Anyone have the Compass Folding Booster Seat??

mom2aredhead

DIS Veteran
My almost 5 kindergarten son is still happily strapped into his Britax Wizard in a 5 pt harness on an everyday basis. But the thought of lugging that thing around the airport again...:eek:

Sooo...I'm thinking about getting the Compass folding booster to use in the rental at WDW in a few weeks, then leaving it at my Mom's for the random occasions he's in her car.

Has anyone had any experience with this seat? Good or Bad? It looks like it'll be easier for the airport since it folds....

TIA for any opinions!

My older boy has used it for over a year - we love it! It's awesome for travel, but we also love it for ease of use - it's so simple to just move it from car to car as needed. I wish my younger boy wasn't such a monkey and needed a 5-pt, because I'd definitely have him in one, too.

I'm pretty sure it will fit well in the overhead compartment. Just tell them it's a carseat when you board and they should be fine w/ that. We let AJ ride in part w/out his seat last time (bad move, he was 4.5yo and wanted it back!) and he had the folding Radian and it fit nicely overhead.

We just rent a car seat from the car rental place. It added a few dollars a day- but was worth it. Not having to lug those seats around was a life saver! I was nervous about what kind of seat we'd get- but I called ahead and was told that it would be a brand new seat. It ended up being a Cosco something or other- but was brand new. In fact we had to take it out of the box ourselves and install it ourselves. That was fine with me!
At home my girls ride in Britax Boulevards and I am a bit of a carseat snob- so this was a big step for me!
I would recommend calling ahead to ask about your rental company's car seat policy.
-Sarah

I would recommend calling ahead to ask about your rental company's car seat policy.
-Sarah

We rented a seat from Alamo last time and I was not happy with it at all. If I recall, my choices were a convertible seat that they say on the website will hold up to 40 lbs (he's heavier than that), or a backless booster, which I really don't like at his age.
I really don't want to bring my Britax Wizard, so that's why I was thinking about spending the $80 and getting the Folding booster. The rental is going to be $50 anyway...
UGH! Life was so much easier when we were kids and our parents just let us roll around in the back of the station wagon! :rotfl2:

UGH! Life was so much easier when we were kids and our parents just let us roll around in the back of the station wagon! :rotfl2:

Man, those were the days!!!! I remember riding in the back of my uncle's station wagon (with wood panel sides!), with my *7* cousins. Two of them - brothers - got in a fist fight, and it was total mayhem, but my uncle never even slowed down, lol.

We have two of those cars seats and love them. I have one for my truck and DH has one for his truck. My DD loves them because they are comfy and she can easliy buckle herself in, where she couldn't in our last car seat.

If you're really wanting to take one with you, Compass has a car seat back that perfect for the Compass one. It makes it a lot easier to travel with. We used it when we went to Chicago because the rental car we had did not have booster seats.

I'd recommend posting your question at car-seat.org. There are lots of wonderful people over there, including lots of CPSTs (Certified Child Passenger Safety Techs). They will be able to give you the most informed answer to your question, and if the Compass isn't the best option they'll give you some others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter