Anyone have a problem bringing a pb&j sandwich through security?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how this went since it's jelly. I guess we could try to get them all in a 1 quart zip lock.

In a sandwich this is fine. You would have a problem in the Jelly and/or peanut butter were still in the jar.

You can bring a bunch of pre-made PB&J sandwiches in a ziplock, or another container. It does not need to be quart sized. They do not allow gels, liquids, or thick items like a blue ice, yogurt, jelly and peanut butter alone (not on bread), etc. We always take peanut butter sandwiches and no worries at all. We also used frozen peas to keep lunchables cool. :rotfl2:

Please don't bring pb&j to eat on the plane- its really not fair to those with severe peanut allergies. The last 3 flights I have been on, an announcement was made that peanut-containing products were not being served and to please not eat any that you brought due to passengers with life threatening allergies

Please don't bring pb&j to eat on the plane- its really not fair to those with severe peanut allergies. The last 3 flights I have been on, an announcement was made that peanut-containing products were not being served and to please not eat any that you brought due to passengers with life threatening allergies

Here we go again. Eating PB &J isn't going to bother someone with an allergy unless they plan on grabbing my sandwich and eating it. There is no peanut protein released into the air from peanut butter.

and I would have eaten my sandwich if I had been on that plane.

I work in an elementary school with kids with peanut allergies. The tables need to be cleaned carefully before the allergy kids sit there, but as long as peanut butter isn't being eaten next to the child, he or she should be safe. It's contact that causes the problem. We haven't had any problems in the past 10 years and we have multiple peanut allergy kids. (Actually, the only reaction we had was a child who ate something he brought from home!)

If my child or myself had a food allergy, I would be wiping down the tray and armrests before sitting on the plane, who knows what was eaten on the last flight.

If I was asked not to eat it, I'd wait.

We put our sandwiches and other lunch items in a separate bag and put it right through security with no problems. Enjoy!

Those with peanut allergies should be more concerned about what was eaten on the flight before in their seat then someone in the cabin eating a PB&J sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter