Anyone having trouble getting adr's during free dining?

POOHDRMR

DIS Veteran
Either not getting times you wanted or restaurant you wanted? I only got 1 out of four close to what I wanted for end of Sept.

I made 6 ADR's and got everything I wanted within 15 min of the time I wanted. I was suprised. We will be there for the last week and a half of September.

I already had ADRs for the last week of August before the promotion came out, but didn't have a problem changing a few of them when my flight times changed last week.

Sometimes I have to make an ADR for 3 rather than 2 people; there don't seem to be many tables for 2.

I got everything we wanted at the exact time I wanted on my first attempt at booking our ADRs (except for LTT dinner 5 minutes later--no biggie!). Then, we started the "maybe we should change..." game and decided to try for the 5 pm Hoop Dee Doo show on Friday, August 18. No problems! Two days ago we decided we might like to try Coral Reef. My DH was able to get a ressie only 10 minutes after he requested.

So far it looks like that first week the free DDP plan is being offered is still pretty wide open.

Aug 13-20, got everything I wanted. Only one I couldn't get the time I wanted was Liberty Tree Tavern on the 19th. We are dining 1 1/2 hours later than I wanted to but no big deal.

Kim

We're going 9/3-9/9 and haven't had a problem with ADR's. All of them were scheduled within 10 mins of the time we had chosen. :sunny:

We are going the last week in September and I was able to get all of ours for 9 days at the times I wanted:) I called right at the 180 days:)

Only one I couldn't get the time I wanted was Liberty Tree Tavern on the 19th. We are dining 1 1/2 hours later than I wanted to but no big deal.

That's because I have your 6pm reservation made way back on Feb 11th...

Sorry, but if I cancel I'll let you know!

POOHDRMR said:
Either not getting times you wanted or restaurant you wanted? I only got 1 out of four close to what I wanted for end of Sept.

What restaurants are you trying for? I am going Sept 22- 30 and I could pretty much tell them exactly where and when I wanted. I booked my original ADR's last week, and I just called yesterday to make some changes. The only ADR's I had problems with is that Mama Melrose is only taking reservations up to 5pm, and I wanted 6pm, and then I wanted to book a 9:45pm reservation at Rose and Crown for the night we arrive (Epcot Evening EMH), but that particular restaurant doesn't take reservations past 8pm. I didn't have any problems at all when booking - but maybe times have filled up fast since I made them last week ...

California Grill
Boma
50's Prime Time
Le Cellier
Alfredos

I have got all the ADR's that I asked for

9/17 Planet Hollywood 9pm on the first evening I chose a late one just in case.
9/18 Sci Fi Cafe 5pm
9/19 Le Cellier 7pm
9/20 Jiko 7.30pm
9/22 Coral Reef 750pm
9/24 Calfonia Grill 7pm
9/27 Spoodles 8pm
9/28 Grand Floridian 7.20pm
9/29 Crystal Palace 4.50pm
9/30 Narcoossees 7.10pm
10/01 Rose & Crown 7.20pm

I just booked our early Sept trip and called in some ADR's over the weekend. The only time I didn't get that I wanted was for LeCellier ... they were booked between 4:30 & 7:30.

WDWO

2BOYMOM said:
Aug 13-20, got everything I wanted. Only one I couldn't get the time I wanted was Liberty Tree Tavern on the 19th. We are dining 1 1/2 hours later than I wanted to but no big deal.

Kim
2BOYMOM how old are your boys? We will be there the same time as you myself my twin boys 13 and foster daughter 15 We are going 12-22. cant wait.

Spoodles was the only one I had a problem with because it was filling up fast.
The easiest Maya Grill had my pick of the times

Got everything we wanted, within a half hour, Sept. 29-Oct. 8. I bet that won't be the case for too much longer though... it's a relief to have that taken care of!

Carla

Got everything I wanted:

August 17th Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package 6:10

August 18th LeCeller 6:40

August 19th Teppanyaki 7:00

August 20th 'Ohanas 6:20

We have everything we wanted, also. I've even changed of few of them since booking the package and still no issues.

8/26 Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:30pm
8/27 Chef Mickey's 6pm
8/28 LeCellier 4pm (our choice for the time)
8/29 Crystal Palace 8:05am
8/29 Liberty Tree Tavern 4pm (our choice for the time)
8/30 Sci-Fi Diner 11:15am

I did have 'Ohana booked for 8/26 for 6pm with no problem, but cancelled that ADR.

The only Fantasmic pacakge available for our dates (Sept 23-30) was at 4:30 at H&V, which it too early, so I passed. Since I was unable to get the Fantasmic package, I tried to move our lunch ADR's at 50's prime to later in the day, but they were booked.

I was nervous that I'd have no luck booking what we wanted, especially since I was calling about 156 days out, but I had no problems. We'll be at WDW 9/17-23 and I booked:

9/18- Late lunch at Le Cellier, 2:10PM
9/19- Chef Mickey’s, 5PM
9/20- Prime Time Café, 11AM
9/21- Donald’s Breakfastsaurus, 8AM
9/22- Crystal Palace, 8:05AM and Boma 4:50PM

It probably helped that I wanted early and/or off times, but I was still shocked to get everything I wanted, within 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter