• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone hate the DW website

schrodstrip

Mouseketeer
This is the worst site I have ever used. For the last two days I have not even been able to see my ressie as it always has an error after I have logged on.I have planned many vacations online and must say that this site is the worst!! :earseek:

I agree. Somehing needs to be done. I would think that Disney could have a better website. There seems to always be something wrong and it can be sooo slooow at times. I thought it was my computer being slow but than my dad and some of my friends had the same complaint.

The worst part is that you can't change anything! For example, my flight #changed. You have to call to make changes. They obviously do not understand the importance of the computer generation! If I wanted to call everytime, I would not pay for high speed internet! :badpc: :badpc:

It's a website. Hate just seems a little strong LOL!

CarolA said:
It's a website. Hate just seems a little strong LOL!

Yep. Plus, it says that the vacation planner is a beta version, so I expect the bugs.

I agree. The website is not very good. Sometimes I'm just curious about a package or just want a "quick" refrence. HA. Quick, that was funny. I too would think Disney would have a better website. :rolleyes:

I like the site for what it shows me about WDW (especially the park information and the Deluxe resort virtual tours) and I like the web site for checking on reservations and availability. However, I've never actually made a reservation through it and can see why it could be a pain in that regard.

I am amazed that, for such a large, consumer-oriented company, the site is organized so horribly, is often down, and is so difficult to use!!

The site is awful for just looking up basic information. I wouldn't even try to book a ressie on there. All the Disney owned sites are slower than molasses--ABC, Disney for Kids, Family Fun. They need to get new tech people. I'm sure that's why the wdwinfo site and allears.net are so popular. I admit I have a slow computer and dial up internet, but the disney site is still slower than any other out there.

schrodstrip said:
This is the worst site I have ever used. For the last two days I have not even been able to see my ressie as it always has an error after I have logged on.I have planned many vacations online and must say that this site is the worst!! :earseek:

I was very frustrated with this site as well, with having phlebitis and other health issues, I complained how I could NOT navigate the site, nor had time to re-enter new info.

I got an email back and CM told me to go up to "Tools", then go to "internet options," then to "temporary internet files," then to also, check "delete files," and check "delete off line files." After you do this, you wait and hit ok or apply, I forget which. Go back to where you were in site, back once, pull up itineray and start anew. This has worked each time. I sure HTH someone else. :earsgirl:

Dutchmom23 said:
I was very frustrated with this site as well, with having phlebitis and other health issues, I complained how I could NOT navigate the site, nor had time to re-enter new info.

I got an email back and CM told me to go up to "Tools", then go to "internet options," then to "temporary internet files," then to also, check "delete files," and check "delete off line files." After you do this, you wait and hit ok or apply, I forget which. Go back to where you were in site, back once, pull up itineray and start anew. This has worked each time. I sure HTH someone else. :earsgirl:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Clearing Temporary Internet Files (cache)

1. From the browser menu along the top of the screen, select "Tools"

2. One of the selections in the menu should be "Internet Options", select that option.

3. There should be a section marked "Temporary Internet Files" on the tab marked General. In this section there should be at least one button that says "Delete Files".

4. Select this "Delete Files" button. Another box should pop up asking if you want to delete offline files also. Check yes and then select OK. The system will then go about deleting the temporary internet files from the computer. Don't worry, this does not affect favorites or any bookmarked items, but will clear the cache.
Sincerely,

X

WDW Online Communications

I am visually impaired (legally blind) and I need a contrast between the print and the background. Sometimes it is almost impossible to read.I also agree it is hard to get around. Did not like the change at all. :sad:

Ditto! :badpc:

Among the problems already listed, I've been unable to access the passholder page for over 2 months. I've exchanged about 10 emails with Disney's web geeks. Finally they said:

"The area that maintains our website is aware of the problem, and is currently working to resolve the error. Until it is resolved, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company - a division of Disney reservations at 407 828-8101 daily from 7:00am to 11:00pm Eastern Standard Time. They will be happy to assist you."

Notice, no toll-free number offered. I think they finally got tired of dealing with me and just said it was a "cookie" problem that would take a few weeks to fix.. that was about 6 weeks ago. I really think they just wanted me to leave them alone.

:confused3

I don't know what I'd do without sites like this one and allearsnet. Restaurants, for example. You'd think that DISNEY would be the one posting the menus. If I had to rely on the Disney websites to choose restaurants, I'd be lost.

I have to agree with everyone else. I always cringe when I have to go on the site. It is hard to navigate and so slow!! I tried searching for park hours- no results. I think you have to choose theme parks and then the calendar. I don't exactly remember. I, too, am very thankful for the other websites. I should just learn a little patience and wait for them to post hours, etc.
- Angie

The new version of the site is certainly a down-grade from the previous version.
I have broadband connections at home and work and load times are much slower than they used to. And I agree, navigation is horrible. We are the users, why didn't they consult us for a user study!?

And now it's sulking puckerup: because you said you hate it :laughing:

The reservations section is gone, kaput - EVERY resort is showing up as full for any date for the rest of the year. This is the website from hell. :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter