• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have a Puffy or Dreamcloud mattress?

Hopscotch

Mouseketeer
Searching for a new mattress and both of these seem to have great reviews. But most of their reviews are on their own websites. Would love to know if anyone has either and what they think? Dreamcloud is definitely cheaper by a couple hundred dollars. Also how do dispose of an old mattress if you order on-line?

We have two Dreamcloud mattresses - a full and a king. Both are comfortable and holding up well to constant use. The mattresses are softer/ more cushioned than we had expected. While we like them, my husband wishes they were firmer. Customer service is very good. The first king mattress we received was defective. It never expanded completely, so it sloped severely from the middle to the edges. We sent an email and pictures, and the company promptly sent a replacement mattress. We disposed of the old one(s) in our regular trash pickup. Hated to throw away the new mattress, but it was defective and not usable at all.

My husband and I just purchased a DreamCloud mattress about one month ago. We need a new mattress and on a whim (and laziness) I ordered one online instead of looking in a store.

We got the Premiere king and found it a little too firm. Customer service was very good, they sent out a soft 2-in topper at no cost to us. With the topper, the mattress is extremely comfortable for both my husband and me.

Part of the problem with buying large/bulky/heavy items online is the shipping cost and how to dispose of the old one. I know some cities are very particular about what you can put out in the trash. That is something to consider when making that type of purchase (washer/dryer, mattress, furniture, etc.). If you have no practical way to dispose of the old product, then what? If you purchase the item from a local store who delivers also ask them about removal of the old one. That is what we did when purchasing new mattresses recently and they also cart away the old ones and setup the new one in a second floor bedroom. With something like a mattress, there are also so many styles and level of firmness, you almost need to go to the store and see which one you like best.

Saving a few dollars online isn't the only factor to consider.

Part of the problem with buying large/bulky/heavy items online is the shipping cost and how to dispose of the old one. I know some cities are very particular about what you can put out in the trash. That is something to consider when making that type of purchase (washer/dryer, mattress, furniture, etc.). If you have no practical way to dispose of the old product, then what? If you purchase the item from a local store who delivers also ask them about removal of the old one. That is what we did when purchasing new mattresses recently and they also cart away the old ones and setup the new one in a second floor bedroom. With something like a mattress, there are also so many styles and level of firmness, you almost need to go to the store and see which one you like best.

Saving a few dollars online isn't the only factor to consider.
This is true! For us, not having a company remove our old mattress was a nonissue because we live in an apartment building with porters that will take our mattress and arrange pickup.

I can't help with those brands, as I chose a Nectar (which I LOVE!). But you might want to see if the ones you like are available through Amazon. I got the same price on mine as listed on the company's website. And then for $50 I was able to add on Amazon's in-home delivery service. Two guys brought my new mattress in, hauled it upstairs and set it up, and then took the old one away. Took all of about 15 minutes. Best $50 I ever spent!

I have a Puffy mattress. Purchased 3 years ago. Love it. We just hauled our old mattress out to the curb on garbage day.

Thanks for the replies. I need to look into disposal options as we don’t have town trash pickup.

For those that have either of these, do you have the Hy rid or a different version? Do you find it soft or firm? Is it similar to a Tempurpedic (which we have now and don’t live but it’s 10 years old).

We went through a couple of mattresses last year before we found one we like. We ended up with a Nectar premium, which is super comfortable and far better than a much more expensive mattress we also tried out.

We bought the Nectar from a brick-and-mortar store, so they set it up and took the old mattress away.

I went with Puffy and it's been fantastic! Quick delivery, easy setup. It strikes the perfect balance between plush comfort and back support. No stiffness in the mornings and it stays cool all night. Really durable too – feels like new even after months. For me, Puffy stands out in comfort and quality!

I absolutely recommend the Puffy Mattress! It's incredibly comfortable and has maintained its quality over time. It's definitely worth the investment for the quality of sleep you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter