Anyone have pictures and/or memories of Nickelodeon Studios?

jheigl

Spaceship Earth Junky
Just wondering if anyone has any pictures or memories or stories they would like to share of Nickelodeon Studios. I was there as a kid and sort of remember some things, but a lot I don't remember. I would love to see pictures, since about 1995 was the last year I saw the studios or anything in Orlando, and since I have gone back over the last couple years, obviously Nick Studios is gone.

These are the only two pictures I have:

JimmyNeutron.jpg

NickStudios2.jpg

I vaguely remember Nick Studios (and vaguely remember a tour). I think I have more memories watching Nick on TV, than the Studios.

You can google the pictures....not to difficult to track down...

Despite Nick Studios no longer being at the park, the legacy still lives on. There are some plaques from Nick shows (Salute Your Shorts, for example) displayed in the studio where they film the TNA wrestling show. And there is a Nick-Hotel in the Orlando area (535, I believe?!?) outside of the Disney property, that comes close to the Nick Studios. That's worth checking out...

Yeah, I know I can google pictures. I was more or less looking for some stories from people with pictures included if they had them!!! Thanks for the other info though! Good to know!!

Sadly I dont have any pictures, but I remember when the Nick studios were there!

Way back in 1999 we went to Universal but we didnt take our then toddler son, and I thought about going in to see the live taping of Double Dare (I think it was). But we werent sure how long taping would end up being (it could last 2 hours or more) so we decided not to do it. But I remember the cool fountain/slime thing that was out front and I spent an obscene amount of $ on gifts with FACE for my son from the stand they had set up right outside.

Do yall remember FACE from the Nick channel? My son loved that...
face.jpg

I took the tour the first year we went with my litte brother. I think they were only filmign shows for the spinoff network GAS by then and nothing filming the day we were there. I did get picked for the game they played mid-tour, or near the end. We had to toss giant cookies into the pants of our partner. I sucked hardcore, but then I'm never good at sports, of any kind.

i was there in 2003 on my senior class trip. It was fun i remembering waiting in a line for a lil while and going and seeing a show. It was just an audience participation show. I remember some people sitting in baby pools and getting slimed. I was so bummed i didnt get picked i always wanted to be slimed lol. It was a fun time! i was very sad to see that its not there anymore.

I got slimed on my 13th b-day. I used to have the t-shirt and certificate that came with it. If only they could have been saved....

I remember going a few times and doing the studio tour. One of the times we went we saw a taping of Gullah Gullah Island.

We went a few times while NIck studios was still there. You'd wait in a line outside the building and then they'd take you in and up some stairs (if I remember correctly) From there you'd look down into the live sets and could watch filming. Once when we were there they were filming "Hey Dude" and another time a high school show. After that they'd take you downstairs and you'd be in an audience participation show. They play games. They picked an audience member to be slimed. In between each game they'd bring out the person and "slime" them but it would either be cofetti or the slime wouldn't come out. Finally after the last game that person would get the real slime.

After the game we went down a back hallway where we could taste the slime.

Of coure there was that slime fountain that would go off every 30 minutes outside of the buliding also.

I miss the backlot tour they used to have too.

We saw them taping Clarissa Explains It All and All That. The slime was something like lime pudding my kids got to try it. We did the tour several times, my kids always enjoyed it. They also had the Partridge Family bus out there and the slime fountain plus you could play video games while you were waiting to take the tour. That's all my feeble mind can remember for now.

On our first trip to Universal, my daughter was only 5 and she was thrilled to be able to go to Nick Studios. I don't believe anything was taping at the time, but we did see a little show out front where some kids got slimed. Then we took a tour of the studios and saw a game show inside. It was really the highlight of her trip that year (as well as seeing Barney in person!). Now she's 17. This was back in 1997.

10134US_1997_3.jpg

I remember the Nickelodeon Studios tour - back form 1991. I rememeber the slime gyeser erupting every now and then out front. I thuoght the tour was lame and really geared to young kids - I was in my teens at the time and had long since figured out that green slime was not a horrid, unsavory mixture from watching old You Can't Do That on Television epsiodes [in which it sometimes looked like green food coloring in milk and other times looked like green runny oatmeal]. I think they only let a few kids taste the slime, and I remember one kid getting slimed, but we didn't see any shows in production.

I have to see if I have any old photos at home I can scan.

I remember going a few times and doing the studio tour. One of the times we went we saw a taping of Gullah Gullah Island.

Oh my the memories of my DGD and I watching Binya Binya Polywog. We loved that show well all the shows. I think Alegra was on Nick too. We got her the Alegra doll and she's 13 and still has it. I wish they'd bring them all back.

I took the tour the first year we went.

I did get picked for the game they played mid-tour, or near the end. We had to toss giant cookies into the pants of our partner.

We also took the tour. I remember that my husband and our niece got selected for the game. In DH's case, he had to wear giant pants and use them to try to catch the rubber chickens that our niece shot at him.

We were disappointed when it shut down.

Thanks for the memories all! Hopefully we can get some more!

I remember going in I think 1993. Seeing the Slime Geyser in person was awesome. I also remember seeing the sets for Clarissa Explains It All and I think Roundhouse but they weren't filming.

I also remember watching Nickelodeon at home and always thinking it was cool how they showed at the end saying that the show was filmed at Nickelodeon Studios in Universal Studios in Orlando.

My last trip was in December 2003 and I was looking forward to going back but it wasn't anything like it used to be. They told us they haven't filmed there in years and didn't get to go upstairs. They took us on a quick tour and we went to the gameshow room. I was really disapointed and then saw a few weeks I think later it closed for good. I guess it's time was up kind of like how I think the network itself has gone really downhill. It seems like it tries to be MTV Jr. now.

For the previous poster mentioning Gullah Gullah Island, it is still on Noggin at 4 a.m.

so left out i never had the chance to go on tour as many times as i went as a kid and i grew up on nick im 27 now :)

wow that sounds awesome! I can't belive they used to tape real shows there. What became of Nick Studios? Have they turned it into another attraction? Do they tape anything there now, or is everything filmed in Hollywood?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter