Anyone have a good margarita recipe?

golfgal

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>When did vacu
I want to bring some for our picnic tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone had a good recipe?

I'm making these tonight- Chili's Presiedente Margaritas. Hoping to find a good sweet and sour mix since Chili's won't sell theirs :(

•1 1/4 ounces tequila sauzas commemorativo tequila
•1/2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
•1/2 ounce Presidente brandy
•4 ounces liquid sweet and sour cocktail mix
•Splash of lime juice
•Bar shaker
•Ice
•Salt
•Martini glass
•Lime (optional)

Buy the cheapest mix you can find and the best tequila you can afford. throw out the mix and drink the tequila:drinking1.....Used to work for me:sick:

I use a small can of limeade concentrate or half of a large can. Decent quality tequila (I like the silver versions), Countreau, lots of ice and blend! Not sure about the exact amounts of everything I just add to taste. Sometimes a little water is needed to get the right consistency of blending.

Obviously these are frozen margaritas.

it's more work, but using fresh lime juice instead of the pre-bottled margarita mix or sour mix makes a much better margarita....

of course, if you're making bulk, you'd probably want the easier way (and heck, who wants to share the high-quality stuff with a crowd? ;))

2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec or cointreau
juice of one lime
1 tbsp agave nectar (or to taste)

*add 1 oz Canton for a little twist on things

My new favorite is a tequila martini

1 shot tequila
1/2 shot Patron
1/2 shot Triple Sec
splash orange juice
splash fresh lime juice
splash sweet and sour mix

So good and refreshing. Have fun at your picnic.

Hop a plane to Austin. Head over to Matt's El Rancho on South Lamar and order a Mexican Martini. Tell them to keep the glass and just drink it out of the shaker. They'll think you're a local.

I use a small can of limeade concentrate or half of a large can. Decent quality tequila (I like the silver versions), Countreau, lots of ice and blend! Not sure about the exact amounts of everything I just add to taste. Sometimes a little water is needed to get the right consistency of blending.

Just discovered this recipe and it is wonderful! We used equal parts frozen limeade and tequila and added triple sec to taste. Soooo much better than the mixes we'd been using! Easy and good!

I used to bartend in a restaurant/bar whose claim to fame was their margaritas. It was basically roughly 1/3 lime juice, 1/3 tequila (I liked Patron, but it was $$...so I usually stuck with a silver when I made my own-- no Cuervo, yuck!) and 1/3 triple sec. Combine over ice in a shaker, shake, strain into a salt- or sugar- rimmed glass filled with ice. YUM!!

Equal parts of these ingredients. I use the limeade can to measure the rest.

One can of frozen limeade, defrosted
One can of lemon lime gatorade
One can Jose Cuervo marg. mix
Once can tequila
One 12 ounce beer.

That is how I make them, too.

Now I'm craving Margaritas!

This is what I do:

Empty one can frozen limeade into the blender. Fill can about 2/3 with tequila and add to the mix. Fill the blender with ice and blend till smooth. Perfect every time!:thumbsup2

We add grand marnier to all our margis. I mostly have them on the rocks though.

I'm making these tonight- Chili's Presiedente Margaritas. Hoping to find a good sweet and sour mix since Chili's won't sell theirs :(

•1 1/4 ounces tequila sauzas commemorativo tequila
•2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
•1/2 ounce Presidente brandy
•4 ounces liquid sweet and sour cocktail mix
•Splash of lime juice
•Bar shaker
•Ice
•Salt
•Martini glass
•Lime (optional)

It may have just been a typo, but I wanted to point out that it should only be a 1/2 ounce of Cointreau in the Presidente Margarita. I used to bartend at Chili's and have made so many of these that the recipe has yet to fall out of my head.

It may have just been a typo, but I wanted to point out that it should only be a 1/2 ounce of Cointreau in the Presidente Margarita. I used to bartend at Chili's and have made so many of these that the recipe has yet to fall out of my head.

You are right- and it was a typo- going to fix my original post now. I bartended at Chili's also!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter