• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have bf @ Chef Mickey's?

tinkrbells

Faith, trust, & a little Pixie Dust
I am planning an ADR for Chef Mickey's for our next trip. We have been to several character meals before, but this one is new. Our DD will be 2 and she enjoyed character dining during our last trip.

How was the atmosphere and the food?

Thanks!

We ate at Chef Mickey's for breakfast the beginning of Feb. It was really good. The food is very tasty and the characters are really cute. The atmosphere is very relaxed and fun. Your two year old will love it.

LOVE IT! The kids have always had the best time! Food is pretty good, large selection.

While (from our experience) I wouldn't characterize it as "very relaxed", my DD5 LOVED this loud, napkin twirling, experience. The food was decent, (we were there for breakfast) and we had good character interaction. Goofy was especially funny! I think this is a must do, it's so very Disney!:thumbsup2

Why is it that food at buffets is always "decent?" Is there a buffet at WDW where the food is juts downright GOOD or WONDERFUL??

This past Sept we ate at Chef Mickey's for breakfast for the 1st time and absolutely loved it!! My son was 2 at the time and he really had a great time. There was alot of character interaction & they spent plenty of time with us - we were not rushed at all. Plus the food was great & the service was great also. We've already got our ADR for this Sept & are definitely looking forward to Chef Mickey's.

Why is it that food at buffets is always "decent?" Is there a buffet at WDW where the food is juts downright GOOD or WONDERFUL??

Everyone has their own opinion, some people have raved about the food at some of the buffets. That hasn't been our experience though. Decent would be the best way to describe it for us. Since most, if not all (?) the buffets are character meals that is the reason we continue to go. It's Disney after all, and one of the things our kids enjoy the most are those character meals. It's worth the trade off for us. Heck, if you ate some of the dinners I make at home you might think those were "just decent"!:rotfl:

I think the "decent" ratings are true of MOST buffets -- not just at Disney.

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's on several occasions and find the food hot when its supposed to be hot, cold when its supposed to be cold and generally tasty. It's not supposed to be gourmet fare.:rolleyes:

We had a great time everytime we've been there and enjoy all the character interaction and personal time! My only comment is that with all the stimulus in the room, its sometimes hard to get kids to sit & eat, so they are hungry an hour later!;)

Hope you love it if you decide to go!

Hi.

Anyone been there lately?

I'm wondering what characters are regulars all the time?

Thank you for sharing. :)

We have a lunch reservation at the end of April. Has anyone had a res around 12 noon. Do they still serve breakfast or is it actually lunch by then?

Carrie

Hi.

Anyone been there lately?

I'm wondering what characters are regulars all the time?

Thank you for sharing. :)

Well it is Chef Mickey's so the biggest Cheese is always there. In Sept we had breakfast with: Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck as well. It was a wonderful time and a good meal too. We had an 11:10 ADR. I add that because even that late into the meal things were fresh and full.

Well it is Chef Mickey's so the biggest Cheese is always there. In Sept we had breakfast with: Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck as well. It was a wonderful time and a good meal too. We had an 11:10 ADR. I add that because even that late into the meal things were fresh and full.

I heard Chip & Dale are regulars there, is this not the case? :confused3

I am planning an ADR for Chef Mickey's for our next trip. We have been to several character meals before, but this one is new. Our DD will be 2 and she enjoyed character dining during our last trip.

How was the atmosphere and the food?

Thanks!
We have been a few times and had a lot of fun there. It is a good time for all.

I heard Chip & Dale are regulars there, is this not the case? :confused3

We were there this past Oct. and Jan. and there was no Chip or Dale... Donald did the greeting.... Micky, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto all came around to the tables.

We really like this one... We think the BREAKFAST food is very good (there is this potato and cheese dish that is terrific), the atmosphere is fun (loud but fun), character interaction is good (a bit fast at the table but good).... Something everyone should experience at least once.

Chip and Dale are readily available in Fantasyland as well as at their own sing along at the Ft. Wilderness campground each night.

Tens if not hundreds of thousands of tired, hungry people just wanting to eat and go to bed...Disney cashed in big on this concept. Make medocre to good food, ppl are so tired, they don't care. They just want to eat and move on.

Now while this isn't the case for everyone, most of us have wanted to just eat and get to the room...later on you wished the food was better, but sleep overruled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter