Anyone have trouble with verizon service in wdw?

Hoan & Poopie

Mouseketeer
I remember from our February trip that we seemed to have little to no cell service in our room (POP 80's building). Maybe it was just the certain location our room was in? Anyone else with verizon service that has/had issues staying on site? :confused3

was just there in april and blackberry worked great from Saratoga Springs.

My wife has Verizon service, and she and I often communicated by phone during our February trip. We stayed at Polynesian, and went to all 4 parks and Downtown Disney. We frequently split up, each with one kid, and called each other to hook up after that particular show or ride. Never a problem. I have AT&T, by the way.

No problems recently. Back in 2003 and before, there were areas especially at hotels that used analog and the battery used up quickly. No problem in recent trips with Verizon.

Yes - We experienced problems too. At Pop I had to stand by the window. In the parks our text messages were delayed. Phone calls were fine but if someone from home called and I didn't hear the phone their messages were also delayed from showing up.

I didn't have any problems with my service anywhere in the parks when I was there in October. I sometimes have problems with my phone in hotels, but that seems the same regardless of where I travel. I think it might have something more to do with the materials the buildings are made of in attempt to "sound-proof" between rooms making it hard for a cell signal to get through, also explains why it's easier to get a signal by the window.

As far as text messages and voicemails getting delayed, that happens with Verizon a little too often, but that has nothing to do with location. Their computers get backed up with text messages and voicemails and they bog down and take a long time to forward them onto the customer's phone.

Just to let you know about Verizon service. It really is the best. We have driven all through the country visiting many National Parks and remote areas and had service. We were on a cattle drive in northern Montana and we were the only ones with service. I'm not sure what service others had, but NONE had service. We were very lucky on these trips-even service on the North rim of the Grand Canyon and Navajo reservation! (we don't work for them just letting you know of good service) Like I said in a previous post, back in 2003 not that great of service at the hotel, but the parks were fine. Fine service on all the recent trips.

We have lived here for several years and never had problems however, I was told that anytime I am traveling to do the *228 to upgrade cell towers.

At POP (Duncan Yo Yo building and Juke Box buildings both) I had to go outside. At POR I also had to go outside (Pantierre Place). Not only can I not talk inside, sometimes it rings sometimes it doesn't, but it does that here too and I have a tower 2 blocks from my house. This the last Blackberry I will ever buy and I am counting down the months until I can get rid of the lousy worthless thing. It does everything great---except let me receive phone calls. And sometimes with a phone you just gotta be allowed to do that! Everyone who calls me knows if I don't answer they have to leave a message because it won't even tell me I missed a call unless there is a message left. I honestly was considering getting a cheap track phone for the next trip and leaving the Blackberry at home but I have to have access to email for work. And that always works. It is just phone calls it has issues with.

They guy in tech support told me all Smart Phones do that but I find that pretty hard to believe.

We have lived here for several years and never had problems however, I was told that anytime I am traveling to do the *228 to upgrade cell towers.

This is the key--anytime you travel out of area with Verizon, you have to dial *228 and option 2 to upgrade your cell tower. If you do that, you should not have problems. Another key is to do a soft reset on your handset. Take the battery out, wait 30 seconds, put it back in.

I did all of the above in October at POR and had excellent reception.

My VZW voice and e-mail worked everywhere I could hope at WDW. DW's AT&T (formerly Cingular) phone was a mess, failing to ring at some times when a couple of bars were showing. At&T was outperformed even by DS's Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go service.

We stayed at CS and me and my mom had no service in our room..it was soo weird..but my dad and brother did..it was annoying cause you had to step out to make calls

I have always had trouble with reception at Pop. I had the most trouble last year and I had to go out onto the balcony to place any calls...

I have Verizon and I had little to no reception in the room at CBR, but had no problems anywhere else in WDW. If I stood close to the window, I got SOME reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter