Anyone have this problem when traveling with family and friends?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
We are going down with my sister's family, as well as my parents, in August. This is our first trip since the advent of Magic Bands and Fast Pass Plus, so we are new to some of the processes behind them.

Here are the problems we experienced:
1) Even though my sister was on my reservation (We are sharing a 2BR villa), they weren't allowed to make fast pass reservations 60 days out. The person at Member Services was confused by it since she was clearly on our account, and they had to research it and get back to us.

2) Mysteriously, all of my family's fast passes were added to my sister's family. She started with zero fast passes, and she ended up with all of the same ones as my family once the problem above was resolved. She has young children, so it didn't work for her. She is going to call and clear it up today.

3) My son was listed as my son in My Disney Experience one day, and then as a "friend" the next.

4) Even though all 4 families are all linked up via My Disney Experience, each of us are seeing a somewhat different selection of items from the other family's itinerary. For example, my sister can see my parents' dinner reservations, but not their fast passes.

I tend to think that any day spent planning for a vacation is a good one, but I have to admit that this process is getting a bit frustrating. Every time we seem to have things set, another issue - albeit small - arises.

As I have been booking a GV for a week every year for my big brood, I feel your pain, Rutgers1. While I haven't had the exact same issues as you, I have had similar frustrating problems.

In my case, I orchestrated all FP's. One thing I have had happen to me TWICE now is that if I have added a guest to my DVC rez a good deal after the initial rez, that person ends up showing as the reservation HOLDER! IOW, it showed my sweet DIL as the primary rez holder rather than me, the solo member and the one that MADE the rez for myself and my brood. It caused a couple of issues at check-in both times. Stupid. I had simply ADDED a guest, not substituted one.

I did have some weird stuff happen with our big brood on MDE. I had some multiples though I couldn't figure out why, etc. Because I had been a DVC member for over 20 years, and had been to WDW several times before, I had multiple email addresses that had been used over the years. Complicate that with a name change in those 2 decades, and when I first created my MDE it was a MESS. It took a few phone calls, transfers to the "experts" on MDE, and even a couple of visits to Guest Relations for them to help me sort it all out. So sorry to hear you are having complications in what should be a pretty seamless process. Hope you get it all unsnarled quickly! :flower:

Not much you can do, the Disney and DVC website issues seem to be the norm for now. How a company can brag that they are making billions in profit while putting their customers through all of this is beyond me? Instead of giving bonuses and golden parachutes, maybe someone higher up needs to lose their job!

:earsboy: Bill

We had some issues with MDE in the past. All issues were resolved by placing phone calls to Disney. Most of the issues were resolved during the phone call and a few took a bit longer. Disney was awesome about calling me back and making sure my problems were fixed and that I was satisfied. The customer service was excellent every time.

My random bizarre issue was that my SIL's family members each showed up about four times in my list of friends, and only one of the was the 'real' one. It made making fast pass reservations and dining reservations a bit tricky!

Good luck with getting your MB to work at all times.
I have yet to have a trip (12) with MBs that has not had some issue.
Some times the park admittance works but FPs do not work (print out a copy of all FPs and have them with you), some times the park admittance do not work (have your printed tickets/APs with you so you do not have to go back to the room/car to get them) but he FPs do, multiple times someone's MB will not open the room door, and other times the actual MB physically failed (the chip inside went bad).

Back in February, My wife's Magic band reservations were weird. I always had the correct # of guests for everything, but many didn't show up on her MDE account. Some would show up on some screens and not others, etc.

When we checked in, we had the concierge take care of everything. All 3 of us were just a bit nervous about losing reservations, but it worked out great. Took a while, but worked out.

It seems Disney is great about investing into large scale technology & social media: MDE, FP+, Magic bands all over the property, constant updates to YouTube, Facebook, Disney parks blog, Twitter, etc. Updates. But when it comes to the less visible technology, servers, code writers, access points, programmers, etc. They just don't want to invest.

We no longer have family and friends :D
I want to be able to see my immediate family plans without seeing everyone else's. We found it aggravating but then finally put an end to it when somebody went to change their family fast passes and ended up changing ours by mistake.

I recommend taking screenshots of your reservations. It is good to have in case things get messed up from their end.

Wow...we had no issues with our family and friends with the FP+. The My Disney Experience worked well and our only problem was what to book and when. Trying to get a group on the same page seems to be our biggest challenge.

We are going down with my sister's family, as well as my parents, in August. This is our first trip since the advent of Magic Bands and Fast Pass Plus, so we are new to some of the processes behind them.

Here are the problems we experienced:
1) Even though my sister was on my reservation (We are sharing a 2BR villa), they weren't allowed to make fast pass reservations 60 days out. The person at Member Services was confused by it since she was clearly on our account, and they had to research it and get back to us.

2) Mysteriously, all of my family's fast passes were added to my sister's family. She started with zero fast passes, and she ended up with all of the same ones as my family once the problem above was resolved. She has young children, so it didn't work for her. She is going to call and clear it up today.

3) My son was listed as my son in My Disney Experience one day, and then as a "friend" the next.

4) Even though all 4 families are all linked up via My Disney Experience, each of us are seeing a somewhat different selection of items from the other family's itinerary. For example, my sister can see my parents' dinner reservations, but not their fast passes.

I tend to think that any day spent planning for a vacation is a good one, but I have to admit that this process is getting a bit frustrating. Every time we seem to have things set, another issue - albeit small - arises.

Probably a few reasons this has happened. With us it had to do with operator error (me) and also on how MDE works with people sharing room resv and either being linked or not linked to my account, and also them having their own account. While it can get complicated I have been satisfied with CM's. Some issue resolved with phone call others with a simple email and I rec'd a call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter