• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have towel animals at Pop?

torinsmom

<font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>
I am just wondering if there are certain mousekeepers who do this? When we stayed at Pop in March, there were none displayed in windows in our building(Last 50's building) but the 50's building by the pool had them in almost every window. If you had towel animals at Pop, what section were you in? I left $5 tip every day for me and my son and plan to do so(a little more as my mom will be there as well) for our fall trip.

Marsha

I have stayed in the 90's and 80's section and have yet to see a towel animal.

We were in the 50's section this past March and we had towel animals.

Were you in the 50's between the Hippy pool and the parking lot? Thats the one where I saw all the towel animals. I think it is preferred now though.

Marsha

Never had towel animals, but the maid did tie the curtains and arrange all of my dd's stuffed animals so they were hanging and looking out the window. Pretty cute!

my Niece received on in Roger Rabbit 80's building. I have seen them in both 70's buildings

I stayed in the 70s in dec 05. We got a basket of flowers towel creation (towel was shapend into a basket w/ a handle and silk poinsettia flowers stuck in it, the flowers were not towel - lol!). I saw a Christmas tree in one window, a money in another, and several other things in other windows.

We stayed in 50's section, bldg 2 (with the jukebox in front) last Aug. Our floor had few towel animals, but other floors had a ton.
Then, last May, we were in the Roger Rabbit bldg in 80's...we had a towel animal waiting for us when we first got to our room, but none after that. I think it really depends on the housekeeper. Some do some very creative things with towels, others just don't seem to know how.

We stayed there last July and got them a couple times. As another poster said, one day they had arranged my sons stuff animals and toys in the window. We stayed in the 50s section facing the lake. :sunny:

torinsmom said:
Were you in the 50's between the Hippy pool and the parking lot? Thats the one where I saw all the towel animals. I think it is preferred now though.

Marsha

That's where I was Easter 2005 and got towel animals every day - the first time I ever got towel animals at WDW.

torinsmom said:
I am just wondering if there are certain mousekeepers who do this? When we stayed at Pop in March, there were none displayed in windows in our building(Last 50's building) but the 50's building by the pool had them in almost every window. If you had towel animals at Pop, what section were you in? I left $5 tip every day for me and my son and plan to do so(a little more as my mom will be there as well) for our fall trip.

Marsha
We were in the 70's section and had the best towel creations ever, of all of my WDW trips. They were displayed in the window along with my kids plush Minnie and Mickey :)

Getting Towel Animals is total luck of the draw if your Mousekeeper knows how to do them. I've stayed on site over 14 times, I've got towel animals twice, you just have to be lucky enough to get someone who knows how.

So, is the 70's preferred? Anyone know? Or maybe I'll ask for the 50's facing the lake. I already requested lakeside anyway.

Marsha

torinsmom said:
So, is the 70's preferred? Anyone know? Or maybe I'll ask for the 50's facing the lake. I already requested lakeside anyway.

Marsha
It wasn't when we were there. I actually liked the location :) Short walk to food court and hippy dippy pool. Short walk to bus or parking.

Never got a towel animal but I kept getting fancy towel pockets that held my shaving gear and toothbrush. I figure if the maid had seen there were kids staying in the room there'd have been some animals. Did I tip more then usual when I saw it? Certainly :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter