anyone heard of area code 124??

Obi-Wan Pinobi

<font color=red>Jedi moderator who likes to live o
The other day there was a phone call that showed up on the caller ID with an area code of 124. :confused: I've never heard of that area code, and AFAIK area codes do not start with 1.

The number reads like this -- 1243###### -- so it's not like it's 1-243- and then the number because there are only 6 numbers after the 3.

It's probably a telemarketer, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of anything like this.

Wow, that is weird. I went to www.whitepages.com and did a reverse area code look up and it says it does not exist.

I would say you are right...telemarketers.

I don't think there is such an area code, because of 9-1-1. Many company phone systems require you to dial "9" to get an outside line, than add "1" for a long distance call. So if the area code began with the number "1" than you would be dialing 9-1-1, not good.

Did you try calling them back? Out of curiosity I would have to just to see how they answer the phone.

I got a telemarketing call this morning that showed up as 111-111-1111. I'm guessing they're using some technology to hide their actual phone number and show that instead?? :confused:

I've never noticed 124 area code before. :confused3

Yup thats why I like caller ID if I dont recognize the number or the name I dont pick it up, "Unknown numbers" get an unknown answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter