Anyone have the Cricut Imagine?

JJ&JHsmom

DIS Veteran
DH surprised me with a Cricut Imagine for Christmas, anyone have any tips? From what I have read it will not work with design studio, does it work with craftroom? If I connect it to my computer will it interfere with my expression and my SCAL?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

I would go to the Cricut message boards and ask your questions there. I got one last year on Black Friday as an impulse buy, but after reading about lots of problems and technical bugs, I returned it unopened. I really wanted the printing capabilities, but the issues people were having were significant.

Hope this helps!

I do have an imagine but admit i don't use it as much as my old expression, I did have issues. it is a very heavy machine so you really have to have it stationed where you want it.Any particular questions? As far as i know it does not yet connect to the Craft room, haven't tried it with the design studio but i have and do use it with my gypsy. Jackie

My neighbor has one and barely uses it. The cartridges that will print are pretty expensive and the ink is fairly expensive as well. She has SCAL that she uses with her expression though, so she doesn't use the craft room because she is afraid to upgrade. I have heard that once you upgrade to use craft room, that you might not be able to use SCAL anymore. I can not be cartridge based anymore-LOL

I know I use SCAL a lot and my Expression is on it's last leg. I personally plan on getting the cameo, which can pretty much do what the imagine can but without the expense of cartridges.
http://www.scrapyourstory.com/silhouette-cameo-review-print-and-cut/

On a positive note though, what a thoughtful husband. If you think that you will use it, then keep it!! I am sure you will make the decision that is best for you!! Good luck!!

Thanks ladies! DH told me if I wanted something different we could return the Imagine and get what I wanted. It was an impulse buy for him..... I have been reading reviews and I am a little scared of the problems with this machine. I would love a cameo though....

I got the Imagine earlier this year on a clearance at Walmart one day. It does work with the Cricut Craft Room but I did have some problems when I first took it out of the box. I don't have SCAL but when I read about it SCAL wouldn't work especially if you upgraded the programs which would be problem if you have SCAL. I did purchase a Cameo last month and the Cameo more than the Imagine now.

Hi I have one and love it. I'm working on my FE gifts and made so much magnets, wands and more. I also made lots of stuff for my daughters birthday party all her invites and signs and more. I'm very lucky to have a friend lend me all the cartridges. But you can make so much stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter