Anyone hear anything on soft opening for the Matterhorn?

csgsu

DIS Veteran
I know this weekend there were some cars working and the water is turned back on so they have to be getting close......any guesses?

The currently posted re-opening date is May 22nd. If they were going to do a soft opening, I would guess it would late next week (the day before the official opening or there about). DLR isn't consistent with soft openings, so I would not count on Matterhorn being open before the 22nd. They will not publish it, so it's a matter of luck and being there at the right time.

Not sure if anybody posted this already, but the walls are down at Matterhorn. They were still working in and around the attraction today. A CM I spoke to said they "hope" to reopen the ride on the 22nd.

I was there today, and there's no waterfall, so I'm not sure the water is turned on.

I was there today, and there's no waterfall, so I'm not sure the water is turned on.

The waterfalls have been on and off...they were on yesterday, so I wouldn't take that as an indication of when it will reopen

I wouldn't worry to much about the CMs saying "hope" rather than "will" or something stronger. I generally figure the informational CMs are told to use vague wording when asking about re-opening dates (i.e., they are told to not promise the guests that the attraction will re-open on a specific date because something could go wrong).

Oh, I hope it'll be open when we come to visit!!! In the three times we've been to DL, I've never been on... 1st visit, BIL took us, and refused to wait in any line (he's not a patient person). We were in & out of DL in 3 hours. >:( The next time we went, it was closed for some reason (it was January, so it might have been normal maintenance), and then the 3rd time, I was pregnant!

Hopefully the 4th time is the charm??

In my experience, most attractions have a soft opening a couple days before the official date. BUT... the ride may start and stop several times in a day and they may clear the queue if they feel it's in their best interest. I have been the beneficiary in the soft opening of Rocket Rods, Nemo, and several others.

If you see the ride running, get in line but don't be surprised if they tell you "Sorry" or they clear the line after you have been there 30 minutes, without a ride.

I can assure you that the speakers they were waiting on are not what is holding up the opening. Because those were delivered.

I was just over there. Today they are doing a media soft opening. The CM said it should open as scheduled to the general public tomorrow.

Yes, today was only media opening. They did all day tests though at least from Tuesday on - the cars were riding empty pretty much from opening to closing. If anything was wrong, they'd fix it right away. I think it's a good sign the media got to ride today without any issues.

For anyone who has ridden before the refurb and after, are the tracks smoother now?
I never found the ride to be as bumpy as others, but the changes weren't to the cars or track, so other than the scenery/audio changes it's the same ride.

We rode the ride on Friday. The new effects were really great! BUT, it is still just as bumpy and the cars just as hard as ever. The refurb was just to install the new effects. We were glad we tried it ONCE, but will not do it again. Even our 13 yr-old who loved it before was not sure if he would do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter