Anyone have input on Cabins 2608, 2610, 2612?

LiserAnn

DIS Veteran
We're cruising the Magic July 30th (2005-Mexican Rivieria) and our "gang" has been assigned cabins 2608, 2610, 2612 -- Deck 2, category 9 rooms. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these cabins...noise level, location, etc. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks much!!!

Lisa ::MinnieMo

I have room 2502, so I am curious as well. I am sailing on the May 22 western. In ten days I will know the answers! I will let you know the answers when I get back! Have a great trip.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Grizzy15,
If it's not too much trouble, could you give me your opinion of 2122/2124 ? It is on the "Noisy room" list so I'm a little paranoid, but we need adjoining rooms and apparently don't have a lot of options to change. I'm curious if the rooms are next to something noisy, or what. THANK YOU!!!:)

Lisa--I think you will like where you are at very much. We just got off the Magic, rooms 2018 and 2020. We liked being forward but we really just like the fact that we get off the elevator and we are right close to our rooms. You have that same advantage Aft. Also you will be able to go right up the Aft elevators to the Deck 9 and the pool. Those elevators tend to be more crowded because of the pool and Topsiders and Scoops but it isn't bad. And if you use the stairs you only go up 1 flight to Parrot Cay and 1 more flight to Animators and Shutters. It will be great! Enjoy your cruise!!! Debi

Thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking...we're close to the elevators/stairs and dining is just above so we can get there quickly. With three families and each of having 2 kids, that will work great for us. We're all up for using stairs to avoid crowds/delays (and burn off those extra desserts, yum :hyper: ). I'm also concerned about noise. I keep reading on different threads that Deck 2 can be noisey, especially aft. Engine hum doesn't bother us, more like hydraulic noises and of course hearing people from above or music, etc. One of my kids is a HORRIBLE sleeper...wakes up easily (not bothered by white noise though) and my other kid needs water thrown on his face to wake up. So, I'm more worried about my light sleeper.

Thanks!!!! Lisa

LiserAnn,

We stayed in room 2110 for our cruise last February and loved it! Room 2110 is opposite room 2610. The location was great because we were near the aft elevators, but not close enough to hear noisy people getting off. We used the stairs a lot - it was faster and gave us more exercise. The only time we were sorry we used the stairs was when we went all the up to Deck 9. That was quite a work-out! We had no problem with noise from above (our room was under the Promenade Lounge). We were pleasantly surprised that we didn't hear noise from out in the hall. We have stayed at several hotels where people run through the halls and laugh and talk late at night. That is so annoying! We did hear a little engine noise, particularly when the ship was docking. For our cruise next February, we are staying in room 2532. We picked a room on the other side of the ship and in the forward section just to get a different perspective. I think Deck 2 is a great location!

Have fun on your cruise!

Gayl

We are staying in 2608 next Frebruary, we were in 2573 this past february and loved it, as we booked on the cruise, we had a chance "to check out" 2608, and I thought that it was a great cabin, excelent location. I know we will love having a porthole next time.
We did love the convenience of deck 2.

I would like to echo what everybody else is saying. Deck 2 is great!!! I would like to add that you are also one deck from getting off the ship at each port (Deck 1). So if you think of it that way, you're centrally located. However, you are a little bit away from the pools and other activity which is on decks 9 and 10. DW and I found that to not be a problem tho. We have been on Deck 2 both times and once again in December this year. We have been mid-ship each time. Deck 2 to us is pretty quiet.:wave2:

Ok I have to throw the monkey wrench in, sorry, but I have to. We stayed in 2612 on our cruise in 2002, the room location was great BUT the room had an awful sewage odor that we had to put towels under the bathroom door where the bathtub was to keep the odor out of the room, bad situation, as it was so bad we were gagging, but there is no window to open.

Anyway since then, I have read on these boards that sewer odors on cruise ships is not uncommon and you can run water and the odor will dissipate. If I had known that I would have constantly left the bathtub running to get rid of the odor. They finally changed our cabin after 3 days, but that is another story. I am cruising one more time and have a SPR, am seriously thinking of upgrading to a veranda because of our last experience but there weren't any cabins that slept 4 left, will try at the port, just in case. Having a SPR booked is consoling me a little, as if it was a room that had a sewage odor problem, I'm sure it would have been posted.

Again, I'm sure that the problem has been addressed as the ship has even been in dry dock since then.

Joanna

Joanna-I did read the thread about your awful experience...what an ordeal, is all I can say! I had sympathy for you when you wrote you didn't want to complain about one more thing for fear they would think you guys were complainers or something. It seems like when one thing goes sour, everything gets tainted.

After reading your post I just was hoping perhaps the problem has been fixed or at least hoping so. We really want three rooms together...everything is BOOKED!!!! There's only a few rooms left and those are not desirable (to me anyway). I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your input!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter