• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have BWI suggestions?

sofifi97

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying at the BWI arriving June 6th for 6 nights. I've stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it, I know they're both deluxes but how do they compare otherwise?
Any experiences with the kids center at BWI? I have a 5 yr old who loved the kids programs at GF and BC.
I have 2 standard room views booked... what am I likely to be looking at?
Any tips from the BWI veterans? Like things to avoid and others to seek out?

Thanks in advance!

sofifi97

Hi. Be sure to read the BWI FAQ thread on this board, that will answer many of your questions about room locations.

I think I read that the Harbor Club is now closed... can someone else confirm that? When we stayed there we used the Sandcastle Club because it was larger with more to do.

My DS was 6 and DD was 9 when we stayed at BWI. They loved the Luna Park pool and Keister Coaster slide. They also enjoyed the entertainers and atmosphere on the BW at night, very family oriented.

I've stayed at both YC and BWI and like BWI *much* better. YC comes across as more stuffed shirt to me -- more formal in a way than even the GF (which I love also). My advice is just to ask if they have a nice view available for you -- you might have to wait to get a room until the afternoon, though. (but you might have to wait regardless) We've stayed in 3211 and another room with a view of the garden cottage suites (I'll post again if I can remember or find the room number) but both times we'd reserved a standard view. 3211 had a king bed though, so not sure if it will work for you. (it also had a full balcony, not a tiny one.

Be sure to explore the resort -- there are so many neat old-time carnival machines, like fortune telling machines, games, etc. It's a lovely, lovely place.

I'll have to look more closely next time before posting, didn't catch the bwi thread.
Thanks for the reply.

sofifi97

Glad to help, that thread doesn't jump out at you.:D

Be sure to post a review of BWI or a trip report when you return.:sunny:

Thanks Tara for the info!
I didn't realize that some balconies were just the step out kind, I'd hate that. That's the reason I went to the YC instead of BC, because YC has all full size balconies and BC has both full and step out. I will definitely request a full balcony, that'll be more important than view as my mom loves to sit out there.

Try to get a room close to the elevators. When we went we had a room at the end of the hall and it was neverending after a long day at the parks.

Spend some time in the lounge listening to old radio programs. The couches are comfy and the atmosphere very nostalgic!

If you can, take a stroll around the townhouse villas with their private pool -- it's like another world out there!

Take the shortcut to get to MGM: cut through the Luna Park pool area to get to the path that winds its way to the studios.

Try the slide at the pool! We like it even better than the one at Stormalong Bay (not as fast or scary!)

The pizza at the walk up window, on the BoardWalk, is terrific.

Valet park. The lot is a loooooooooong (and unshaded) walk from the front door.

Have a wonderful time! We loved our stay at the BWI. I think you will, too. :smooth:

Thanks Greg and Gretel!
The short cut to MGM sounds great! Long walks to the elevator do not, I'll ask not to be placed at an end. I do generally valet anyway. Can't you tell how lazy I am? Excited about shortcuts, afraid of long hallway walks and valet all the way! LOL

I would request a garden view, upper floor. We had a standard view last December and faced the walkway to the bus stop by the front driveway. People were walking by constantly. Good thing it was only 1 night before we moved to the Villas. I did not make any requests except non-smoking and we did not arrive until about 3:00pm and that was all that was left. It was on the same level as the lobby and a short walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter