Anyone have the new Quick and Casual Voucher list??

veraletta

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have the new list where you can use your Quick and Casual Vouchers? I know you use to be able to use them at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs but I read an old posting the other day and it wasnt listed on there at all. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!! We are trying to decide on how many vouchers to get. HELP!! :)

Hi Veraletta, I bought the new vouchers 2 weeks ago and Pepper Market is listed. They expire 5/04. If you need to know about any others just ask.:D

even1

Are there any changes that you see between to old list & the new one? Interested mostly about:
Chef Mickey Breakfast
Le Cellier Steakhouse $30. ones
Brown Derby $30.
Rainforest Cafe -all types
is Shutters ( CBR) listed?- any kinds

Wendy

Do you really come out ahead if you buy a $30 voucher and use it at Le cellier or Brown Derby? Does each person have to eat $30 worth of food to make it economical?

This is my first time using them, but another diser that lives in the same town I do, uses them. She said that at the "high end sit down places" they can come out $20.00-$30.00 ahead. (Family of 5- using 2 vouchers)
My main purpose is that Dd(8) & I would be able to share a great meal on 1 adult voucher- because it comes with appetizer & side & dessert- the app. & side would become her meal. Again this only works when ordering the high end stuff off those menus

Does anyone know if you can order "appetizers for two" "salads for two" or "dessert for two" with a single vacation kingdom lunch voucher?

Also, does anyone know if milkshakes, smoothies, or floats can be ordered for the drink with a quick and casual voucher?

Originally posted by jdaa1
Does anyone know if you can order "appetizers for two" "salads for two" or "dessert for two" with a single vacation kingdom lunch voucher?

Also, does anyone know if milkshakes, smoothies, or floats can be ordered for the drink with a quick and casual voucher?

It appears that the answer to your question is--It depends on how your server interprets the rules. They are not supposed to allow milkshakes, smoothies, or floats for the drink--it does say that on the voucher (I think you can use them for dessert, though). I think B & C was about the only place where they permitted it before and I think recently they have gone to adhering to what it says on the voucher.

The "for 2" items, again, it depends on your server. When we went to RFC, we handed over our vouchers and asked the server what was permitted and she said anything that said "for 2" required 2 vouchers. On the other hand, I have heard other folks only had to use 1 voucher.... So, I would say for planning purposes, to be on the safe side plan on using 2 vouchers.
In using about 30+ breakfast vouchers, about 20+ Q&C's and about 11 VKL vouchers this past year, I have discovered that the servers are overall quite lenient. We usually have the most positive experience when we hand over the voucher and ask what is permitted before we order.

-DC :)

Originally posted by dcfromva
In using about 30+ breakfast vouchers, about 20+ Q&C's and about 11 VKL vouchers this past year, I have discovered that the servers are overall quite lenient. We usually have the most positive experience when we hand over the voucher and ask what is permitted before we order.

Boy you are a vetern voucher user. Where do you use each type of voucher? Do you have favorite places? Do yu know anything about the lunch or dinner vouchers if these are worth the big bucks? I am hesitant to buy vouchers since we got burned at the Rose and Crown fast food place. The dessert was a pack of cookies and lunch including everything was only 8 bucks. Did not even come close to the 11.25 we paid for the cvoucher.

Originally posted by icy-dog
Boy you are a vetern voucher user. Where do you use each type of voucher? Do you have favorite places? Do yu know anything about the lunch or dinner vouchers if these are worth the big bucks? I am hesitant to buy vouchers since we got burned at the Rose and Crown fast food place. The dessert was a pack of cookies and lunch including everything was only 8 bucks. Did not even come close to the 11.25 we paid for the cvoucher.

Icy-dog,
DH LOVEs the breakfast vouchers, however, I am on strict orders from DH NOT to order anymore VKL vouchers and he would prefer never to see another Q&C voucher in his life. :) (BTW, I ordered all our vouchers prior to our August trip and ordered WAY too many!) We started out last August with both DH and DS willing to give them a try. In November, DH developed a mild dislike to them. Since then (and another trip in Dec and one in May), it has only gone downhill and he HATES them with a passion and his theory is VKL vouchers were invented by a Divorce Attorney to drum up business. :-)) )
The biggest complaint DH has with the lunch vouchers is eating a big meal at lunch--he just doesn't like to eat a big meal at lunch. Truthfully, DS and I have trouble eating a big heavy meal for lunch in the summertime, too. Well, if he eats a light lunch, but DS and I have a big lunch --we are all out of sync when dinnertime rolls around. We have used the VKL vouchers at Concourse Steak House (X2), Brown Derby (X2), RFC and Le Cellier. We have always been able to get our money's worth out of them--if someone doesn't want to order a big lunch, we just order off the voucher. The best use we ever had out of these type vouchers was when our nephew accompanied us to WDW. Both DS and our nephew (being teenagers) had big appetites and they really liked being able to order anything on the menu.
The Q&C's--the best value was when they were used at B&C--we used them a couple of times, but we aren't crazy for the meals that are served there. So, we decided in future, we will just go for ice cream only nt using a voucher. Some of the places we have used the vouchers are at the Contemp, Pecos Bills, Norway Bakery, food court at The Land. At most of these places, we saved just a few cents to up to $4.00. Again, DH felt constrained--possibly because I made sure we got our full value out of the vouchers (and sometimes we were given a hassle to get bottled water as a drink and he didn't care for that). I think these vouchers would be ideal to give to DS and our nephew, if they decided to hang out at the parks on their own. That way, they would have to use the vouchers for food.
The vouchers we like the best are the breakfast vouchers. DH really likes a big breakfast in the morning. Since I usually only have toast and berries, I usually take his toast and order my berries on a bill separate from the voucher. DH will generally order eggs (like an omlet), Coffee or hot chocolate and juice and a bakery item (or toast, if it wasn't already a side on his omlet). DS sometimes like to order a big breakfast, too. If so, he uses a voucher, too. The break even point is around $14.75 for an adult voucher. If your breakfast costs $14.75, the tax is .88 and the 15% tip is 2.21 total is $17.81 (adult vouchers cost $17.50). Most of our breakfasts costs were between a low of around $15.00 to a high of around $20.00 (not including tax and tip). We used the breakfast vouchers mainly at the Kona Cafe and The Concourse Steakhouse (Sticky Mickeys there are excellant!) and a couple of character brekkies at CRT and Norway. I figure the breakfast vouchers on average save about $5.00 per person.
I have not seen the dinner vouchers on the Connection's web site, yet. But, I think at $60.00, they are too expensive. (And, I'm not sure how DH would react to them--so soon....hee hee hee :) )
Good luck with your decision..
-DC

Hi DC from VA,

We are DVC members so I don't think the breakfast vouchers would work for us since we usually eat Breakfast in the room. The lunch vouchers seem like they are a lot of money for us. I think i would get fatter eating everything that I "have to eat" to make this economical. If you plan to use the Q&C vouchers in the Pepper Market or B&C then you have a good deal, otherwise not so in most other places. My DH also has no fun hunting for food bargains. He likes to see a place and eat what he wants. He never wants dessert for the same reason as I don't, so if we eat one just because it is there, we are both unhappy.
We used 2 Q&C in the pepper Market in the beginning of May. I had the salmon and he had the prime ribs. They gave us some God awful vegggie mix neither of us could eat but we both got potatoes that were good. We had my sister with us so she ate my dessert and drank my husband's coffee. I know we saved money eating at this restaurant but I wouldn't want to eat there very often. B&C is okay for a snack not a meal IMO.

You went way out of your way to fill me in. I really appreciate your telling me what you and your family found out. I think you did all the leg work for me. I have a really good idea of what to do now. I think I will buy breakfast vouchers for the character breakfasts when we have our grandkids( not often). Boma is our favorite place for Breakfast and I know that their breakfast cost, including Taxes and tip, are less than the voucher price.

What does VKL mean, Vacation kingdom Lunch?

Thanks for all your help and I have learned a lot from your vast experience.

Marylyn

dcfromva-

I also thank you for your reply to Marilyn (icy-dog), it has really helped me with making decisions re: which types & for how many meals.

I figured out your formula for Breakfast vouchers and the break even pt. Not to beat a dead horse, but I looked at the Concourse Cafe menu and the price for an omlette and coffee and juice is 12.77. Am I missing something here? Did he have fruit or pastry or something else to drive up the cost of his meal? I'm sorry if I am being obtuse but if I follow your example maybe the voucher thing might be worth it. What all is included in a breakfast voucher?
Thanks in advance for answering me yet again. I know I'm a pest.
Marylyn

I figured out your formula for Breakfast vouchers and the break even pt. Not to beat a dead horse, but I looked at the Concourse Cafe menu and the price for an omlette and coffee and juice is 12.77. Am I missing something here? Did he have fruit or pastry or something else to drive up the cost of his meal? I'm sorry if I am being obtuse but if I follow your example maybe the voucher thing might be worth it. What all is included in a breakfast voucher?
Thanks in advance for answering me yet again. I know I'm a pest.
Marylyn

(LOL) Don't forget the bakery item! DH had the Create Your Own Omelet (I lifted a menu--with permission, of course :) ): It is 8.99 served with 3 items ( DH had Ham, Onions, Green Peppers, tomatoes and cheddar -bleh I don't even see the tomatoes on the menu, but he asked for it and got it! ) each additional item beyond 3, add .99. Coffee 1.79, juice 1.99 and the bakery item was either toast 1.99 (or our favorite Sticky Mickey 2.99--worth going to the Concourse steakhouse all by itself IMHO).
One day both DH and DS ordered Steak and Eggs---DH let me have the steak and he ate the eggs :-)) but, that is not his favorite brekkie). Along with it, they each ordered hot chocolate, juice and 1 order of Sticky Mickey and 1 order of toast. DH and DS will often have more than one juice, too. They have always included it in the voucher. (These two can eat a lot for breakfast!)

There you go. Now I understand. The breakfast voucher includes a bakery item. BTW, I never heard of serving eggs without toast and potatoes. They should include them with eggs of any type. They do everywhere else.
Thanks a lot again.
Marylyn

There you go. Now I understand. The breakfast voucher includes a bakery item. BTW, I never heard of serving eggs without toast and potatoes. They should include them with eggs of any type. They do everywhere else.
Thanks a lot again.
Marylyn

Icy-dog,
They seem to have biscuits instead of toast at the Concourse Steak House--we didn't think to ask for toast, instead of a biscuit (I wonder if they would have allowed that--then, we could have ordered TWO Sticky Mickeys :) ). I'm pretty sure they had pototoes with the omelet and they may have also on the Steak and eggs--I remember "sharing" some potatoes with DH (they were really good) . The Steak and eggs also come with silver dollar pancakes!

Someone posted using breakfast voucher at Cinderella's Royal Table. Has anyone done this recently?

If so, how does it work -- when I made reservations for CRT breakfast I thought I understood that deposit per person was being charged to my credit card immediatley and balance is to be paid at meal.

If you present a breakfast voucher do they credit your card for the deposit then (i.e. give you a receipt indicating this ?). I always worry that a situation like this can end up causing me to pay twice. Specifically, I'm paying with a breakfast voucher but I'm still charged for deposit.

Also, what are best character breakfasts to use b'fast vouchers at? Is worthwhile to use them only for adults ?

Many thanks to all !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter