• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have problems with onboard bookings?

melaniejh1016

Mouseketeer
I booked a future cruise while on board. I booked 2 rooms one for us and one for friends. Well when we got home my reservation was confirmed but not our friends. My travel agent called Disney and they can't locate any record of the 2nd reservation! It was on the same form so I am so confused how they screwed that up! They are "looking into it" since yesterday but now I am getting nervous that they won't find it and they will be out the 10% discount and onboard credit :-(

I thought you could only book one room with the 10% discount, unless you had adults with different addresses in the cabin, and then they could book 1 cabin each.

Were your friends onboard to get the discount? I had thought the discount only applied to people who are actually on board. I didn't realize I could get friends discounts?

There is room for 2 bookings. They told me I could get the 2 rooms and I have them the names for the 2nd room. They even quoted me the price which looked to have the 10% discount also.

I thought you could only book one room with the 10% discount, unless you had adults with different addresses in the cabin, and then they could book 1 cabin each.

The current policy is 2 rooms for the same cruise date per address cruising. The only exception is if you book a B2B.

I booked a future cruise while on board. I booked 2 rooms one for us and one for friends. Well when we got home my reservation was confirmed but not our friends. My travel agent called Disney and they can't locate any record of the 2nd reservation! It was on the same form so I am so confused how they screwed that up! They are "looking into it" since yesterday but now I am getting nervous that they won't find it and they will be out the 10% discount and onboard credit :-(

Did you pay the deposit for the 2nd cabin? If not then the courtesy hold most likely expired and the reservation cancelled.

They were supposed to charge both deposits to my Amex. So far neither has shown up but my reservation is under my account online and theirs is still MIA. They are "investigating it" ugh :-(

So my reservation deposit showed up on the credit card finally but still nothing on the 2nd room. My travel agent said Disney has expedited it to customer service but they need to find the paper trail. I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of the future booking paper before signing it and turning it in :-(

I had one where the deposit didn't show up as paid even though I gave the onboard guy the credit card info. Fortunately, I caught it before the 'courtesy hold' expired.

Always a good idea to check that the reservation is as it should be as soon as you can after you book it. Regardless, they should be able to fix this for you as it's their error.

We have received printed confirmations from the onboard booking agent for every one we've made, including just last spring. Do they not do this anymore?

We had 2 staterooms for our family and thought we could book two different dates but were promptly pointed to the brochure which states:
This offer is limited to two staterooms on one future cruise date (per household sailing). Any additional staterooms on the date booked onboard will only receive the onboard credit portion of the offer. Additional sail dates can be booked onboard at the current prevailing rates.

I don't like the policy and feel they should allow me to book two separate dates based off the two different staterooms we just occupied. They also said the rooms had to be for those that sailed. :confused3

Meghatron said:
We have received printed confirmations from the onboard booking agent for every one we've made, including just last spring. Do they not do this anymore?

They did not provide me with any confirmations! They told me it would be emailed to me when I got back. That never happened either but my travel agent was able to find out reservation and send it to me. It's the 2nd room we booked for friends that is still missing in action.

I've heard of others booking for people not onboard and on our last cruise we were able to book for others for our same sail date that were not onboard but was told it was an exception to not have one of us in their rooms but was so much more open to let the bookings happen.

This time the person that helped us was a little cranky. She was sick the prior days but had to work that Wed/Thurs due to the new dates/itineraries announced and it was super busy so that might have impacted her. She would not let us book another room for another family. They turned away on the spot business as far as I'm concerned.

I filled out a DCL survey not too long ago asking if I'd like self serve rebooking kiosks and I would totally love that!

I don't think they care what the surveys say. For the first time ever in my cruising history I gave not so nice reviews on the Dream and no one contacted me for specifics. My travel agent even submitted a formal complaint about a major issue we had and they basically replied with a standard form letter apology. Weak!

We booked in October for ourselves and our daughter and family (they were not on the cruise.) We thought everything had been processed as we had given our credit card info and permission to charge deposits for both staterooms to our account. I had transferred the bookings to our travel agent. When I arrived home and checked my credit card, I realized that the second (DD's) deposit had not been charged. I called DCL and asked about it. After putting me on hold for about 15 minutes, they told me my reservation was confirmed, but DD's had not been "completed." They were able to give me a reservation number, although since I had transferred the bookings, they were unable to give me any additional info or accept any payments. Everything had to go through the travel agent. We were finally able to work it all out, but it would have been so much easier if someone had just done their job like they were supposed to.

zellda said:
We booked in October for ourselves and our daughter and family (they were not on the cruise.) We thought everything had been processed as we had given our credit card info and permission to charge deposits for both staterooms to our account. I had transferred the bookings to our travel agent. When I arrived home and checked my credit card, I realized that the second (DD's) deposit had not been charged. I called DCL and asked about it. After putting me on hold for about 15 minutes, they told me my reservation was confirmed, but DD's had not been "completed." They were able to give me a reservation number, although since I had transferred the bookings, they were unable to give me any additional info or accept any payments. Everything had to go through the travel agent. We were finally able to work it all out, but it would have been so much easier if someone had just done their job like they were supposed to.

Sounds like you had a similar issue as us then. I just wish it would get resolved already. It's been 2 weeks and still nothing! They say it was expedited but I don't believe it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter