Anyone have recent pics of Grande Villas Resort-Formerly Cypress Pointe Grande Villas

mommy2taylor

Earning My Ears
We are getting ready to book this place for a great price, but I was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently that has some pictures of the kitchen, living room, bedroom. I understand that there are 2 different parts, they cypress pointe and the grand villas parts. When I search, I see 2 different decors, so I am not sure if one is old and one is updated recently... Any feedback? I do see varying reviews.

I found more about the sister resort Cypress Pointe. From what I understand they are sister resorts on opposite sides of the street. I am looking for someone who has stayed at the Grand Villas within the last 6 months or so...

I found more about the sister resort Cypress Pointe. From what I understand they are sister resorts on opposite sides of the street. I am looking for someone who has stayed at the Grand Villas within the last 6 months or so...

I'd suggest going to this recent post. DisBoard member greenclan67 just completed a 13 night stay at Grande Villas Resort this morning and has been most forthcoming about what she's seen at the resort. I'm guessing that today is a travel day for her but if you ask her about the resort I'm sure she'll respond soon.

BTW, Cypress Pointe Resort and Grande Villas Resort are entirely separate resorts that are indeed side-by-side and only divided by the little street that runs between the properties. Guests at either are apparently still allowed to use the amenities at either (because of the lay-out if would be almost impossible to keep people from using them). Once ongoing refurbishment efforts at Grande Villas are completed both of these resorts should be right up to date.

Dick Taylor

Also check out the photos at the Grande Villas section of the Diamond Resorts website (Diamond is the management company hired by the Grande Villas property owners association to run the resort). I'm not sure how new all the photos there are but the villa interior photos show something a lot newer and fresher than what we had in our villa during our 2008 stay.

Dick Taylor

Also check out the photos at the Grande Villas section of the Diamond Resorts website (Diamond is the management company hired by the Grande Villas property owners association to run the resort). I'm not sure how new all the photos there are but the villa interior photos show something a lot newer and fresher than what we had in our villa during our 2008 stay.

Dick Taylor

Which is which? we have stayed at the rooms which were NOT on the side of the volcano pool. PM me if you like.

Which is which? we have stayed at the rooms which were NOT on the side of the volcano pool. PM me if you like.

Cypress Pointe Resort is the resort with the volcano pool. Grande Villas Resort (formerly Cypress Pointe Grande Villas) is across the street and I think that the Grande Villas buildings are taller buildings than those on the Cypress Pointe side. So you were in what's now known as Grande Villas Resort.

Dick Taylor

I'd suggest going to this recent post. DisBoard member greenclan67 just completed a 13 night stay at Grande Villas Resort this morning and has been most forthcoming about what she's seen at the resort. I'm guessing that today is a travel day for her but if you ask her about the resort I'm sure she'll respond soon.

BTW, Cypress Pointe Resort and Grande Villas Resort are entirely separate resorts that are indeed side-by-side and only divided by the little street that runs between the properties. Guests at either are apparently still allowed to use the amenities at either (because of the lay-out if would be almost impossible to keep people from using them). Once ongoing refurbishment efforts at Grande Villas are completed both of these resorts should be right up to date.

Dick Taylor

Hi there, Yes it was a travelling day for us.......YUCK!!! I am so sad to be home!!! We had a wonderful vacation and it was hard to leave. The weather was amazing, and just great!
I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but will take a look at what I have. Anything with stainless steel appliances, and light and dark brown granite countertop, none of the blues or pastels are left at all!
We really loved Grande Villas, ( they are the side without the volcano and with elevators) this is our 3rd stay here, and by far the best year we have had there as far as activities, cleanliness, and even the internet worked. It was still spotty but at least now it is wireless. Dont' hesitate to stay it is wonderful!

Greenclan67 your description helped, will all of the units be done by sept you think? thanks btw for the referral, i was able to get a good price from Basil

Greenclan67 your description helped, will all of the units be done by sept you think? thanks btw for the referral, i was able to get a good price from Basil

HI there, I am not sure if they will all be done, they were working on them while I was there! They are also working on the new check in building! There are only 2.5 buildings left to renovate, so your chances are high you will get a new one! Glad it worked out with Basil, he is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter