• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have success with using DVC confirmation # for online ADRs?

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
So, here we go again. Ever since online ADR has been up, I, as well as many other DVC members can't retrieve reservations on Disney site. This is very old news... I just tried, and again, no go. I called MS, and spoke to someone who hadn't even heard of this problem - are you serious? She was no help at all, and spoke to me like I didn't know what I was talking about. WTH?

I can make my ADRs tomorrow, but I wanted to check on system, to see if Disney had fixed the problem, but it looks like they haven't. I've tried in several parts of website, and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm missing something, which is quite possible, as I've had a very exhausting holiday season due to the death of my beloved aunt. I am trying to get into Disney mode to ease some of my sadness, but this continual problem is just making me frustrated.

Anyone else have success with getting their DVC reservation to retrieve for online ADRs lately? Thanks, Tiger

EDITED TO ADD: I just played around with it some more, and it worked! The tech Gods are shining down on me today. Sorry!

I finally had success booking online ADR's after many frustrating failures. When making dining reservations online, you have to click where it says "retrieve my reservation". Then enter your DVC reservation number along with the name which the original reservation was made and you won't have any problems. Here is a thread which helped me to successfully book my online ADR's, click here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2317262
Be sure to read Post #3 for detailed directions. If you still have problems, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it. Good luck.

When making dining reservations online, you have to click where it says "retrieve my reservation". Then enter your DVC reservation number along with the name which the original reservation was made and you won't have any problems. Here is a thread which helped me to successfully book my online ADR's, click here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2317262
Be sure to read Post #3 for detailed directions. If you still have problems, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it. Good luck.

Thanks - I edited it a few minutes after posting, that I actually did have success afterall. Yesterday and early this morn, it was giving me problems, so I took a few minutes, and came back to it, and it worked!

Thanks again, Tiger :)

Here's a question. We are staying on points in June and I booked all my dining reservations and it never asked for a reservation number, I have confirmation numbers on all my ADRs, did I do something wrong?

Here's a question. We are staying on points in June and I booked all my dining reservations and it never asked for a reservation number, I have confirmation numbers on all my ADRs, did I do something wrong?

No, I have never entered my reservation to book dining.

I like to make sure that my hotel reservation is there, and linked to my ADRs as last year, when online first came out, I had many problems with my bookings. Lots of double bookings, cancellations (despite me receiving cancellation emails), and the biggest of all, Concierge couldn't find my ADRs within my resort reservation. So, this year, I wanted to check that my resort reservation was there, and then l can link it to my ADRs. This way if there are any issues, it might be easier to handle since it's linked to my resort reservation.:thumbsup2

As mentioned though, you don't need your resort reservation. If you Logged into your account though, it seems to automatically pick up that there might be a reservation there (this happened to me yesterday).

Good luck, Tiger

Can you link your DVC reservation to your disneyworld.com account? Sorry for all the questions, this is our first trip since we bought in!

If you're making dining reservations for 180 days or less out, you do not need your reservation number to confirm. If you're doing your dining reservations where you're booking more than 180 days out, you can only do so by using your confirmation number. I believe you are allowed to make dining reservations starting at 180 days out plus an additional 10 days after check in. This simply means you can actually book up to 190 days out if you're staying in a Disney resort. This gives you an advantage of getting into the more popular restaurants like Le Cellier and Chef Mickey's which typically book up instantly.

Can you link your DVC reservation to your disneyworld.com account? Sorry for all the questions, this is our first trip since we bought in!

Yes but you will still need your DVC confirmation number for ADR's.

I just booked my ADRs for my June trip today. It never asked me for my reservation number, and I have my confirmation email in my iphone if I need it. It was very simple and I got whatever I wanted when I wanted it!

No, I have never entered my reservation to book dining.

Me either. I rather just leave everything alone.
I booked all my ADRs without any problems for the week before Easter and had many times to choose from where I wanted to book.
I, so far, like the new ADR bookings online.

I have never booked online. Where can I find instructions and the website?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

Select the restaurant you want to make an ADR for and click the 'Book a Reservation' button. Once the booking engine loads, look for the following:

Resort Guests & Dining Plan
If you have a Resort reservation or would like to use your Disney Dining Plan for this meal, please retrieve your reservation.

Click on the words 'retrieve your reservation' if you want to enter your room reservation number.

I loved using the online reservations system as soon as I remembered putting in my reservation number. It linked all of my reservations to my stay and it the system knew I had the DDP. Very cool system.:thumbsup2

I had much success this morning with it retrieving my reservation, and getting all of my ADRs! This is the 3rd time I've made ressies online, and I really like it. I wish that Disney would allow for all reservations within a guest's portfolio to come up under My Vacation as one single list - just like we get from Concierge. This would make the system even better!

Good luck to all - once I retrieved my reservation, my 180 + 10 days popped up, and I was good to go! Since we go for 14 days, I still have another few days to go before I can complete my ADRs.

Tiger :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter