Anyone have the American Express Black Card?

I am familiar with both cards. neither are worth it unless you travel alot.

I had an AmEx platinum card for a while. The perks were nice, but I got rid of it because the customer service was terrible. They are not worth the money.

What the OP was offered was the knock off black visa which caters to the thousandairs which is not the same as the centurion which caters to the millionaires. On paper there is not much difference between the platinum Amex and the centurion. I have the platinum Amex as a personal card and the centurion is through the company I work for. Both have concierge service (centurion has a personal one) but both allow access to the vip lounges, rewards, extended warranties. The $500 is worth it if you travel a lot though.

There was a time when amex offered a "black" card (at least it looked black), but only in the New York market.

I've received a Visa Black offer in the mail before but I've never seen a AMEX Black card with only a 500 dollar annual fee. I find it hard to believe that they would be willing to run a deal cutting 2000 dollars off the annual fee. I have looked for a AMEX Black card that isn't the Centurion card but I can't find anything online that fits the bill.

Hopefully Traveliz will come back with some more info.

Well , here I am but nothing more to add at the moment. I will see if my stepson still has the paperwork and will share the info if so. Headed out of town ( to brrrr Chicago) til the middle of next week so this might not be a quick turnaround on info.

Liz

The AmEx Centurion card is commonly called the black card. It is made of metal and heavier than a normal AmEx card that is made of plastic. The fees are quite large. The customer service and perks are excellent. If you travel frequently, their concierge service is second to none. For someone who travels often, they may find the fees to be worth the cost. I have seen them go to great lengths to accommodate clients who had trouble on vacation or business trips.

The customer service and perks are excellent. If you travel frequently, their concierge service is second to none. For someone who travels often, they may find the fees to be worth the cost. I have seen them go to great lengths to accommodate clients who had trouble on vacation or business trips.

Yes they do! DH's uncle has a Centurion card... he and his wife flew out here for our wedding. His wife forgot her jewelry... she called Amex services and a car came with four sets of jewelry for her to "borrow" from, she ended up purchasing the set that she wore, almost like how I purchase underpants! It's like the joke that our entire wedding cost less than the jewelry that she wore to it! :P

I can't complain though... they bought and paid for our entire honeymoon as a wedding present!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter