boards! Just booked 11/13-11/18 for $97.04, a mid size (Dodge Avenger or similar). Best deal I have found.

I was just checking prices on a minivan for the end of October on Orbitz, and they offered me a price for Firefly Car Rental which was about $65 less than all the others. I've never heard of Firefly, so I googled it and it looks like they mainly operate in Europe. Anyone know about them? It says they are in terminal, so no shuttle. My best price for Oct 26-30 was from Dollar/Thrifty for $225. Firefly is $158.00.

Thanks, Bob

Firefly Car Rental? They are only open after dark, and every few seconds they open and close.:lmao:

Firefly Car Rental? They are only open after dark, and every few seconds they open and close.:lmao:

Thanks. :rotfl2:

I just went to their web site and booked a car for our December trip. Budget was $200 or so, Firefly is $114. Woo hoo.

I'm going to monitor this thread for experiences. I could save $50. over my National rate in December, but I have had great service with National/Alamo and love going straight to the garage to pick out my vehicle. That's probably worth the extra $50 to me. :)

Tried the site again this week - Dec 22nd - Jan 5th. All the cars come up as $1000/wk.
If anyone has Firefly as their only rental, I'd suggest having a backup!

Edit: Then I checked Oct 6 - 9, $10/day! And it's normal until Jan 4th, but once I add Jan 5th, it goes crazy.

These are some great deals, it reminds me of when Sixt opened with there amazing deals. I wish they would accept hertz discount codes because being under the age of 25, I definitely need that fee waived! However I did manage to find a rental with Hertz for $86 for October 3-7.

Tried the site again this week - Dec 22nd - Jan 5th. All the cars come up as $1000/wk.
If anyone has Firefly as their only rental, I'd suggest having a backup!

Edit: Then I checked Oct 6 - 9, $10/day! And it's normal until Jan 4th, but once I add Jan 5th, it goes crazy.

The holiday rates for any agency are killers! Sorry.

I booked a reservation with firefly for 10/15-10/20 at $70.99/week for a Ford Focus or similar.

I also have a reservation for Budget at $119/week.

I will keep both reservations until I hear back about people's experience with Firefly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter