• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have a list of all of the park play areas?

dydrmr81

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I'll be taking my son on his first trip to WDW in January. He will be 16 months old. He is a very active, curious guy, not willing to sit in a stroller for long, so I'm assuming we will be spending a lot of time letting him run free in play areas like Pooh's Playful Spot. I was wondering if anyone had a list of all play areas like that in WDW? I have searched but couldn't find a list of all of them!

Thanks so much! :yay:

Good question! I don't have a complete list, but here is what I can recall:

MK - Pooh's Playful Spot, Donald's Boat, and I think there was something next to Splash Mtn...

AK - the Boneyard

MGM - Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground

Epcot - :confused3 I guess the fountain that sprays jets of water up from the ground could count?

I sure others who have been a lot more often than I will be able to add to the list!

I was just coming to post the same question although my son is 11 months! Keep the info coming!! :thumbsup2

Donalds Boat will be closed while we are there - I'm bummed about that!!!

I keep thinking that there are some areas that he can run around in one of the epcot future world attractions but I cant put my finger on it...

~Celeste

There is a small room in Mission Space with climbing tunnels. He would probably like the lower level of these. Inside if you want some A/C. Just go in through the exit and it will be on the right.

Thanks so much everyone!

Is there anywhere in DTD? I've never been to WDW with a young child before, so I've never paid attention to things like this :)

There is also the low hedge maze in the UK area of WS just where the Beatles band plays. I've seen toddlers... um, toddling, through there and having fun.

There is a nice large covered play area in front of the Toontown Train station in Toontown.

ok, lets see what i can recall....

yes at DTD there is a water/pop jet area between earl of sandwich and the big toy shop. they also have a mini train there as well as the logo place. DD was to young to go on the mini train by herself and kept trying to eat the lego's so the water place was the only place we realy let her tear loose for a while.

AK - there is the entire dino land dig site area. one side is soft tunnel/cave climb on stuff while the other is the actual dig site where they can dig for that dino to their hearts delight. they also have a nice area in Asia (i think it is) where there is a fountain (near a rest room) where they can play in the water a bit. also, don't forget the area near Africa on the walkway over Asia where they can bang to their hearts content on the drums.

MGM - honey i shrunk the kids playground is awesome for a little one to blow off steam.

MK - yes, pooh's spot is great, but for some more water fun, Ariel's grotto is pretty large and there is some shade for the adults to sit under. Also there is Donald's Boat area in Toon Town and yes there is a nice shaded play spot under the train tracks that go over Splash Mountain. that is our meeting place for when we are kid swaping for Splash and Big Thunder.

Epcot use to have two of those water/pop jet areas - one over by test track and mission space and the other on the FW side of the central walkway between FW and WS, off to the right. However that last one was closed when we were there in August. (also - unrelated, the talking fountains in epcot weren't working either. bummer.)

don't forget - if you are stayin at Pop - they have a great soft/popjet water area off from the main pool too.

My girls also loved "The Seas" area at Epcot. (Where Nemo is) After you ride the Nemo ride, you get off in a nice A/C aquarium (sp?) my girls loved running around looking at all the fish. Best part all in A/C!!!

We just got back with our 2 year old DS. Don't forget to take him to the baby care center(one in each park) for diaper changes. They are very clean and quiet! Also, they have a room with a TV and toys, which we found a great place to take a break and let him go free! They also sell all the necesary supplies if you run out. We ran out of pampers when we were in Epcot, this place saved the day!!
:yay:

We just got back with our 2 year old DS. Don't forget to take him to the baby care center(one in each park) for diaper changes. They are very clean and quiet! Also, they have a room with a TV and toys, which we found a great place to take a break and let him go free! They also sell all the necesary supplies if you run out. We ran out of pampers when we were in Epcot, this place saved the day!!
:yay:

I can't say enough about the baby care centers at WDW, especially the center at Animal Kingdom, which is fabulous. I took my daughter there several times on various trips when she was in diapers or pull ups and needed changing. It was clean and quiet and welcoming.

Ooh, hadn't even thought about the Living Seas. He would love that, too. The Baby Care stations sound great! :thumbsup2

Thanks again! I've got a good list now!

In my opinion, the two at the MK (Pooh's Playful Spot and the Toontown Playground) are the best for toddlers. The Boneyard at the Animal Kingdom and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at MGM are both really designed for bigger kids. They have bigger "stuff" and more big kids running around, etc. I never liked those two areas when my guy was really little, due to the fact that there were so many older kids and not much for really little ones to do. I was always worried he would be trampled, knocked down, etc. The two areas in the MK were more his speed at that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter