anyone have info on picnic cruise?

Super_Grover

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard or booked reservations for the picnic cruise which I believe is offered at Fort Wilderness? is it still available? any info would be appreciated. We've been going to Disney regularly now for several year and we like to try different things. This morning while researching cruises it mentioned picnic cruise. I'd like to thank everyone ahead of time for all your help. Our family has benefited from many tips given from the boards. Now that I got my first post out of the way I hope to help and contribute as much as many of you have. This truely is a fantastic site! thanks again

I've never heard of a picnic cruise and I tried to do a search on it and nothing came up. If it's associated with Ft. Wilderness it may be worth posting this question on camping board, maybe they'll be able to help? People on the camping board are pretty helpful when it comes to Ft. Wilderness. Good luck!

I have never heard of it, but sounds interesting. I will try to see what I can find out.

Super_Grover, Welcome to the DIS!

I read a post a week or two ago asking about the picnic cruise. Unfortunately, there was no information given. I would suggest calling CRO or the WL and getting information from them. I'd love to hear what you find out.

....................five minutes later

I just got off the phone with folks at WDW-PLAY and they were unfamiliar with a picnic cruise. What she did mention was that you could grab some food from counter sevice or maybe buy a pizza or subs and rent a pontoon boat from one of the resorts and go on your own floating picnic. If you do this you should be able to rent a boat when it's nice instead of risking poor weather. The only down side is if they run out of rentals. So you should try for the boat maybe the night before.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I finally got a chance to research again today and found out where I originally saw the info. It's at Deb's site www.wdwig.com at Wilderness L odge fact sheet. info states afternoon cruise from WL or Cont which tours Bay Lake or 7 Seas Lagoon includes driver, salad, sandwiches, chips, soda and cookies 2 times around 12:45 and 2pm cost around $175 for 1 to4 $200 for 5to6 people. I thought over the holidays this might be a great release from the crowds. Not sure if still available, but plan on your suggestions and calling hopefully tomorrow. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks again

I learn something new and interesting about WDW on these boards on a daily basis.I've been over 25 times and didn't have a clue this was a option at WDW.::yes:: :wave2: :scratchin :wizard:

I just got off the phone with a gentleman from WDW-PLAY and he also said that he hadn"t heard of the picnic cruise. So at this time I booked a fishing excusion (which we have done several times) and a horse drawn carriage ride at Po (which we haven't done) I'm still going to see if I can get any other info on this because with past experience I've had to call several times until I got someone that knew about whatever program i was checking into. (lunch with an artist, info on times for electric water pageant, amongst other programs). It is possible that it's no longer available so I may take jdads2 suggestion and just book a pontoon and bring our own picnic so thanks jdads2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter