Anyone have Ressies for Aulani soon?

anniet

DIS Veteran
Just wondering...a friend of mine called me and told me she has a friend who had a ressie for a studio for one of the first few weeks that Aulani is supposed to open. She was supposedly called by DVC and told that she will not be able to stay in a DVC room and will be moved to the resort part of Aulani. Wondering if this has to do with construction or with the whole DVC/Hawaii mess??????:confused3

Anyone heard anything????

What is the DVC/Hawaii mess? I have a ressie for 9/18 - 9/28....I hope it will be ok....?!

The initial annual dues were under estimated and as a result, Jim Lewis (President of DVC) and two others were fired. An internal audit determined the amount was so low that it could not cover operating costs of the resort.

Sales were halted so DVC could recalculate dues and update the registration with the State of HI. Those that had already purchased Aulani will be getting their annual dues subsidized.

There were some rumblings several months back of a few members being called and moved to hotel rooms, BUT nothing recently. That friend of a friend may be actually back in her studio. While that may be a "mess" to that friend, it is not the current DVC mess.

Have those people ever posted back what happened to their reservations?

WE check in tomorrow for a 4 night Test Stay. :-)

Awesome! :cool1: Please post and let us know your thoughts. I am very excited about hearing what everyone thinks about the resort!

Enjoy, I am definately jealous! ;)

This happened to us in a two bedroom. We are staying august 29th for four nights. DVc called a few months ago saying they did not have any two bedrooms and moved us to two hotel rooms. They called back a few weeks ago saying we are moved back to the two bedroom. It has nothing to do with what is going on with the stop of sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter