anyone have experience doing Disney in crocs flip flops?

I wear Crocs about 90% of the time every day!! I wear them to work because I'm on my feet all day. I wear socks with them because it's mandatory.

At WDW, I wear Crocs because I don't like my feet to be hot, I don't have any problems and my feet and legs hold up well all day long!! I like it because I can kick them off when relaxing on a park bench or outdoor table!!!

When we get off a wet ride, my feet dry quick whereas everyone else wearing socks and shoes complain about wet feet!!

I don't recall the name of the exact styles I have, but I call mine by color!!

I wore 2 pair of my crocs (Patricia) to the parks last time. This time I am bring both the Patricia and Patricia II, two in brown and two in black. I think it helps if you wear out the shoes before going. The nubs will give you blisters if you wear them for a long period of time when they are new.

I also throw mine in the dryer when I first get them, put on a pair of socks once they are hot and wear them to stretch out the straps. I do this every time I get a new pair - otherwise I would have to wait for them to break in and stretch out with wearing them.

This time I think I am going to get some of the moleskin stuff everyone is talking about, because I did get blisters on the bottom of my fourth toes last time. I think it was from sweating so much and not switching out the types of shoes.

Loved mine, have wore them in WDW twice. AUG and NOV

I switch with 3 pair of shoes when I go. Last visit (2011) I brought a pair of Sketcher flip flops that I had been wearing for over a month and in 2 hrs, I had blisters. go figure:sad2:

So it was Croc Flip Flops almost exclusively and walking shoes/socks.

I'm in the minority but I don't like mine at all. I have the Athens -- I think they are more uncomfortable than my cheap ON ones! Love my Reefs and Mush's though!!

i've worn regular crocs and variou flip-flop style crocs. ALL ave me blisters (even with moleskin, drying, etc).

since i've switched to tevas (and occassionally FIT-flops), nary a blister :cool1: i do walk a lot at WDW: through the parks multiple times, to/fro DHS and EPCOT from the BW. since i don't go on many rides (wandering and shows are more my idea of fun), and we don't take transportation if we can walk somewhere, the miles add up quickly.

love my tevas:thumbsup2

I haven't done WDW in Croc flip flops but a leather thong flip flop is my favorite way to tour the parks during the day (I change into something nicer in the evening, even if its just a ballet flat or gladiator sandal).

Have a great trip!

Just bought some croc Capri flip flops to try out for my sept trip.. Always have been a sneaker girl in the parks but going to try it out. May start with a zoo trip before bringing them to Disney... All that walking still makes me nervous without tennis shoes! I run and walk at least 3-5 miles a day and cannot picture myself making it in flip flops, lol...

Ok. So I love my Crocs Capri flip flops. They are perfect for normal day to day stuff or pool side. But- I will not ever again wear them to WDW for a full day in the parks!! Those little nubs on the bottom turn painful after wearing them for a few hours. The bottom of my feet absolutely kill by the end of the day. The only sandals I've successfully worn were Skechers tone ups flip flops. Those were awesome! I also have an older pair of Skechers sandals that have a tennis shoe bottom, they were pretty good too.

I never even made it to Disney in mine. They hurt my feet so bad because if the little bumps under my feet. I sold them in a yard sale for two dollars! :rotfl:

I have never had an issue with my yellow box flp flops though. I have worn them on the last few trips and they have been great!

On our trip in 2010, I spent the first few days in my home regular flip flops. Cut my foot to shreds! So in epcot, there was a croc stand. I got some flip flops. LOVE THEM! i have worn them for 2 years now. they are great. even have little mickey head cut outs on the strap :) they are sadly starting to wear down so i will be picking up some more before out next trip this year
i recommend the croc flops. they might not be the best looking, but they are comfy! :thumbsup2

I used to have a pair of crocs flip flops, but I tend to have a problem with any of them that have the croslite material on the top straps. Footbed is fine, but I couldn't stand the plastic on the top - made my foot horribly sweaty (mind you this was in Houston in the summer, not at WDW.) I used to have another pair that were fabric upper and I'd have taken those in a heartbeat, but the model was discontinued. :sad2:

Against DP's advice, I got a pair of New Balance flip flops and broken them in for about two weeks before our trip. Took tennis shoes too but never wanted them, the NB ones were a dream! I walk about 3/4 of a mile each way to work daily and sadly they wear out fast, but I'm still planning to get another pair for our trip this year.

My wife wore her croc flops on our last trip, loved them. Hers had leather upper strap though. She did put a small piece of moleskin in between her toes to protect from rubbing from the strap, but otherwise no prob, and she said she's wearing them again in 3 weeks!

Sent from my HTC HERO CM7.1 using the DISBoards App

LOVE my croc capri flip flops! I bought my first pair after a looong day at Universal Orlando when I felt like my feet couldn't go on any more. Now I will also say I have major trauma to my left leg and knee from an accident. So after leaving the park we went into one of the shops in the City Walk area and that's where my love of crocs began! Bought a pair of capri flip flops and my feet felt like they were in heaven! :littleangel: Seriously the whole rest of the day I kept exclaiming I felt like I was walking on clouds. Funny because before that I was never much of a flip flop person, now I am a convert. I actually can't stand wearing sneakers all day during a whole trip at disney anymore. My feet feel way too confined especially when they inevitably begin to swell. Now during most of my disney vacations I wear croc capri flip flops exclusively. In the cold months that I have gone Nov-Jan I switch between various warmer croc shoes and occasionally sneakers. At home all summer I wear my croc capri's that I have in almost every color they have as well. And around the house/yard I wear my athens. Athens are great for around the house/yard since they easily wash off. I am sooo happy I have found a shoe/flip flop that is comfortable to wear. :goodvibes And as others have said if wearing any crocs be careful in the rain.... no running.

Croc Athens are the only things I'll wear to WDW or DL or summer trips. I'm not a fan of Crocs either, but there are the only footwear that's comfortable enough to get me through the day. I can be somewhat vain, but not enough to let my shoes ruin a good time!

I wear Crocs Beach with moisture wicking socks. If it. rains I quickly take the socks off. I dry my feet and the Crocs and put the socks back on when the rain passes.

At home I wear the Olivia and nicer styles with no socks, but I can't get away with that at WDW as my feet sweat in the heat.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Unfortunately, I can't find new canvas ones (they were the best!) and I am usually anti-Crocs for adults;)
If you have material uppers, the Crocs should be fine...but as one poster stated, be sure to wipe your feet/shoes if they get wet.
Enjoy!

My wife has a pair and tried it one trip, but after a few hours, they began to hurt her feet. She prefers regular flip flops.

I have the Crocs Cleo sandals, and they are very comfortable. I do trade them on and off with my sneakers while at WDW.

Another vote for the Cleo! They are very close to the ground and my heels never slip off them when I get wet. They are not a flip flop though...no toe thong. I bought the Disney flip flops last year in Epcot and they weren't as comfy as the cleo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter