• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone had last-minute luck?

headedtoWDW

Earning My Ears
I've been trying for almost 2 months to get a breakfast reservation at the Crystal Palace - no luck! Our trip starts next week and I'm getting discouraged. Has anyone had last-minute luck getting dining reservations? Any tips?

Thanks so much!

Yes, I have had last minute luck. I've picked up ADRs I had been trying to make for months a day or 2 before. The main thing is to be persistent. Try online multiple times a day. The more you try the better your chance of picking up a cancellation before someone else does. Now with the cancellation policy, I don't know that your chances the day before are very good, but someone might change their plans 2 days before. We discovered our first trip to WDW that the pre-park opening breakfast was a disaster for us, because DD is not a morning person and with the one hour time change getting to the parks by rope drop was hard enough. As a result, I cancelled a prime pre-park opening Tusker House ADR the day before- now it would probably be 2 days before, but it can happen. I'm sure someone was thrilled to pick up my cancelled ADR.

I agree with the PP. Persistence is key. I had a guest get 'Ohana one day a couple of weeks ago the same day for a 7pm reservation. She said she'd called TEN times that day. It paid off for her!

I got one today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried about twice a day since we booked two months ago, but just now I got the perfect time on our last morning. SO excited!

I was able to get a CRT dinner ressie a few years ago after weeks of trying. I think I finally got it about a week before our trip. Persistence is key, and I think your chances are better the closer you get to your trip since people start canceling what they won't use. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter